Video of Rondo Spitting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
watchME wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
If CP3 thought Rondo purposely spit on him, he should have been the one swinging.

Well, he was smart enough not to. On the street or in a bar, Rondo gets instantly clocked for doing that.
Good luck “clocking” Rondo. Dude is not only built like a machine but you can tell he has boxing skills. That left hook was beautiful. Had they not grabbed him and cp3 would of been in the hospital

Congrats on a new man crush.

Is anyone surprised it's the weak-minded who are impressed by this phony, macho jackassery?

But on the flip side, aren't you attempting phony, macho contrarianism but with syntax, instead of physically in person? People use the word "Ironic" a bunch but I think this fits the definition of irony to a "T"
loki05
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject:

4 games (3 for Rondo)....totally worth it to spit and punch The Players Assoc President. kudos
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
watchME wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
If CP3 thought Rondo purposely spit on him, he should have been the one swinging.

Well, he was smart enough not to. On the street or in a bar, Rondo gets instantly clocked for doing that.
Good luck “clocking” Rondo. Dude is not only built like a machine but you can tell he has boxing skills. That left hook was beautiful. Had they not grabbed him and cp3 would of been in the hospital

Is anyone surprised it's the weak-minded who are impressed by this phony, macho jackassery?

But on the flip side, aren't you attempting phony, macho contrarianism but with syntax, instead of physically in person? People use the word "Ironic" a bunch but I think this fits the definition of irony to a "T"
How do you think he knows so much about getting "clocked" at bars? That's exactly what would happen to him if he called another man weak minded.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:28 am    Post subject:

Rondo is scum.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject:

loki05 wrote:
4 games (3 for Rondo)....totally worth it to spit and punch The Players Assoc President. kudos

He better watch out or The Gutty Little Competitor may go through the back halls of Staples with his posse and try and look Rajon up.

How many incidents per year is the Gutty Little Competitor going to cause?

Just shut your mouth and stick to flopping guy.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Rondo is scum.

I wouldn't go that far.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject:

Rondo is a dirty (bleep), so this isn't surprising. Will be interesting to see how the team responds. Doesn't feel like it was all that galvanizing for us.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Rondo is scum.

I wouldn't go that far.

It's harsh, but I'm not going to let the fact that he's been wearing a Lakers jersey for 15 minutes change my opinion of him. He's an (bleep). Always has been, always will be.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Rondo is scum.

I wouldn't go that far.

It's harsh, but I'm not going to let the fact that he's been wearing a Lakers jersey for 15 minutes change my opinion of him. He's an (bleep). Always has been, always will be.

There's a difference between Rondo being a jerk and being scum. Isn't there?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Rondo is scum.

I wouldn't go that far.

Fair argument, but repeatedly baiting people into fights is scum territory for me.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
watchME wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

So true. Calling someone names while arguing is just another form of phony macho jackassery played out over the internet.

It’s just another form of comparing d**** sizes
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Rondo is a dirty (bleep), so this isn't surprising. Will be interesting to see how the team responds. Doesn't feel like it was all that galvanizing for us.

Have to wonder how this will be handled in the locker room. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that first team mtg or practice.

Rondo with a punk move and Ingram losing his cool was disappointing. But James consoling Paul while his team needed leadership may be the bigger issue.

I can't imagine that Rondo or Stephenson won't be shy about commenting about it. Or the young players looking for that leadership and loyalty to the brand.

Walton has his hands full making sure there are not lingering effects. Hoping they use this as a unifying incident and run the Spurs off the court tonight.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Have to wonder how this will be handled in the locker room. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that first team mtg or practice.

Rondo with a punk move and Ingram losing his cool was disappointing. But James consoling Paul while his team needed leadership may be the bigger issue.

I can't imagine that Rondo or Stephenson won't be shy about commenting about it. Or the young players looking for that leadership and loyalty to the brand.

Walton has his hands full making sure there are not lingering effects. Hoping they use this as a unifying incident and run the Spurs off the court tonight.

For the record, I have no problem with Rondo instigating stuff and punching CP3. CP3 was taking it to him and taunting him, have at it (not a fan of the spitting, though), and as a bonus, Lonzo can start. Wasn't a fan of Ingram's actions, but the entire league can identify with being frustrated with Harden's antics. I wonder how everyone felt about Lebron's reaction. From hanging with CP3 too long IMO after the fight, to his "I didn't say anything" approach, didn't seem very galvanizing overall.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Rondo is scum.

I wouldn't go that far.

Fair argument, but repeatedly baiting people into fights is scum territory for me.

Gotcha. I guess it's a semantic argument where I use scum for those just below the human monster level. Like Cosby is a monster, but Charlie Rose is scum sort of thing.

Rondo seems more like a complicated, socially awkward jerk.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject:

inconclusive video, if he didnt spit you must acquit
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:

I find it interesting if not comical how the league interpreted and responded. And some fans, including myself.

I assume the worst from Rondo and that he did it on purpose. But you are correct it is inconclusive as to his intent. Spit was expelled. Whether intentional or not is in the interpretation of those viewing.

But there is no mis-interpreting Paul's contact with Rondo. He reached out to poke Rondo in the eye (or very close to it as some keep proposing) and then shoved him in the face. Not a punch, slap or shove. An eye poke.

IMO an eye poke should be considered more egregious and dangerous even if getting spit on.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:

I find it interesting if not comical how the league interpreted and responded. And some fans, including myself.

I assume the worst from Rondo and that he did it on purpose. But you are correct it is inconclusive as to his intent. Spit was expelled. Whether intentional or not is in the interpretation of those viewing.

But there is no mis-interpreting Paul's contact with Rondo. He reached out to poke Rondo in the eye (or very close to it as some keep proposing) and then shoved him in the face. Not a punch, slap or shove. An eye poke.

IMO an eye poke should be considered more egregious and dangerous even if getting spit on.

Before alleged spit, CP3 took an aggressive arm folded posture towards Rondo appearing to be taunting in a "do something then" fashion, he used the "spit" to down play his role in the matter in true CP3 fashion
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Before alleged spit, CP3 took an aggressive arm folded posture towards Rondo appearing to be taunting in a "do something then" fashion, he used the "spit" to down play his role in the matter in true CP3 fashion

“You want some of me?”
“Why your arms all folded like that?”
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Rondo is scum.

I wouldn't go that far.

Kg says High
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject:

That looks intentional. Really disappointing.

I figured there would be some type of tape on it one way or another. Now we know.

So in all this madness the Lakers come out looking like the a-holes. Rondo spits on another player and BI throws a sucker punch.

Not a good day!
nothing about that looked intentional. lol at people making stuff up as they go. literally nothing about that LOOKED intentional even if it was. Rondo did an excellent job of hiding the intent. when was the last time you seen someone intentionally spit on someone where it looked like what you just saw? NEVER

This is what it looks like when you intentionally spit on someone.

people talk and spit comes out of their mouths at times. It has happened to many people. doesnt mean they intentionally spit on them in that situation which is what this looked like. Now if I'm CP3 i would THINK it was intentional even if it wasnt. So i get why cp3 lost it. but you can never put your finger in someone's face and not expect a right jab. be ready, hands up at all times.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject:

He moved his head forward like a spitting motion
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
pmacla wrote:

THIS.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Bottom line; Rondo won the battle, lost the war.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject:

I’m enjoying these stories coming out since the fight:

Quote:
The two guards had piled technical fouls that led to a confrontation at the end of a Nov. 1, 2009 matchup between the Celtics and New Orleans Pelicans. According to Adrian Wojnarowski, who wrote at Yahoo! at the time, Rondo told Paul he wished he could be him, that “I’ve got a ring and you’re never gonna win one.”

Rondo knew almost 10 years ago cp3 wouldn’t get a chip.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Rondo is scum.

I wouldn't go that far.

We have had a lot of annoying cocky players in the Lakers franchise.. Rondo is a winner that’s all I care about not his personality.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: