THANK YOU Dwight Howard (DH Signs with Philadelphia)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 135, 136, 137  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Citizen Arcane
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject:

I don't get why so many of you are rooting against Dwight.

I agree he could cause problems but at least there's some hope that he might become an influential force inside... this team is not winning a title without a good backup center. JaVale was helpless against big men last season... at least Dwight might be able slow them down.

They signed Boogie and he got hurt... it would have been sheer stubbornness not to at least try Dwight. I agree the roster construction is poor, but that doesn't mean the team doesn't need another center. If Noah was more healthy then I could see signing him instead but he's also a risk.

If somehow he pans out you could possibly field a front line with AD/Dwight/Boogie in the playoffs during certain scenarios if Boogie could heal by then.
Obviously two of them aren't what they used to be but they could still dominate the paint and I don't know how anyone could guard three of them at once.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Day wrote:
Crazy how it's always the same people btching and complaining around here.

A lot of them some of the better basketball minds we have here

And some not so much....the ones that think logically, believe in redemption when there’s a lot to lose, and consider how talented Dwight is with a great supporting cast, will gladly accept Dwight but with caution. Cracks me up when people judge so harshly like they haven’t made any mistakes.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject:

Anyone know rather there gonna do a press-conference for Howard?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

just for the comedy value from other arenas makes signing him worth it
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Dwight Howard reuniting with the Lakers, you say? Gee whiz!

Oh Boy!! Golly.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject:

He wasn’t my choice for a replacement for Boogie, but I’ll reserve judgement until he has played awhile. He took a buyout, I’m sure he is not getting paid much by us. The Lakers can cut him or ship him out by December 15 if they don’t like him. The Lakers told him the score, and Lebron, Rondo, Dudley are not wallflowers. He left here once, I can see many reasons why he wouldn’t want to come here. His willingness to take our offer means he must want another chance at a chip, and is willing to accept whatever role they give him.

Besides, if he had signed with the Clippers, many of the same posters would be wailing about the new super team...

Let’s all just take a breath, season will start soon.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Day wrote:

And some not so much....the ones that think logically, believe in redemption when there’s a lot to lose, and consider how talented Dwight is with a great supporting cast, will gladly accept Dwight but with caution. Cracks me up when people judge so harshly like they haven’t made any mistakes.

I wonder how invested you'd be in his redemption if you didn't think you could benefit from it.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Day wrote:

Logical thinking would be looking at things like howard's game/injuries in addition to his history and conclude it's not worth the risk given his role on the team.

Believing in stuff like redemption when there's a paper trail long enough to say otherwise is how you get hoodwinked into thinking Magic was a capable FO executive.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
King Randle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Day wrote:

I wonder how invested you'd be in his redemption if you didn't think you could benefit from it.

That’s the point 8....they could benefit a lot if this works out.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Day wrote:

Lol. You should follow your own advice mah friend.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Day wrote:

Logical thinking would be looking at things like howard's game/injuries in addition to his history and conclude it's not worth the risk given his role on the team.

Believing in stuff like redemption when there's a paper trail long enough to say otherwise is how you get hoodwinked into thinking Magic was a capable FO executive.

Haha...this is rock bottom. Bro he spoke to AD, Bron and others as well as the staff. This is it for him. Doesn’t work...drop him pick up Noah or someone else. I think this will work....It s not like Melo who still thinks he’s a star and needs to get his points.
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

DOA12 cause he's dead weight.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
ocho wrote:
King Randle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Day wrote:

That’s the point 8....they could benefit a lot if this works out.

Maybe so, but let's not pretend our interest has anything to do with giving him a 47th chance because it's the right thing to do and we care about his soul. For all the talk of how great he still is on the court it certainly begs the question why so many teams keep dumping him.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Seriously?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Day wrote:

Haha...this is rock bottom. Bro he spoke to AD, Bron and others as well as the staff. This is it for him. Doesn’t work...drop him pick up Noah or someone else. I think this will work....It s not like Melo who still thinks he’s a star and needs to get his points.

Melo is literally saying all the same stuff Dwight is saying. At least his teammates like Melo.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
King Randle wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Day wrote:

Melo is literally saying all the same stuff Dwight is saying. At least his teammates like Melo.

Let’s see what happens. But the way some of you are against this..:I wonder if this works out and he has a productive year and the team wins the title...it feels like some of you wouldn’t even give him credit. Preferring to see Dwight and the team fail to prove a point.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Details from Dwight Howard’s ‘emotional’ meeting with Lakers officials and players.

Written by: @rongutterman24.
lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-…

Nice read. Rock bottom
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
ocho wrote:
King Randle wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Day wrote:

Let’s see what happens. But the way some of you are against this..:I wonder if this works out and he has a productive year and the team wins the title...it feels like some of you wouldn’t even give him credit. Preferring to see Dwight and the team fail to prove a point.

If he plays well I'm happy to admit it but I am still wondering whether or not I wish to root for a team with him on it. He's the only player I'd say that about.
clockwork247
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

I for one liked this deal, Dwight is still good talent, he had issues but this is a non guaranteed deal. The guy can play, melo on the other hand is not able to keep up with the nba speed anymore...
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
ocho wrote:
King Randle wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Day wrote:

Historically the lakers have faired terribly when it comes to these high risky individuals.

From Dennis Rodman/Isaiah Rider to Kwame Brown then Nick Young and even Michael Beasley last season, the Lakers just flat out suck at turning these moves into positives that don't involve kicking/trading them off the team.

If they win the title, credit will be given but until then it's hard to have benefit of the doubt when taking history into account.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Seriously?

Lol @ vet min getting their own presser
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

The good thing is Howard is on a short leash.

It would be better to start McGee and he won't crowd the lane like Howard.
But he just might be a great fit with Rondo. Rondo is a great playmaker
and Howard could be at the end of his assists.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
ocho wrote:
King Randle wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Day wrote:

Historically the lakers have faired terribly when it comes to these high risky individuals.

From Dennis Rodman/Isaiah Rider to Kwame Brown then Nick Young and even Michael Beasley last season, the Lakers just flat out suck at turning these moves into positives that don't involve kicking/trading them off the team.

If they win the title, credit will be given but until then it's hard to have benefit of the doubt when taking history into account.

Fair enough...although Artest worked out pretty well.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
King Randle wrote:
ocho wrote:
King Randle wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Day wrote:

If he plays well I'm happy to admit it but I am still wondering whether or not I wish to root for a team with him on it. He's the only player I'd say that about.

see u next august then, bye
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Winning fixes a lot of things

We have two of the top 5 players in the league

A strong supporting cast of veterans

If this was last year's team where we had a lot of young bucks I would feel a lot different about taking a chance on a Dwight Howard type player

A merc to play some backup center minutes. I dont expect him to start....he brings the element of being able to defend legit bigs.....we need this

Not a problem until it becomes one.....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Page 19 of 137
Jump to: