Do you want to see D'Angelo Russell come back to the Lakers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want to see D'Angelo Russell come back to the Lakers?
Hell YES
53%
 53%  [ 99 ]
NO
28%
 28%  [ 53 ]
Undecided
17%
 17%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 184

saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
akk7 wrote:
YSong wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
I am not an insider and don’t claim to be one. I do know someone that was close to the DLO situation when he was here though. I’m not going to dig through my old posts, but I did mention back in the day that one of DLOs problems with our FO was his partying (Marjuana, Alchohol...etc.).

Here is what I’ve been told by this person who is in the know

- DLO was extremely unpopular amongst the Lakers staff. They felt he was arrogant and moped around a lot when his shortcomings were pointed out.

- He, Clarkson and Swaggy liked to party...like too much. Late nights at clubs, lots of women, lots of substances. It really rubbed a lot of people internally the wrong way as they felt he didn’t put enough work in and wasn’t serious enough about winning.

- especially after the awaggy incident, our FO strongly believed that we would have zero chance of acquiring any decent FAs as long as DLO was here.

Now he very well may have matured and he had a good season last year. Anyone giving him the max is taking a huge gamble on a non athletic guy who is a league average shooter who plays poor defense and may still have maturity issues. For the Lakers, I think we should pass....a team with little talent that is desperate and not a FA destination, maybe...but he is very very unlikely to outplay a max contract. I voted no, but I do hope he succeeds...either here for somewhere else.

You are correct

Your sources told you the same YSong?

Is it a coincidence him Clarkson and Swaggy gone?

Everyone except Kuz is gone anyways. Even poor Zu got traded for Muscala.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Hell yes!

kobe8One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

1. Dlo voted GQ NBA best dressed.
2. He played 1 year with Kobe. If he is the real deal, Rob will get him back.
3. Our window is next year, can't wait for him to mature.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject:

If Kyrie goes to Brooklyn and we can't get Leonard (I don't see him coming to us but gotta do the due diligence), I think Russell is the perfect fit for this team in the short and long-term. All of his detractors on this board are sleeping on the fact that he's one of the best playmakers in this league at age 23. And that's on top of the fact that he's a bucket getter.

I'll listen to these guys over most of the people offering 2015-2016 narratives.

quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject:

There should be an option for "HELL NO."

I would vote for that one.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Depends on the price.

If you skimp on the price and don't get him (or any other all-star in free agency then) and Davis leaves in free agency cause of the lack of talent outside of LBJ. Who's left with LeBron to keep this team off the retirement tour?

KBH wrote:
If Kyrie goes to Brooklyn and we can't get Leonard (I don't see him coming to us but gotta do the due diligence), I think Russell is the perfect fit for this team in the short and long-term. All of his detractors on this board are sleeping on the fact that he's one of the best playmakers in this league at age 23. And that's on top of the fact that he's a bucket getter.

I'll listen to these guys over most of the people offering 2015-2016 narratives.

Yep... it's kind of funny people want Kyrie but bring up Russell and in the same breath they go "He's only good with the ball in his hands.".
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject:

For 4/80 or less, sure! If he’s looking for max or near max, then no.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject:

No and some more dlo threads would be nice
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject:

I think someone's going to pay him max money. Too many teams with max cap space right now. Maybe even the clippers might take a shot.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
I am not an insider and don’t claim to be one. I do know someone that was close to the DLO situation when he was here though. I’m not going to dig through my old posts, but I did mention back in the day that one of DLOs problems with our FO was his partying (Marjuana, Alchohol...etc.).

- DLO was extremely unpopular amongst the Lakers staff. They felt he was arrogant and moped around a lot when his shortcomings were pointed out.

- He, Clarkson and Swaggy liked to party...like too much. Late nights at clubs, lots of women, lots of substances. It really rubbed a lot of people internally the wrong way as they felt he didn’t put enough work in and wasn’t serious enough about winning.

- especially after the awaggy incident, our FO strongly believed that we would have zero chance of acquiring any decent FAs as long as DLO was here.

Now he very well may have matured and he had a good season last year. Anyone giving him the max is taking a huge gamble on a non athletic guy who is a league average shooter who plays poor defense and may still have maturity issues. For the Lakers, I think we should pass....a team with little talent that is desperate and not a FA destination, maybe...but he is very very unlikely to outplay a max contract. I voted no, but I do hope he succeeds...either here for somewhere else.

If true, this confirms my theory that he's only interested in returning for the nightlife and IG models. Him clowning around in practice will drive Lebron and AD up the wall. He might mature but we don't have time to wait for him. It's Kawhi, Kyrie, Butler or split the cap among 2 of Beverley/Bojan/Green/Lopez. Sorry I've just never been a DLo fan.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Hell yes. After a few big time options like Kawhi, I would prefer DLO to Kemba and similar tier talent who are probably better than him but DLO still has room to improve.

Getting back a solid young talent like him takes away the sting of trading away so many young players & picks. Strikes the perfect balance to win now and continue developing young talent.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Depends on the price.

If you skimp on the price and don't get him (or any other all-star in free agency then) and Davis leaves in free agency cause of the lack of talent outside of LBJ. Who's left with LeBron to keep this team off the retirement tour?

KBH wrote:

Yep... it's kind of funny people want Kyrie but bring up Russell and in the same breath they go "He's only good with the ball in his hands.".

D'Lo at 23 has already done something Kyrie didn't at the same age: lead a perennial lottery team to the playoffs. And he did it on the strength of his own playmaking, shot making AND leadership. Which makes it funny to see peoplel talking about his leadership,maturity and off court habits. I'm convinced none of them watched the Nets with D'Lo on the team or Kyrie outside of the Finals.

Last edited by KBH on Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Surprised to see so many HELL YES on here
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
MJST wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Depends on the price.

KBH wrote:

D'Lo at 23 has already done something Kyrie didn't at the same age: lead a perennial lottery team to the playoffs. And he did it on the strength of his own playmaking, shot making AND leadership. Which makes it funny to see peoplel talking about his leadership,maturity and off court habits. I'm convinced none of them watched the Nets with D'Lo on the team or Kyrie outside of the Finals.

Yep. People forget that Kyrie never lead his team to the playoffs before this season and even then he couldn't lead them further than they went without him.

DLo however lead his team last year. I was more impressed with what DLo did with less help than what Kyrie did with more.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Net's have 4 free agents I'd be very interested in: D'lo, Ed Davis, Jared Dudley, and RHJ
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

If true, this confirms my theory that he's only interested in returning for the nightlife and IG models. Him clowning around in practice will drive Lebron and AD up the wall. He might mature but we don't have time to wait for him. It's Kawhi, Kyrie, Butler or split the cap among 2 of Beverley/Bojan/Green/Lopez. Sorry I've just never been a DLo fan.

New York has plenty of that and he led his team to the playoffs for the first time in years and Nets won 14 more games than the previous season despite LeVert missing a huge chunk. Given his average athleticism, you don't reach his current level without the hardwork. And this was only his 4th year.

Last edited by saetarubia on Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
With Russell on the floor, the Nets’ defensive rating is 107.5, which would be a top-10 mark in the league (overall the Nets’ defense ranks 21st).

https://hoopshabit.com/2019/01/21/brooklyn-nets-dangelo-russell-finally-making-leap/
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:

The poll should have been Yes unconditionally, Yes if the top 5 elite agents don't want to come, Meh, No, Undecided.

People who want him if the top 5 agents don't want to come had no other choice but to pick HELL Yes
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject:

kobe8One wrote:
1. Dlo voted GQ NBA best dressed.
2. He played 1 year with Kobe. If he is the real deal, Rob will get him back.
3. Our window is next year, can't wait for him to mature.

GQ? Who cares?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Can't imagine he'd be interested in returning.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
YSong wrote:
akk7 wrote:
YSong wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

You are correct

Our Front office is a laughingstock though of the NBA......
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
YSong wrote:
akk7 wrote:
YSong wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

You are correct

That front office that just managed to keep Kuzma while adding Anthony Davis to Lebron James? Let them laugh. We shall laugh our way to the finals.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject:

I never was that down on DLO but he isn't a max guy in my opinion. 20M would be reasonable (if a bit high) so yes with the right deal.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
YSong wrote:
akk7 wrote:
YSong wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

You are correct

That front office that just managed to keep Kuzma while adding Anthony Davis to Lebron James? Let them laugh. We shall laugh our way to the finals.

The front office had nothing to do with that. That was all Lebron James and Klutch.

But yes, a combo of AD and Lebron is a contender for sure.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:

Well, if each of the 5 DLO fans vote from their burner accounts, that's like 250 votes right there.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: