Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 751, 752, 753 ... 1431, 1432, 1433  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ingram14
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Why are RUMORS that Kawhi doesn't want to play with LeBron being glossed over?

Because they’re being put out by Clippers owner who hired people to put our negative Lakers/KL rumors (allegedly)
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
After year 1 together, will we have a me or him problem? LOL! Nobody is talking about worst case scenario that will send us back to the stone ages. They don't click, other teams with cap space starts luring AD, Lebron is never at fault for anything. AD gets a taste of it and bolts like Kyrie. Holy moly!

The stone ages is not far off when the Lakers bet everything on this one season.

The scariest thing is there seems to be no backup plan. If Davis leaves, the Lakers are done for another 10 years. They have no young talent, they have no future, they are missing some future picks in years we'd be the worst team in the league.

If Davis leaves. The Lakers have the LeBron retirement tour for a season and then are a lottery team for the next 10 seasons.

And the wasted potential of the 2014-2019 rebuild is completed as the guys we got rid of become stars around the league while we flounder at the bottom of it, living only on name recognition as opposed to competently running our organization. Essentially becoming the Knicks indefinitely.

That is the worst case scenario, and all it takes is for this year to not end in a Championship. So it's one of those 'you've got one shot at this' scenarios, and everything would have to go perfect.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
After year 1 together, will we have a me or him problem? LOL! Nobody is talking about worst case scenario that will send us back to the stone ages. They don't click, other teams with cap space starts luring AD, Lebron is never at fault for anything. AD gets a taste of it and bolts like Kyrie. Holy moly!

The stone ages is not far off when the Lakers bet everything on this one season.

The scariest thing is there seems to be no backup plan. If Davis leaves, the Lakers are done for another 10 years. They have no young talent, they have no future, they are missing some future picks in years we'd be the worst team in the league.

If Davis leaves. The Lakers have the LeBron retirement tour for a season and then are a lottery team for the next 10 seasons.

And the wasted potential of the 2014-2019 rebuild is completed as the guys we got rid of become stars around the league while we flounder at the bottom of it, living only on name recognition as opposed to competently running our organization. Essentially becoming the Knicks indefinitely.

That is the worst case scenario, and all it takes is for this year to not end in a Championship. So it's one of those 'you've got one shot at this' scenarios, and everything would have to go perfect.

Are you saying that if we don't win it all next year, AD will leave?
hdtvset
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject:

AD asked to be traded himself. He still could get the $4M trade kicker? Is not conflict of interest?
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject:

wrong thread

Go AD
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
MJST wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

If the Lakers build another meme team and Lebron gets injured again for a few weeks, we don’t want AD looking around and realizing he’s on a team worse than the one he had in NO (without Lebron). He might just rethink staying, especially if he feels he can’t trust the Lakers to build a winning team around him as Bron ages, and if we pull another meme team it would be hard to argue.

But the real risk is when Lebron’s opt out is. Iirc, it coincides with Davis’ 10 year mark, so it’s very likely even if he re-ups with us during the summer he does it on a 1-1, or 2-1 contract to get him to his 10 year mark so he can get that sweet 10 year max money. And if Lebron is bouncing, Rich Paul’s much less likely to be pushing AD to stay, especially if we’ve fumbled the roster building for the years we had AD. It becomes a scary possibility that AD bounces when Lebron does. And that is when those picks we owe NO start coming due. This summer and the subsequent summers are KEY in making sure this trade is the tremendous success it has the potential to be. We need to build teams that can compete and convince AD this is where he wants to be long term,,even after Lebron is gone. Getting a young star like Kawhi or Kyrie who’s age lines up with AD’s would be a great move in that direction.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject:

hdtvset wrote:
AD asked to be traded himself. He still could get the $4M trade kicker? Is not conflict of interest?

That's a good question! I don't know but would like to. Trade kickers are usually included in a contract to prevent teams from trading a player where he doesn't want to go... but AD specifically asked to be traded.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject:

hdtvset wrote:

I’m of the opinion he will waive the kicker, no matter if we have a max guy lined up or not. A lot of players do. It’s a common practice when teams work with you on getting to your preferred destinations. And AD isn’t stupid. He’s going to know that 4 extra million to build a team around him and Lebron could be huge.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Because there is a constant flow of contradictory rumors about Kawhi.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

DAMN!! We get AD and have a chance to come up and this page is loaded with negativism.

The man asked to come here and I'm reading a bunch of IF'S. IF the hound hadn't stopped to ish he would have caught the fox?

We have the summer, cap space and a new FA attraction.

Take a look at our roster we're in pretty good shape as is and I bet it's gonna get better. C'mon people quit with the doom and gloom.

Be Johnny Mercer like;

You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Nice GT!

Weird, I tried to update the title thread to point to your video, but it’s a different poster on the 1st page even though thread says I’m the author. Weird.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
MJST wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Despite the fact that Davis already said he's signing a long-term with the Lakers

But but but muh prospects and late picks in the 20s

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject:

I feel ya guys.
I haven't even had a chance to enjoy getting AD because of the 3rd superstar possibility. So unreal at this time. The first time I see him in a Laker Jersey... my mind will be blown
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DAMN!! We get AD and have a chance to come up and this page is loaded with negativism.

The man asked to come here and I'm reading a bunch of IF'S. IF the hound hadn't stopped to ish he would have caught the fox?

Take a look at our roster we're in pretty good shape as is and I bet it's gonna get better. C'mon people quit with the doom and gloom.

Be Johnny Mercer like;

Eliminate the negative

What roster? We have 3 players.
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Be Johnny Mercer like;

Eliminate the negative

5, actually, including Bonga and Mo...
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Thanks for the video.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject:

What is Cris Carter’s connection to Kawhi?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:

Same agent
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
srm90 wrote:

Same agent

I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread but thanks.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:03 am    Post subject:

https://streamable.com/qdinn
AD goes between his legs and finishes with the off hand
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:08 am    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Be Johnny Mercer like;

Eliminate the negative

Roster? I think FA starts in about a week, then we'll know more.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

It is a risk, but a calculated risk. Lakers could have managed it better, but with the Jim/Mitch era with bad contracts, then Magic etc, there was turmoil. But the goal is always get superstars. Thats the Laker's mantra. When they persuade Lebron to come here with the plan, its expected the young players will be gone. AD has a big price tag, but getting a top NBA player. Does it hurt to trade draft picks? Yes, but if Lakers do well, those draft picks are non issues.

If Lakers didn't do what they did, they wouldnt have persuade Lebron to come here. Lakers will basically be the Celtics hoarding draft picks and young players and eventually losing them.
Injuries is part of the game. If GS didn't lose KD and Klay, their dynasty continues.

This is something the Lakers HAD to do, how often can you get a Lebron James and an AD on the same team, plus a 3rd max player? When you get a chance to build a super team, you go do it.

Otherwise keeping the 'core' Lakers will continue to be a mediocre team.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:50 am    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
MJST wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

It is a risk, but a calculated risk. Lakers could have managed it better, but with the Jim/Mitch era with bad contracts, then Magic etc, there was turmoil. But the goal is always get superstars. Thats the Laker's mantra. When they persuade Lebron to come here with the plan, its expected the young players will be gone. AD has a big price tag, but getting a top NBA player. Does it hurt to trade draft picks? Yes, but if Lakers do well, those draft picks are non issues.

If Lakers didn't do what they did, they wouldnt have persuade Lebron to come here. Lakers will basically be the Celtics hoarding draft picks and young players and eventually losing them.
Injuries is part of the game. If GS didn't lose KD and Klay, their dynasty continues.

This is something the Lakers HAD to do, how often can you get a Lebron James and an AD on the same team, plus a 3rd max player? When you get a chance to build a super team, you go do it.

Otherwise keeping the 'core' Lakers will continue to be a mediocre team.

You didn't really dispute his point though which is that there is no backup plan. Which is true. There isn't.

Now, maybe for a guy like AD, that is worth the risk. It's certainly up for debate for sure.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject:

Ingram14 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Because they’re being put out by Clippers owner who hired people to put our negative Lakers/KL rumors (allegedly)

I'm not saying you're wrong. I can easily conceive Ballmer as Slimy Ballz. However, other than the pee-culiar media negativity that dumped on us like an avalanche recently, who or where did this rumor come from? Is this just our collective intuition or has there been rumblings anywhere that someone can cite. Where did THIS rumor come from? Does anyone know?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 751, 752, 753 ... 1431, 1432, 1433  Next
Page 752 of 1433
Jump to: