Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
I'm not sure and I hope someone can clarify this but I believe we have not been over .500 since 2013 "the Dwightmare" season????????

2016, we got to about 7-5...then had the nightmare month with like 18 games or so in 30 days...and wheels fell off

Wow thanks for the info!

Tough loss tonight but Im Still not discouraged and I have faith Lebron will lead us out of this hole just like that Thai Navy Seal who rescued those soccer kids out of that trench
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Good game although a loss. Much better ball movement with Lonzo moved to staring lineup. LB still dominated the ball too much. Kuzma fits with first unit more. He is a scorer we needed. Hart shows the energy we needed. Ingram as a third year play should show his scoring ability and energy too
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
I'm actually encouraged by what I saw. Our young core played up to the potential we expect from them.

So far we've fallin just short of winning. With a few tweaks, and better defense we are a formidable team.

It's just one game guys.

Agreed, the young guys and McGee really supported Lebron tonight.

79 - 3
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
I'm actually encouraged by what I saw. Our young core played up to the potential we expect from them.

So far we've fallin just short of winning. With a few tweaks, and better defense we are a formidable team.

It's just one game guys.

79 - 3

Best record evah!
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

It's just one game guys.

Totally man. Happy with the young cores performance. Williams was good when he had the chance to play.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Again, another game that should be encouraging but still ends in a loss. Really cant keep piling the losses man. The 1st quarter did us in. We came back a few times, but there confidence was so high due to their 1st quarter explosion. We shot okay tonight from 3, but the Spurs just seemed to hit all the clutch threes. Sky isn't falling yet. On to the next game.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Sure I am disappointed in the outcome but I saw more good than bad. Kuzma was balling, Zo looked more comfortable out there, McGee continues to hustle, Hart is full of heart and Williams just played hard.

I will admit, I liked seeing an animated Walton after the game. These freedom of movement fouls are already ruining this young season. LBJ is also like Shaq in regards than the officials punish him by swallowing their whistles because he never physically falls. He is too strong but that also means he is getting hit harder than anyone and I liked his little dig to the officials after the game as well.

There is no excuse for him missing go head free throws, but he has always shined away from that for whatever reason.

I am not even mad at this loss I am more encouraged than anything.
Manny450r
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
sogood. wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
sogood. wrote:
Game-tying/go-ahead field goals with under 10 seconds left in the postseason:

Kobe Bryant: 5/22 (23%)
LeBron James: 12/23 (52%)

You wanty a real clutch situations analysis. Here you go: LINK

Stop spreading fake news.

https://twitter.com/RTSportsTalk/status/992970833751674881/photo/1

I gave you a real analysis, you give me a twitter post...

Yup! Thank you!

People love to re-post fake posts like that. In actual game winning/game tying shots Kobe has like 30+ game winners.

Right, I can think of one season when he had like 5
Game winning shots at the buzzer.
walter mccarty
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Great game, (bleep) reffing but it wasn't the reason we lost, plenty of opportunities to win it. Lakers over fouling and breakdowns on switches is really killing them. Seems like they should be switching way more, any time they're fighting through screens these guys get separation and hit shots.

The way the game is called now is so (bleep), way too many ticky tack fouls, obviously it was lop sided in the spurs favor but in general this is just terrible, too many stops to the flow of play. I guess the NBA just wants the scoreline to be like a video game?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

It's just one game guys.

79 - 3

The season starts tomorrow.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:01 am    Post subject:

5 point lead with 45 seconds left... SMH.

This is one of those head scratchers. The game was in the bag.

Defensive breakdowns will need to be addressed or we're in trouble. No amount of scoring / 3pt shooting can fix a weak defense.
Ryan1973
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:09 am    Post subject:

At this point I don't see them winning at Phoenix on Wednesday night. They will probably give up 130 points because they don't play a lick of defense.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Again, another game that should be encouraging but still ends in a loss. Really cant keep piling the losses man. The 1st quarter did us in. We came back a few times, but there confidence was so high due to their 1st quarter explosion. We shot okay tonight from 3, but the Spurs just seemed to hit all the clutch threes. Sky isn't falling yet. On to the next game.

143 and loss ain't encouraging. I was more encouraged by the loss to HOU, tbh.

Our D stands for Dog-s. That...WON'T...get it done... That sh reminded me of the 2 OT gm at HOU last year that they lost after scoring 146ish.

I do agree w/ your take on 1st Qtr tho. You're begging to lose when you go down 16 just like that. Hell, we knew that lesson from last year. We had plenty of slug ass starts like that last year. It's harder to keep trying to catch up over and over than to play a "standard" nip and tuck 142-143 game. They (and by they I mean almost everyone who is not Lakers) have the shooters to pull those games out on the road, no less. We don't. I guess the coaches want a higher pace because we suck at scoring less than we suck at defending. I realize that we played 3 tough opponents in our first three, but our predicament has been on display already. It would've been feasible to lose all 3 games even if they were better played and slower performances from us and the opponents, but the way we lost these 3 is disquieting. They involve problems we hadn't figured out BEFORE Brawn got here. He's just learning these problems for the first time is all.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:59 am    Post subject:

Ryan1973 wrote:
At this point I don't see them winning at Phoenix on Wednesday night. They will probably give up 130 points because they don't play a lick of defense.

Some of the issues of last year made even the Suns a hard team to beat. We had a 132-130 gm there iirc in the 2nd game of the year. One of our losses was to them (at home -- and they looked motivated -- Devin Booker looked like he was still mad about some incident that happened in the previous matchup, God bless him).

I just want to see them better prepared to start that game. Not sleepy. No excuse to see that in the 3rd game of the year against SA. They weren't even steaming after a fistfight and suspensions to their bros. They deserve to lose every time they carry that issue from last season forward to this one. That's pox on both the coaches and players' households. Everyone's to blame. Annoying thing is that it's more likely than not that we will probably have the same issue next year with Anthony Davis or the likes next to Brawn et al. I always marvel at how other coaching staffs immediately get up and try to put an end to any hint of momentum that we have while Luke tends to be Phillish with timeouts doubled with the teamwide issue of sleepy, casual starts to games.

I have no problem with Josh Heart. That guy is a warrior and his play of late is one of the few refreshing things to see thus far. Nice to see a Charlie Hustle type of attitude turn into an actual improvement in play. He's making a name for himself and he already deserves more PT than KCP.
trunkz550
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

Lebron's D has been terrible. He's not getting back or contesting open 3s by the opposing team. I guess thats the reason he hasn't been on an all nba defensive team since the Heat. He's seeing the west is a different animal and much tougher than the east. I think we will be fine though. We played well enough to win but tough loss tho.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

I got out of the game thread early. I saw the negativity. I usually don't post there because of it. Man, they came back. They didn't give up on themselves. This is a team you don't give up on. I wish LeBron had gone to the rim instead of taking the jumper. He may have gotten a foul or maybe a and 1. Remember we weren't at full strength. Lonzo's shot is awkward but it's falling. He's going to be OK.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
sogood.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
I never want to hear anyone say LeBron is better than Kobe ever again.

Truth. You never saw Kobe miss a game-winner in the regular season.

He missed many, missing 2 clutch freethrows tho .. That wasn’t Kobe

Wrong

https://twitter.com/LakeShowYo/status/1054616845603328000
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
chantruong wrote:

143 and loss ain't encouraging. I was more encouraged by the loss to HOU, tbh.

Our D stands for Dog-s. That...WON'T...get it done... That sh reminded me of the 2 OT gm at HOU last year that they lost after scoring 146ish.

I do agree w/ your take on 1st Qtr tho. You're begging to lose when you go down 16 just like that. Hell, we knew that lesson from last year. We had plenty of slug ass starts like that last year. It's harder to keep trying to catch up over and over than to play a "standard" nip and tuck 142-143 game. They (and by they I mean almost everyone who is not Lakers) have the shooters to pull those games out on the road, no less. We don't. I guess the coaches want a higher pace because we suck at scoring less than we suck at defending. I realize that we played 3 tough opponents in our first three, but our predicament has been on display already. It would've been feasible to lose all 3 games even if they were better played and slower performances from us and the opponents, but the way we lost these 3 is disquieting. They involve problems we hadn't figured out BEFORE Brawn got here. He's just learning these problems for the first time is all.

Nice points. I've been a fan of your videos for years and have been watching them recently funny enough.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

sogood. wrote:
LKA wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
I never want to hear anyone say LeBron is better than Kobe ever again.

Truth. You never saw Kobe miss a game-winner in the regular season.

He missed many, missing 2 clutch freethrows tho .. That wasn’t Kobe

Wrong

https://twitter.com/LakeShowYo/status/1054616845603328000

Happens to the best of em. Big Game James doing that here. He did have a superb performance that night tho. He deserved to control the fate either way.

VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject:

hilarious stuff!
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Pheonix is so trash. We are playing so bad that I for sure thought we were losing
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90
Page 90 of 90
Jump to: