Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1022, 1023, 1024 ... 1431, 1432, 1433  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Bad signing. He's playing like someone who's just got paid and doesn't give a (bleep). No motivation at all.
Artesties
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject:

LeBron barked at AD when he set a lazy screen there at the end and we called a timeout to set up a play that took the lead. Never seen those two frustrated with eachother I dont think. AD seemed to pout a bit in the huddle and even after he hit that go ahead bucket. Idk if he’s getting heat in the locker room or what but he seems in a funk.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Currently this season where would AD rank?

ESPN ranked him 2nd before the start of the season....... don’t think so, not right now

I'm not sure he's top 10 with how he's playing right now.

He IS, of course, a top 5 player, but his effort and execution this year has been atrocious.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Currently this season where would AD rank?

ESPN ranked him 2nd before the start of the season....... don’t think so, not right now

I'm not sure he's top 10 with how he's playing right now.

He IS, of course, a top 5 player, but his effort and execution this year has been atrocious.

Wishing the best for AD because he's a Laker, but to keep it real:

1. Lebron
- KD
- Steph
- Embiid
- Harden
- Kawhi
- Wayoff
- Luka
- "MVP"
- Jokic/AD/Beal
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject:

AD's usage has dropped, trying to "fit in" as he said. When you're AD, everything should fit around you.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject:

I get AD coasting, but at the very least hit your ducking fts.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject:

I love AD but this guy has to play better - flat out. He is capable of playing WAY better and we all know it. And watching him get some type of injury every game is rough, he needs to get on Lebrons core strengthening routine or something SMH.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:06 pm    Post subject:

I will be calling him Anthony until he plays like AD again. A very disappointing year from him. He’s getting bullied too much on both ends. Danny (bleep) Green made a layup on him 1 on 1... that sums up his year so far
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Not gonna lie that was kind of a pathetic performance especially when Lebron is putting in maximum effort and a lot of the team was struggling.

Not worried about him or anything long term but if you play low minutes and coast much of the regular season in your prime then you have to at least show up in the big games...
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject:

We ain’t winning them all. I felt like we are a much better team regardless of l. Ad will be better
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Tbh I don’t think in game load management works for AD. If he isn’t healthy or needs a break then let him sit out and give the PT to others.

Lebron thrives in game load management, but for AD he needs to play harder for him to be effective.

No one on this roster except Lebron should be in game load managing.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Tbh I don’t think in game load management works for AD. If he isn’t healthy or needs a break then let him sit out and give the PT to others.

Lebron thrives in game load management, but for AD he needs to play harder for him to be effective.

No one on this roster except Lebron should be in game load managing.

I think he needs to sit it out tomorrow. They can handle the Pistons without him. Kid needs a break. You're right, it's hard for AD to in game load manage, it's hard load managing if your defending big men at the same time.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject:

AD needs a few weeks off because this effort is just pathetic, reminds me of when Pau was struggling in the 2011 playoffs.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
AD needs a few weeks off because this effort is just pathetic, reminds me of when Pau was struggling in the 2011 playoffs.

Yea seems he needs to recharge his batteries (mentally not so much physically).
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:08 am    Post subject:

Not worried for AD at all. He proved us he is a champion. Coming back from long title winning season, short off season, signed huge deal.
At the moment not much of a motivation for him. I am sure once PO starts to coming he will be fine. I knew from the moment he came he is not mentality like Kobe where he wants to win every single night and has killer instinct. His mentality is different.
For many many games he dont care at all. Its just how NBA now is.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:50 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Not worried for AD at all. He proved us he is a champion. Coming back from long title winning season, short off season, signed huge deal.
At the moment not much of a motivation for him. I am sure once PO starts to coming he will be fine. I knew from the moment he came he is not mentality like Kobe where he wants to win every single night and has killer instinct. His mentality is different.
For many many games he dont care at all. Its just how NBA now is.

This

He'll be fine. But please, make your FTs
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:46 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

He's 27 years old and getting paid $30 million a year. Why should he need to recharge anything? Kobe, Magic, MJ, Bird never needed to recharge. They played hard every game, every season, because they respected the game.

AD is playing like a spoiled rich kid marshmellow, and I'm sick of it. His numbers are good, but his impact during key moments (eg winning time) is not present.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:47 am    Post subject:

We are playing AD way too less at the 5. Some games rolling with Trez-Gasol at the 5 for 39 min makes sense.

Against Embiid-Sixers ... No. No 5 can do what AD does, outside of maybe a very very healthy Porzingis (which is not common) and even then, he does not do it as well.

We have him sitting out at the 4 and playing a jumpshooting role far too often. Lets just look at the minutes AD was at the 5 in this one - look at the impact there. The Lakers were a -15 the minutes that Gasol-Trez played the 5, and a +14 I believe the minutes AD played the 5. AD was I think a -18 the minutes he played the 4. AD should start at the 4, but we should have him play more 5 than the 9 minutes he got in this one. You want AD at about 15 minutes at the 5, and 18 at the 4 in the RS. 9, is way too less. He should start the half at the 4, but once rotations come into play AD needs to be the teams 5. Last year we were doing a lot of this, since McGee-Dwight played a little less. But with Gasol-Trez, we are not using AD as much at the 5. Frank uses Gasol-Trez a bit more than he did McGee-Dwight. Last year he would often pull McGee in the 1st Q and not bring him back. He would often limit Dwight or McGee to just 8-10 minute in games. With Gasol-Trez, he is giving them a ton of PT regularly. This may just be to buy time until the playoffs (I do not know the end game plan). Hopefully this is not the playoff plan. Even so, when AD is at the 4, he has to be set up for paint touches regularly. Instead we are seeing Bron go for a lot of 1 on 1 and great shooting (which is nothing against Bron, but a poor tactic for the team if they really want to maximize AD at the 4).

The missed FTs in the 4th were awful. No excuses. The soft moves sometimes in the paint, I do not like when he goes for those finesse moves when he is off. When he is on, ok. When he is off, start to become more physical when they put smalls on you. But he showed that in the playoffs just 4 months ago. That he will step up and play physical on offense when his shot is off. He was also playing a lot more 5, and a lot more was on the line in those games.

He is probably going through the championship withdrawal that you saw from Pau, Shaq, and other bigs that won a ring. That next year, that mental concentration, it is just not the same. I definitely see some of it with him.

However his role has changed as well. When Dennis came in as a high usage ballhandling option, instead of Danny. Then you brought in Trez as a high usage post player. You essentially replaced Danny Green who barely holds the ball (only 11-12% usage) and Dwight who barely ever posted up. Now you got a 22% usage player in the starting 5, and a high usage post up guy in Trez. AD is being forced much more into a Kevin Love-Bosh role when those guys are playing. Especially since Bron has come into this season not in PG mode and is in scoring mode. Last year, Bron came in the season to get AD going and lead the league in assists. I hope come playoffs, we change things up like we did last year in the bubble.

When we do start AD at the 4, he needs to be getting 6-7 touches in the mid-range or post, or in movement towards the basket, within the first 6 min of each half. This needs to be done by our guards, particularly Bron and Dennis. Dennis does not have the IQ or control of the game like Rondo do see this. But Bron does. However this year we are seeing more of a scoring Bron, instead of a leading the league in assists, Bron.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

He's 27 years old and getting paid $30 million a year. Why should he need to recharge anything? Kobe, Magic, MJ, Bird never needed to recharge. They played hard every game, every season, because they respected the game.

AD is playing like a spoiled rich kid marshmellow, and I'm sick of it. His numbers are good, but his impact during key moments (eg winning time) is not present.

I'm saying he needs to mentally recharge judging from his play lately. AD clearly does not have a killer mentality on the court like the players you mentioned and lacks consistency as far as star players go, so unfortunately a recharge might be what's best for him. That's what separates a true franchise player like Lebron to AD. Just my opinion of course.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:19 am    Post subject:

We lost by 1, where guys other than AD werent half of their normal selves. If KCP makes one more shot its game. i think he took 3 total? AD wasnt dominant but we arent winning every game.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject:

When he missed 2 FTs, then LBJ missed 2 FTs, that was basically the game.

We win that game if they make their FTs.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject:

Until a few games ago, LeBron was playing somewhat underwhelmingly too. At least for his insanely high standards. He'clearly turned the corner and locked in on the season. Hopefully AD will follow suit.

Otherwise, I feel dumb for reading a post on this s page where someone is calling him a bad signing. I guess emotional control is a lost art sometimes.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:29 am    Post subject:

AD is still the man, and I know when it's actual winning time, he'll be ready.

But post LBJ, it's clear to me, that you will need an alpha dog who will push him on a game to game basis. He's so talented but still prone to mental coasting.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject:

Lakers fan just need to chill. It was a long 2020 season that lead to a championship. I wish we won yesterday, but we need those matchup as measuring stick to see, what we will need to win a chip this year. People ragging on AD is funny, you can see the talent is there, but the motivation to prove to the league on a grinding regular season in not there. We won last season and the league knows we are championship team, we dont need to prove it to the league just like last year.

The team just need to build, slowly if needed until we hit the playoff. I thought with the short break, we will come off slow and be in the middle of the pack. We have one of best record in the league, enjoy the journey as I know adjustment will be made once crunch time in upon us.

Last edited by DLaker on Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject:

These are the same problems that we had with AD last year.

But in the bubble he brought it and we were NBA Champions. There's no doubt AD can play better, but we've known he has a tendency to coast when he shouldn't and at times to a frustrating degree. But it's what you get with him, the good and the bad. Ultimately if the good outweighs the bad, especially if/when he elevates his game during the playoffs/finals that's what you want more than anything else because that's what gets the chip.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1022, 1023, 1024 ... 1431, 1432, 1433  Next
Page 1023 of 1433
Jump to: