Quasi-Official BOOGIE COUSINS Thread (Charges Dropped)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

Honestly not sure why he hasn't already been released. To my understanding he will not be able to play this season. So open up the roster spot if at all possible. He can rehab at the facility, he can visit with the guys but if they can get another possible player in they should try to do it.

As for the recording. If it is confirmed to be Cousins, he should be released and suspended by the League. Not sure what the legal ramifications are but enforce them.

Divorces can get vicious and petty. But to be stupid enough to threaten to kill your ex (or anyone) in that manner is beyond acceptable. Not sure if a fine or jail time is appropriate but I'm guessing he just screwed up any visitation and custody rights he may have been seeking at the very least.

Thanks, I honestly didn't have a clue what the right approach would be but this sounds fair and just. Hope it all works out for all parties involved, but yeah, my Lakerism leans toward that extra spot, recognizing how trivial that means in relation to the legal situation.
2022 - New Orleans
2023 - Own or New Orleans' Pick
2024 - Own (Likely)
2025 - New Orleans
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Demarcus got #metoo’ed by a thot. This social media justice generation is the worst.

So it’s okay to threaten to shoot someone in the head?

It’s okay to sell the video for $50,000 to TMZ instead of taking it to the police?

She filed a police report. That's in the TMZ story. Maybe TMZ got it as part of the public record of the police report. Or maybe somebody in the police department sold it to TMZ. But, even if you think she did sell it to TMZ, how in the heck does that compare to threatening TO PUT A BULLET IN SOMEONE'S HEAD?!
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Showty wrote:
If a woman is brave enough to tell her side of the story, we demand proof, if they bring proof we complain on how they got it.

Shame on you, DC, there are lines you should never cross, no matter the circumstances.

Stop this Holier than thou act. The man is dealing with some frustrating injuries and this chick being petty.

Not condoning, but he wanted his little guy to be with him on the happiest day of his life. I know if I ever split up, my boys are #1 in the world to me, and if someone kept them away from me out of spite, I would be LIVID and say things i'd never think of doing if I had a level head.

Again, not saying I condone or sympathize, but what's that Chris Rock saying? "I'd never do it, but I understand"... anyway. Messy personal matter, the true test is what the Lakers do about it.

I will again preface this by basing my opinion on the voice on the recording is truly Cousins. We all have to keep that in mind until verified.

If he wanted his little guy to be with him why didn’t he handle it like an adult and plan ahead and negotiate through his lawyer? Apparently the call is from the day before the wedding and from another state.

The custody issues and plans should have been settled well before the wedding. That last call never should have been made or gone so horribly wrong. Maybe calling to confirm time of drop off or flight time at the worst.

Even if the ex is as much a “spiteful snake” as some of you are stating why play into her game and lose the rights to even visit his little guy without being monitored.

Short term versus long term thinking.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Showty wrote:
If a woman is brave enough to tell her side of the story, we demand proof, if they bring proof we complain on how they got it.

Shame on you, DC, there are lines you should never cross, no matter the circumstances.

Stop this Holier than thou act. The man is dealing with some frustrating injuries and this chick being petty.

Not condoning, but he wanted his little guy to be with him on the happiest day of his life. I know if I ever split up, my boys are #1 in the world to me, and if someone kept them away from me out of spite, I would be LIVID and say things i'd never think of doing if I had a level head.

Again, not saying I condone or sympathize, but what's that Chris Rock saying? "I'd never do it, but I understand"... anyway. Messy personal matter, the true test is what the Lakers do about it.

How do you know that she was keeping her son away out of spite? Maybe they have a custody agreement that he has repeatedly broken? Or maybe he has no custody rights but he has taken advantage of previous opportunities? Or maybe he has proven to be an abusive person who can't be trusted? There are all sorts of reasons to think that a woman would have good reason to be cautious about handing her son over to someone who is capable of threatening people with murder.

Cousins is wealthy and can afford good lawyers. If he really wanted his son at his wedding, he could have attempted to plan that far in advance through an attorney. To call and threaten his ex days before the event? Not the way to go about it.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
cyborgspider wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Showty wrote:

How do you know that she was keeping her son away out of spite? Maybe they have a custody agreement that he has repeatedly broken? Or maybe he has no custody rights but he has taken advantage of previous opportunities? Or maybe he has proven to be an abusive person who can't be trusted? There are all sorts of reasons to think that a woman would have good reason to be cautious about handing her son over to someone who is capable of threatening people with murder.

Cousins is wealthy and can afford good lawyers. If he really wanted his son at his wedding, he could have attempted to plan that far in advance through an attorney. To call and threaten his ex days before the event? Not the way to go about it.

Threatening to shoot someone is never a good thing to say ever. Regardless of the circumstances. My god, what a total and complete idiot. I can never imagine telling my wife that regardless of how mad I got.
Horrible....
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Showty wrote:

Uhh, yeah. When someone accuses son of a crime proof is pretty important
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

The sad thing is Cousins could have still had an emotional outburst or threatened her in other ways like through his lawyers without drawing the same scrutiny. In fact he might have gained more support given what the baby momma was trying to accomplish.

Instead he crossed the line and threatened to put a bullet in her head, encapsulating the immaturity he's been criticized his whole career.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
This will be the ultimate acid test is determining how terrified they are of Davis bolting. In a rational business environment this guy would be toast, but they've placed themselves squarely behind the eightball in trading basically their future for a one year recruitment effort on an indifferent star. It will make the Herschel Walker trade defensible if he packs up.

Do whatever to keep AD... it's sad but this isn't just a minor franchise issue should he bolt the way it was when Dwight originally left. This, as you mentioned, will be a franchise crippling move that takes 5-10 years to correct.

If that means keeping Boogie on payroll and forcing him to anger management help, just do that. Maybe I'm just Laker love and loyalty over morals but so be it. At least I'm wary that that's what I'm doing. On a moral level, I don't put too much stock into words.. even threats.. but today's climate is different and it'll be very interesting to see how Jeanie handles this.

Last edited by 2019 on Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject:

I hate it when parents use children as a weapon. Not sticking up for DC (he obviously has a track record), but this girl is pure evil.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Citizen Arcane wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
https://www.complex.com/sports/2019/08/demarcus-cousins-reportedly-threatened-to-kill-his-baby-mama

It's a wrap if true.

The woman was filming him in advance knowing in advance she telling him that she wasn't allowing their kid to go to his wedding.

It's wrong for DMC to say that but she knew exactly what she was doing.

The words he used were ill advised and criminal... but I bet a lot of people would be saying things they would be ashamed of faced with a similar situation.

Yeah- this feels 100% like a setup. Big mistake on Boogie’s part to use those words, but I’m not going to judge someone based on a situation that smells this fishy.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
Citizen Arcane wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
https://www.complex.com/sports/2019/08/demarcus-cousins-reportedly-threatened-to-kill-his-baby-mama

It's a wrap if true.

The woman was filming him in advance knowing in advance she telling him that she wasn't allowing their kid to go to his wedding.

The words he used were ill advised and criminal... but I bet a lot of people would be saying things they would be ashamed of faced with a similar situation.

Yeah- this feels 100% like a setup. Big mistake on Boogie’s part to use those words, but I’m not going to judge someone based on a situation that smells this fishy.

Not understanding this "setup" logic.

Why would she expect him to say anything so incriminating?

Unless he has done it before? Or his comments have become increasingly antagonistic. Does she record all her calls with him to hand over to her lawyer? I have seen that strategy suggested by a divorce attorney before.

If I call you and know how to push your buttons to get you angry, would you threaten to shoot me in the head?

Seems like extreme behavior to somehow "setup" out of a normal but heated conversation. Unless you are suggesting it is not Cousins?

If Cousins, I have no sympathy for him handling it in such a dumbass way.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject:

The way she kept condescendingly telling him to “go shoot the ball” kind of reminds me of Laura Ingraham telling Lebron to “Shut up and dribble.”
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
There's no need for posters to show their asses over never-Laker Boogie Cousins. Save it for when you really need it like back in 2003.

Seriously. What did this guy ever do for you to earn an ounce of the typical irrational leeway reserved your favorites?

babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
Citizen Arcane wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

It's a wrap if true.

Not understanding this "setup" logic.

Why would she expect him to say anything so incriminating?

Unless he has done it before? Or his comments have become increasingly antagonistic. Does she record all her calls with him to hand over to her lawyer? I have seen that strategy suggested by a divorce attorney before.

If I call you and know how to push your buttons to get you angry, would you threaten to shoot me in the head?

Seems like extreme behavior to somehow "setup" out of a normal but heated conversation. Unless you are suggesting it is not Cousins?

If Cousins, I have no sympathy for him handling it in such a dumbass way.

She films him knowing she’s going to tell him she’s keeping his kid from going to his wedding. That feels like a setup to me.

She didn’t have anything to lose and had a lot to gain by filming it. She was probably hoping he’d say something stupid that she could use as leverage against him in what is clearly an acrimonious custody situation. He played right into her hands.

I’m not condoning his response, but she doesn’t come off looking like some innocent victim to me. It seems like she wanted to provoke a response and get it on tape. Mission accomplished.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
Obviously not the best choice of words, but the baby mama is a SNAKE for using the kid and basically setting Cousins up with the recording.
agreed. She sounds like a terrible mother and person.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
cyborgspider wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Showty wrote:

It’s really obvious she was keeping the son away out of spite. How can the son not even be allowed to be with his own father during his wedding? That is so horrifyingly out of line on her part and it’s no wonder why he was so angry.

And it was really stupid for him to say what he said. There are plenty of ways for him to get nasty without taking it that far.

She didn’t even sound upset after he made that threat.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
markjay wrote:
cyborgspider wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Showty wrote:

It’s really obvious she was keeping the son away out of spite. How can the son not even be allowed to be with his own father during his wedding? That is so horrifyingly out of line on her part and it’s no wonder why he was so angry.

And it was really stupid for him to say what he said. There are plenty of ways for him to get nasty without taking it that far.

She didn’t even sound upset after he made that threat.

Frankly, I don't think he sounded upset either.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Imagine if he never had that knee injury and this still happened. I wonder how AD would react if the team cut him and picked up Howard. I think cutting him is much easier in the current situation.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Ohm reporting that the TMZ thing might have screwed up Cousins future with the Lakers, and now are contemplating on waiving his roster spot to bring in Mo Speights.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

Is this serious? He obviously sounded very upset. I didn’t hear any profanity or threats from her.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Is this serious? He obviously sounded very upset. I didn’t hear any profanity or threats from her.

His voice was just as calm as hers if you want to play that game that she "didn't sound upset".

Last edited by greenfrog on Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ohm reporting that the TMZ thing might have screwed up Cousins future with the Lakers, and now are contemplating on waiving his roster spot to bring in Mo Speights.

Fine with me.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject:

So Howard and Speights competing for the same minutes?
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

His voice was just as calm as hers if you want to play that game that she "didn't sound upset".

We must be listening to different tapes. I thought he sounded desperate and angry.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject:

It also is inconsistent to say “OMG he is nuts and making threats” and also say “He sounded calm.”
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 55 of 69
Jump to: