Ariza traded to Wizards; Pg 79
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
I don’t get it. Why trade?

That means we are giving up an expiring and ... a pick? Two expirings?

We get back an expiring in Trevor Ariza

That leaves little incentive for PHX to do a deal unless they just want to help us put which I doubt.

What is in it for PHX to trade for say KCP?

It would reportedly be a 3 way trade with someone else taking KCP. Who knows if they can find a third team to give Phoenix something they want in return. Obviously they don't have any use for Ariza anyways so they aren't losing much. Maybe Lakers send a 2nd rounder and the third team sends a 2nd rounder.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Pure speculation here...

Ariza makes room for BI to be traded as we lack a bigger wing if BI is traded. SVI has been playing over Lance and company to showcase him. Lakers gunning for AD.

Lakers hear through back channels they can’t get KD so they go for AD now. I would take more depth and the likes of Harris + Harrell for more depths.

some of you guys will find a way to link anything to Ingram being traded

Because even a casual basketball fan can see Ingram is like a thorn that sticks out when he’s on the court. He’s the ultimate ball stopper and yet lacks offensive skill set to do anything with the ball consistently. Sure he’s an asset on defense, but in order to be LeBrons number 2, you got to bring more to the table than just that.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Makes sense. LA has to renounce KCP to access max cap next year. Better for KCP to get to a place where he gets heavy minutes and ideally the team has cap room and/or the non taxpayer MLE.

If no for Butler, Philly would have been ideal for him.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Pure speculation here...

Ariza makes room for BI to be traded as we lack a bigger wing if BI is traded. SVI has been playing over Lance and company to showcase him. Lakers gunning for AD.

Lakers hear through back channels they can’t get KD so they go for AD now. I would take more depth and the likes of Harris + Harrell for more depths.

Because even a casual basketball fan can see Ingram is like a thorn that sticks out when he’s on the court. He’s the ultimate ball stopper and yet lacks offensive skill set to do anything with the ball consistently. Sure he’s an asset on defense, but in order to be LeBrons number 2, you got to bring more to the table than just that.

Does it bother you that both Walton and Magic love Ingram? Too bad they disagree with your opinions, guess you're gonna have to deal with Ingram on the roster
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Hmm. Like it in theory. KCP has improved and Ariza’s having a down year.

For nostalgia’s sake it would be awesome to have Ariza back in the purple and gold!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject:

YES YES YES!

Come back home Ariza!
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Pure speculation here...

Does it bother you that both Walton and Magic love Ingram? Too bad they disagree with your opinions, guess you're gonna have to deal with Ingram on the roster

Has the idea of pumping him up in the media to maximize his trade value ever crossed your mind? For some reason I don’t think Luke is praying everyday to have I gram back onto the court, the team plays just fine without him.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Pure speculation here...

Your post history will look silly come July my friend.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Pure speculation here...

Has the idea of pumping him up in the media to maximize his trade value ever crossed your mind? For some reason I don’t think Luke is praying everyday to have I gram back onto the court, the team plays just fine without him.

damn they pumped his value all of last season then didn't include him in a trade for either Kawhi or Paul George.

I guess they're waiting on prime Micheal Jordan
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject:

I guess this hinges on finding a 3rd team that is going to guarantee KCP big minutes. Otherwise he has no reason to agree to a trade since he knows he can get good looks playing with Lebron.

Maybe OKC if Roberson doesn't come back? Pelicans? Those teams came to mind. Not sure if I want to help them while we are in a playoff seeding battle with them.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Pure speculation here...

damn they pumped his value all of last season then didn't include him in a trade for either Kawhi or Paul George.

Dude, go read the reports. Lakers went cold on PG when the KL news broke they decided to go after him instead. And then magic tried to sucker popovich of asking for ingram by building him up all summer long, but popovich was smarter than that and didn’t fall for it. Lakers is the last team popovich will trade KL to unless we ridiculously over pay.

If it was just Magic who keeps pumping up Ingram’s value, then maybe he really thinks that’s the case. But when Lebron joins him in praising Ingram in media, I know somethings up, lebron knows first hand how awkwardly Ingram plays alongside of him.

Last edited by SGV-Laker fan on Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

At this point, KCP > Ariza. But maybe this is just yet another favor for Rich Paul and KCP.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Hmm. Like it in theory. KCP has improved and Ariza’s having a down year.

For nostalgia’s sake it would be awesome to have Ariza back in the purple and gold!

I must have missed his improvement. All I see are bricks and 34% shooting from wide open 3s.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Pure speculation here...

Dude, go read the reports. Lakers went cold on PG when the KL news broke they decided to go after him instead. And then magic tried to sucker popovich of asking for ingram by building him up all summer long, but popovich was smarter than that and didn’t fall for it. Lakers is the last team popovich will trade KL to unless we ridiculously over pay.

So basically, you're just interpreting every report to the narrative that fits what you want?

Justify all the praise for Ingram because it's to boost Ingram's trade value. Dismiss all the reports about Lakers not wanting to involve Ingram in any trades.

Whatever floats your boat, like I said, you're gonna be seeing Ingram come back to his starting spot and be on the roster whether you like it or not. Hopefully it doesn't bother you too much bud
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
At this point, KCP <<< Ariza.

FTFY. KCP is inconsistent as hell while Ariza is still to do this day a true 3 and d role player with championship experience.

James Jones doing us another solid with Tyson Chandler and NOW Ariza.

Last edited by Megaton on Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Ariza is having a down year but to be fair he plays for the suns lol
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

lordtrapula wrote:

People said the same about Tyson.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
I don’t get it. Why trade?

That means we are giving up an expiring and ... a pick? Two expirings?

Some people are speculating that KCP is unhappy here with his decreased role. If that's the case a rebuilding team would be perfect for KCP. We were never going to keep him past this year anyway, just too expensive for what we get back.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject:

KCP will have twice as many shots in Phoenix and won't be expected to play any D. What's not to like?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

lordtrapula wrote:

Everybody has a down year playing for the Suns. Example, see Tyson Chandler before and now after.

There is zero motivation playing for the Suns. Ariza coming back home playing for a contender again, a team he also won a title with, brings that motivation back ten fold.
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

Anyone who plays for Suns looks bad. lol
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

KCP is probably too good at FT shooting for this team
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Look what happened to Houston after they lost Ariza. People underestimate him.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Maybe this means Brandon might be out with that sprain for longer than we think?

When Ingram is back, does Ariza come off the bench?
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject:

So who is the third team? Philly? Fultz to PHX?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 2 of 86
Jump to: