Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1424, 1425, 1426 ... 1429, 1430, 1431  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Playoff AD on the way….
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Way to tough it out AD... Showed his alpha tonight.

He deserve a rest tomorrow.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:33 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Way to tough it out AD... Showed his alpha tonight.

He deserve a rest tomorrow.

Yeah he should rest tomorrow. Gutsy as hell performance tonight.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:25 am    Post subject:

AD ON THE WAY
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 am    Post subject:

Side note:
AD switched from Kobes to Lebron xxI this season, seems like he goes to the ground way less. Not sure that’s the exact reason, but lebron shoes are known to be pretty firm and better suited for big guys.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am    Post subject:

Anthony Davis since the ASB:

- 2nd in NBA in rebounds
- 2nd in NBA in blocks
- 2nd in NBA in doubles-doubles
- 1st in NBA loose balls recovered
- 1st in NBA contested 3PT shots
- 4th in NBA in total contested shots
- 14th in NBA in steals

A one man wrecking crew 😤
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Side note:
AD switched from Kobes to Lebron xxI this season, seems like he goes to the ground way less. Not sure that’s the exact reason, but lebron shoes are known to be pretty firm and better suited for big guys.

He said on lakers interview he went to a sports scientist last year when he hurt his foot and they came up with a regimen for him
Daikatana
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Playoff AD on the way….

It better not be like last year where he has a good game on one day and the next day its a terrible one. LOL

Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Daikatana wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
Playoff AD on the way….

It better not be like last year where he has a good game on one day and the next day its a terrible one. LOL

When did that really happen? People say well he scored in the teens, but his game 6 vs Memphis was the most dominating performance any man can have out there the way he owned them and the paint.

He had a bad game 2 versus Golden State but he had a great rest the series. He literally scored 17 but he got 20 Rebs in the close out and when people killed him for game 5 for eating the elbow and concussion protocol, he was killing theme

People say he got killed vs Denver. But he literally gave them 40 and 10 in Denver in game 1 and didn’t touch the damn ball when Bron misses those 3s and they lose. He averaged 28, 14, 2, 2, 1 on 48/85/55 splits versus the nuggets and clearly outplayed the rest his cast.

He had 3 bad games not every other bad game
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:34 am    Post subject:

This guy uses a lot of hyperbole for clicks, but the point he is making is true. Lakers defense would suck so bad without AD. We need to really appreciate him because even when he has an off-night offensively he can still be the best defensive anchor in the league, and we need it.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:18 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Daikatana wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
Playoff AD on the way….

When did that really happen? People say well he scored in the teens, but his game 6 vs Memphis was the most dominating performance any man can have out there the way he owned them and the paint.

He had a bad game 2 versus Golden State but he had a great rest the series. He literally scored 17 but he got 20 Rebs in the close out and when people killed him for game 5 for eating the elbow and concussion protocol, he was killing theme

People say he got killed vs Denver. But he literally gave them 40 and 10 in Denver in game 1 and didn’t touch the damn ball when Bron misses those 3s and they lose. He averaged 28, 14, 2, 2, 1 on 48/85/55 splits versus the nuggets and clearly outplayed the rest his cast.

He had 3 bad games not every other bad game

People take AD for granted and push narratives as opposed to watching games.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:16 am    Post subject:

Interesting video that shows how AD is the entire Lakers defenses

For example look at the beginning how AD plays drop coverage and the player drives the basket where AD helps..this leaves AD man open under the rim..

But AD is able to get his hand on the pass so it can't be made.

I wonder sometimes if the Lakers rely on AD too much and against so really good teams and ball handlers it doesn't work.

mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:06 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

For example look at the beginning how AD plays drop coverage and the player drives the basket where AD helps..this leaves AD man open under the rim..

I wonder sometimes if the Lakers rely on AD too much and against so really good teams and ball handlers it doesn't work.

AD is the Lakers defense period.
without Vando, we have 1 great defender (AD), 1 great defender when he wants to be (LBJ), 1 average defender (rui), and 2 below average defenders.

why Denver and SAC always handle us? it's not because AD can't stop Jokic and Sabonis, it's because AD has to guard them and can't be the help man to take away these layups. once Jokic draws AD out, it is game over. i can't remember how many times Gordon beat our smaller players for offensive rebounds and back door dunks last year (also this year).
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:54 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

without Vando, we have 1 great defender (AD), 1 great defender when he wants to be (LBJ), 1 average defender (rui), and 2 below average defenders.

why Denver and SAC always handle us? it's not because AD can't stop Jokic and Sabonis, it's because AD has to guard them and can't be the help man to take away these layups. once Jokic draws AD out, it is game over. i can't remember how many times Gordon beat our smaller players for offensive rebounds and back door dunks last year (also this year).

Yes that is the problem I see..its almost the Lakers should have a different scheme for these teams like Denver and Sac where he can't or shouldn't help.

But than again the Lakers are so use to this scheme..perhap that isn't realistic? Or maybe or if Vando is back, that can help with the issue?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:12 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

Yes that is the problem I see..its almost the Lakers should have a different scheme for these teams like Denver and Sac where he can't or shouldn't help.

But than again the Lakers are so use to this scheme..perhap that isn't realistic? Or maybe or if Vando is back, that can help with the issue?

then Jokic will guard Vando instead of AD and he gets to stay in the paint. that's how they played vando off the court last year. Ham tried Rui on Jokic last year, and it worked well, but they have figured it out by asking Jokic to attack Rui straight up. at the end of the day, they are the champs for a reason. their big front court of MPJ and AG can switch on a lot of players. we were close becuase we didn't get enough production from DLO on offense, and also LBJ was inefficient on offense (except game 4). if DLO shows up, and LBJ maintains his 3 point shooting % (41%), we will have a chance against anyone. Lakers are bad match for a lot of teams as well
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:09 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

<snip>

Astute observation.
I've tuned out so many other posts pinning the Denver loss on AD and how "Jokic kills him" - utter nonsense, AD holds his own, it's the rest of the team (and the rest of Denver's team) that determined the net outcome.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:21 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

<snip>

Astute observation.
I've tuned out so many other posts pinning the Denver loss on AD and how "Jokic kills him" - utter nonsense, AD holds his own, it's the rest of the team (and the rest of Denver's team) that determined the net outcome.

And guess what: during the 2020 championship run we had guys like KCP, Danny Green and Caruso as our wing defenders. Nuggets had no answer.

Easily the best defensive team I've ever seen as Lakers fan, considering both defensive system and defensive personnel.

We have the (bleep) blueprint. It still makes me mad that we've moved away from it.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:28 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

<snip>

Astute observation.

And guess what: during the 2020 championship run we had guys like KCP, Danny Green and Caruso as our wing defenders. Nuggets had no answer.

Easily the best defensive team I've ever seen as Lakers fan, considering both defensive system and defensive personnel.

We have the (bleep) blueprint. It still makes me mad that we've moved away from it.

For starters, Jokic has evolved his game since 2020, and added passing, shooting, dribbling skills. Also Lebron is not his 2020 self anymore. He averaged 10PPG more against Denver on the same number of FG attempts compare to last year. Not sure the 2020 team with current versions of AD/LBJ has enough scoring /playmaking is enough. Rondo was a big part of that team as well
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:18 am    Post subject:

If A.D. doesn’t win D.P.O.Y. award this year it’s a travesty, injustice & fixed!
Why do they hate him, he shoulda won it a few times over Gobert, Smart, whoever else. Yeah the Lakers would be no where if A.D. the only starter on the team makes or has to make a continuous effort not only covering his guy but others who blow by our horrible guard defense despite Ham head’s horrible coaching.

I saw somewhere he was ranked behind Gobert & Wemby already, how does anyone know this if it wasn’t a political vote. A.D. is CLEARLY the best defensive player in the league & has been since New Orleans. If he doesn’t win it this year I don’t think he ever will, but what’s he got to do average 5 balks a game. His intimidation alone should be a winning factor!

He said he doesn’t care anymore & I actually believe him because they cheated him the last few years!
HC: Riley
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:25 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
If A.D. doesn’t win D.P.O.Y. award this year it’s a travesty, injustice & fixed!
Why do they hate him, he shoulda won it a few times over Gobert, Smart, whoever else. Yeah the Lakers would be no where if A.D. the only starter on the team makes or has to make a continuous effort not only covering his guy but others who blow by our horrible guard defense despite Ham head’s horrible coaching.

I saw somewhere he was ranked behind Gobert & Wemby already, how does anyone know this if it wasn’t a political vote. A.D. is CLEARLY the best defensive player in the league & has been since New Orleans. If he doesn’t win it this year I don’t think he ever will, but what’s he got to do average 5 balks a game. His intimidation alone should be a winning factor!

He said he doesn’t care anymore & I actually believe him because they cheated him the last few years!

Regardless of team success, Players can win the counting stat titles, (scoring, assists, rebounds, steals, blocks), but the subjective titles like MVP/DPOY usually are loosely related to team success. If AD doesn’t win DPOY it will likely be because the Lakers have been a play-in team for most of the season and/or Wemby has a generationally impressive stat with >3 bpg. Had Ham started Rui from day 1 the Lakers would likely imo be a top 4 team in West and AD wins DPOY. Since Ham didn’t, AD won’t imo.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:05 am    Post subject:

I don't think AD deserves DPOY but he's the best defender in the league.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:19 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
I don't think AD deserves DPOY but he's the best defender in the league.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:17 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

<snip>

Astute observation.

Would that 2020 team still beat Denver today?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:20 pm    Post subject:

I’m gonna be pissed if AD isn’t wearing eye protection the rest of the way. How many times are you gonna just get hit before you become proactive about your health?

If he isn’t wearing goggles on Tuesday he should just sit out cuz Draymond will surely do some damage
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Please be ready to go Tuesday, AD.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1424, 1425, 1426 ... 1429, 1430, 1431  Next
Page 1425 of 1431
Jump to: