View previous topic :: View next topic  
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Svi shot 44.4% from 3 on the NCAA team with 2nd hardest schedule.

He was the best shooter in college basketball on a team that played tough teams all season long.

It's not like we are locking people down on defense anyway... Put the kid in for 20 minutes against the second unit and let's see what he can do.

We aren't going anywhere without scoring and shooting... and from a pure statistical standpoint... Svi is most likely to become a reliable shooter from three.

I think the game is a little too big for him right now, and a guy who could give the team reasonable rookie production later in the year could be embarrassingly bad this early in the season.

The kid changed continents when he was a teenager... he played for a huge nationally ranked program with crowds more rabid than you'd see at Staples.

I agree with you that we need to be mindful of his psyche... but I say throw him in the deep end with the second unit and give him the green light to shoot. Most of his mistakes have been poor passes by constantly deferring to the vets.

Let him do what he does best... shoot!

Agreed we need to play him more .
. He was lights out in college and in the summer league
I don’t see how we can’t get this to translate to the NBA game
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

He was the best shooter in college basketball on a team that played tough teams all season long.

It's not like we are locking people down on defense anyway... Put the kid in for 20 minutes against the second unit and let's see what he can do.

We aren't going anywhere without scoring and shooting... and from a pure statistical standpoint... Svi is most likely to become a reliable shooter from three.

I think the game is a little too big for him right now, and a guy who could give the team reasonable rookie production later in the year could be embarrassingly bad this early in the season.

The kid changed continents when he was a teenager... he played for a huge nationally ranked program with crowds more rabid than you'd see at Staples.

I agree with you that we need to be mindful of his psyche... but I say throw him in the deep end with the second unit and give him the green light to shoot. Most of his mistakes have been poor passes by constantly deferring to the vets.

I'm not worried about bad minutes ruining his psyche, I'm worried about him being terribad for a few minutes a night on a team with very, very thin margins for success.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Yep, his stroke is pure... and he's deceptively athletic.

A lot of the time players were stealing his passes because they'd jump his passing lanes knowing he wasn't going to shoot.

Luke needs to let Svi shoot instead of letting Lance do his Kobe Jr. iso routine.

Lance hasn't been bad... but we need to get that three point threat going.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Yep, his stroke is pure... and he's deceptively athletic.

A lot of the time players were stealing his passes because they'd jump his passing lanes knowing he wasn't going to shoot.

Luke needs to let Svi shoot instead of letting Lance do his Kobe Jr. iso routine.

Lance hasn't been bad... but we need to get that three point threat going.

He’s the only real shooter on this roster we just have to get his confidence going. Let him get out there and make some mistakes with the right lineup that can cover it up a bit.

I’d like to see Lonzo, Svi, LeBron, Kuzma, McGee out there for at least a short duration

He’s got good size , like you said he’s a pure shooter and he can put the ball on the floor a little bit ..

I just don’t see the purpose of overplaying Lance. I get it he’s the better overall player as of right now but let’s be honest he isn’t even gonna be here next year. If this is a long term plan with LeBron like they keep saying then let’s develop a shooter on rookie contract
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

This is the best time now to use and play Svi.

Zo
Hart
Kuz
Lebron
McGee

Bench:
Lance
KCP
Svi
Zu

9 man rotation tonight with Svi getting some minutes with the right lineup. For Christ sake Luke, do not AND I (bleep) REPEAT DO NOT PLAY SVI WITH GUYS LIKE LANCE AND/OR BEASLEY! You have plenty of other smarter players to work him in with that will get him the ball in the right spots.

This (bleep) is not complicated. For once in your career, stop getting cute and trying to force your small ball in when the situation doesn’t call for it.
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Luke should try to get Svi some action asap. The kid is a shooter, we need shooters. Give him a few minutes and see what happens. He may get hot from deep, maybe, maybe not but we need to find out what he can do at this level.

Right? "Hey Luke, quit being a Phil Jackson and play your rookie!"
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Zo
Hart
Kuz
Lebron
McGee

Bench:
Lance
KCP
Svi
Zu

9 man rotation tonight with Svi getting some minutes with the right lineup. For Christ sake Luke, do not AND I (bleep) REPEAT DO NOT PLAY SVI WITH GUYS LIKE LANCE AND/OR BEASLEY! You have plenty of other smarter players to work him in with that will get him the ball in the right spots.

This (bleep) is not complicated. For once in your career, stop getting cute and trying to force your small ball in when the situation doesn’t call for it.

Yep I'd like to see Lonzo/Hart/Svi/Kuzma/Mo as a regular second lineup

Let LBJ play with Lance and KCP since he's probably the one who brought them in.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
We are winning this game.

That is IF LBJ decides to finish games like a superstar.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Zo
Hart
Kuz
Lebron
McGee

Bench:
Lance
KCP
Svi
Zu

Let LBJ play with Lance and KCP since he's probably the one who brought them in.

It’s why I also wanted Rondo to come off the bench too. He has more experience working with guys like Lance, Beasley, KCP, etc.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

Seems most analyst saying we'll lose this one too and be 0-3
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Zo
Hart
Kuz
Lebron
McGee

Bench:
Lance
KCP
Svi
Zu

It’s why I also wanted Rondo to come off the bench too. He has more experience working with guys like Lance, Beasley, KCP, etc.

They need dominant people to work with Lance... He's been playing pretty well, I have to say... but it's all Lance iso when he's playing with the younger players. Rondo and LBJ will keep him from hogging everything.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

That true too. We’ve beaten and swept this team last season without Lebron. This year should be no different.

And Lebron especially, needs to finally prove he’s still the best. He’s failed spectacularly these last two games to do just that. Takeover when we need you too.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

Does anyone find comfort knowing that no one aside from McGee has played well? It'd be one thing if we were losing and the team was playing well but...

Rondo - meh

Bron - average for him

Ingram - had 1 good quarter in Portland

Lonzo - good game against Houston

Hart - not impressed, especially on defense

Kuzma - bad

KCP- Awful

Lance - ok vs Houston
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
Does anyone find comfort knowing that no one aside from McGee has played well? It'd be one thing if we were losing and the team was playing well but...

Rondo - meh

Bron - average for him

Kuzma - bad

KCP- Awful

Lance - ok vs Houston

Not that I disagree, just funny that if all these guys (outside of Lonzo vs. Houston) hit their shots, we might be saying how well they are playing...at least on offense.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

Rondo - meh

Bron - average for him

Kuzma - bad

KCP- Awful

Lance - ok vs Houston

Not that I disagree, just funny that if all these guys (outside of Lonzo vs. Houston) hit their shots, we might be saying how well they are playing...at least on offense.

Of course, it's such a small sample size that if they played well last game and they won, I'd say that they are playing well. But they didn't, we now have 2 games of them playing bad as opposed to 1 game of them playing good or 2 games of them playing good.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:

Rondo - meh

Bron - average for him

Kuzma - bad

KCP- Awful

Lance - ok vs Houston

I find it extremely positive that we had a chance to win both games despite players still finding there way on this team, that’s why no one should be discourage.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

Rondo - meh

Bron - average for him

Kuzma - bad

KCP- Awful

Lance - ok vs Houston

I find it extremely positive that we had a chance to win both games despite players still finding there way on this team, that’s why no one should be discourage.

Also, Houston was the best team last year record wise and Portland 3rd in the west

Our schedule has been no walk in the park
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Very true. I know that we got spoiled having Kobe will us to win but I know LBJ is not going ISO basketball.
kb24GOAT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject:

lonzo and kuz getting the start
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

OK Lebron. This is Derozan on the other end. Time to make him cry again.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

Quote:
Ohm Youngmisuk @NotoriousOHM

Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma will start tonight in place of the suspended Rajon Rondo and Brandon Ingram. https://es.pn/2R5y0db

Yes!
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:

Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma will start tonight in place of the suspended Rajon Rondo and Brandon Ingram. https://es.pn/2R5y0db

Yes!

WEW. Suck it Luke haters
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

Yes!

WEW. Suck it Luke haters

I feel like your avatar!
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

Yes!

WEW. Suck it Luke haters

Can't wait to see who is the bench roster this next several games. Is it gonna be a tandem of Beasley and Stephenson, oh god
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

Our offense should be better.

I hope we win the next 3 games so Luke has that pressure of keeping Zo in the lineup.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 3 of 90
Jump to: