🏈OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL LIV THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject:

So the Patriots and 49ers right now are the only undefeated teams left in the NFL. I wouldn't be surprised if the 49ers made a splash in the playoffs this year.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
So the Patriots and 49ers right now are the only undefeated teams left in the NFL. I wouldn't be surprised if the 49ers made a splash in the playoffs this year.

New England's "wolf pack" (2016 QBs) are now 13-2 this season.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

And Jimmy G hasn't had to do anything more than game manage. It will be interesting to see what happens when he has to actually make plays and put points on the board when they can't just hand the ball off and run all over everybody. That said, it looks like the 49ers might have a team where they can win 10+ games if all he does is to be a caretaker.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject:

Richard Sherman and his fake drama.

Quote:
“What’s amazing, and annoying, was him not shaking hands at the beginning,” Sherman told Mike Silver of NFL.com. “That’s some college s—. It’s ridiculous. We’re all trying to get psyched up, but shaking hands with your opponent — that’s NFL etiquette. And when you pull bush league stuff, that’s disrespectful to the game. And believe me, that’s gonna get us fired up.”

Video clearly shows him shaking Baker's hand before the kickoff.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1181617718753026048
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

And Jimmy G hasn't had to do anything more than game manage. It will be interesting to see what happens when he has to actually make plays and put points on the board when they can't just hand the ball off and run all over everybody. That said, it looks like the 49ers might have a team where they can win 10+ games if all he does is to be a caretaker.

They built a pretty nice team around there. Jimmy G just doesn't have to screw up on offensive plays and they could go pretty far this season.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Rob Gronkowski joining FOX Sports

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/08/rob-gronkowski-joining-fox-sports/

Quote:
Rob Gronkowski joining FOX Sports

Rob Gronkowski is going to be back on television during NFL games, but it’s not because he’s making a comeback as an active player.

FOX Sports announced on Tuesday that they have struck a deal with the former Patriots tight end to serve as an analyst across its NFL programming. His first appearance is set for Thursday night’s pregame show when Gronkowski will presumably share some thoughts about his former team ahead of their matchup with the Giants.

“I’m extremely excited to be joining FOX Sports,” Gronkowski said in a statement. “For the past 25 years, they’ve offered viewers top-notch NFL programming from the field to the booth to the studio. Their deep talent roster is unmatched, which was important for me as I embark on this new chapter in my life because I’ll be able to learn from the best in the business.”

It’s not clear what Gronkowski’s overall role will be with FOX, but it likely won’t preclude him from returning to the field should he change his mind about playing again. Jay Cutler was set to call games for FOX a couple of years ago before joining the Dolphins in the wake of an injury to Ryan Tannehill.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Any one here a weekly gambler on the NFL? Would love opinions and picks etc.

Been on a good run the past 2 weeks (7-2 total). I avoid the first few weeks of the season to see how teams play.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:41 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Richard Sherman and his fake drama.

Quote:
“What’s amazing, and annoying, was him not shaking hands at the beginning,” Sherman told Mike Silver of NFL.com. “That’s some college s—. It’s ridiculous. We’re all trying to get psyched up, but shaking hands with your opponent — that’s NFL etiquette. And when you pull bush league stuff, that’s disrespectful to the game. And believe me, that’s gonna get us fired up.”

Video clearly shows him shaking Baker's hand before the kickoff.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1181617718753026048

yeah, and he made it worst by trying to play it off as he was screwing around with the media.....had more respect for him if he had just owned it
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Andy Slater of Fox Sports 640 passed along ticket prices for various entertainment options available to sports and non-sports fans in the Miami area, and a trip to Zoo Miami will set someone back $23.

That is $7 more than it costs to get into Hard Rock Stadium to see the winless Miami Dolphins take on winless Washington.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Burfict's year-long suspension upheld. I say, good!
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

Just watched a compilation of his fines and suspensions. That dude better hope they can cure CTE by the time he retires.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Just watched a compilation of his fines and suspensions. That dude better hope they can cure CTE by the time he retires.

just the wrong era....I can name numerous HOF's that more blatantly head hunted than Burfict.....he is labeled a low character guy while they are iconic heroes. Watch film on Butkis, Ronnie Lott, Steve Atwater, Night Train Lane, Kevin Greene, Bill Romanowski, Lack Lambert, John Lynch, Ray Lewis, Junior Seau, Mike Singletary, Joey Porter, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp, Jevon Kearse...and dozens more who literally made a career out of going helmet to helmet hoping to create fictional stars in the offensives players eyes.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Giants punt with 7 minutes left, down 14, on 4th and 2 LOL.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject:

This was a terrible matchup on paper, turned out to be a decent game until now.
ssiknick833
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Giants punt with 7 minutes left, down 14, on 4th and 2 LOL.

Must be tanking lol
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Any one here a weekly gambler on the NFL? Would love opinions and picks etc.

Been on a good run the past 2 weeks (7-2 total). I avoid the first few weeks of the season to see how teams play.

I actually wager quite substantially on the NFL, it is far and away my favorite sport to bet on.

I think you are smart to avoid the first few weeks of the season. I have a joint account with a friend just to see how we do and we both agree we are awful early in the season based on inherent biases from previous seasons.

The NFL is great for gambling as it is so unpredictable. It leads to opportunity for those that think they are savvy, lol....
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/11/nfl-moves-raiders-texans-to-late-afternoon-in-week-eight/

Quote:
NFL moves Raiders-Texans to late afternoon in Week Eight

The NFL announced a couple of changes to the schedule for Week Eight on Friday.

The Raiders and Texans were scheduled to kick off at 1 p.m. ET on the original schedule, but the game will now get underway at 4:25 p.m. ET.

Oakland and Houston will take the place of a matchup between the Broncos and Colts. The were set to play in that late afternoon slot, but will now get underway at 1 p.m. ET.

Both games are set to air on CBS, which has the doubleheader that week and will also be carrying the Browns’ visit to the Patriots in the 4:25 p.m. window in Week Eight. The Cleveland-New England game is set to be the lead national game.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colts-nearly-drafted-cb-champ-bailey-in-1999/ar-AAIGsiT

Quote:
Colts nearly drafted CB Champ Bailey in 1999

Leading up to the draft, current Broncos head coach Vic Fangio served as the Colts defensive coordinator from 1999-2001. He was pounding the table for the Colts to draft Bailey, and it nearly happened.

"He almost was an Indianapolis Colt back in 1999," Fangio said of Bailey to Denver media on Friday. "I was with the Colts then, I had just gotten there. They had been very bad on defense the prior two years, I think finishing last or second-to-last each year. So part of the negotiation to go there - they promised me everything would be for the defense in the offseason."

However, the Colts wound up making the trade of Marshall Faulk to the Rams, setting the table for Indy to take Peyton Manning's longtime running mate in Edgerrin James.

"So after going through the draft prospects - I think we had the fourth pick - it was Champ who I wanted and we were going to get. You know, it was pretty set in stone who one, two and three were going to be," Fangio said. "And then a day before the draft, they came in and tell me they just traded Marshall Faulk to the Rams - which, you know how big he was with the Rams in their run there - and now we need a running back, so we weren't going to draft Champ."

Bailey went on to be a Hall of Fame cornerback. He earned 12 Pro Bowl selections throughout his career and would have been a stellar piece to add to the defense following a 3-13 season.

James was a strong selection as well. He went on to be the Offensive Rookie of the Year en route to four Pro Bowl selections. He's one of the greatest statistical running backs of all-time.

It's an interesting story and if Fangio had his way with the pick in 1999, Bailey would have been a Colt.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers tipped off @ 7:30 AM ET this morning....and my Bucs kickoff @ 9:30 AM ET tomorrow morning.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Are the Bucs in London? Hopefully they get a shutout.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:41 am    Post subject:

LOL....right before the Bucs took the field I said if I was Carolina, I would jump the short hook route by Mike Evans. All week we have heard Winston talk about getting the ball to Evans more. The first play Carolina set on the Evans route and intercepted a telegraphed pass by Winston.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject:

So Carolina is 4-9 over their last 13 games.....which includes 0-9 with Cam starting and 4-0 with Allen starting.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject:

a free kick? I played football from the age of 5 until I was 23 years old. I have been a fan/spectator of the sport for I guess a little less than 4 decades. I have never seen a free kick (I guess that is what they are calling it) until this morning when the Panthers attempted one going into halftime against the Bucs.

I guess it is called a "Fair Catch Kick".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_catch_kick
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

Winston's playing as I thought he would. His O line is sorry. 34-18 Panthers as I ink this.

Kyle Allen is making it hard not to keep him as starter when Cam gets healthy.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Winston's playing as I thought he would. His O line is sorry.

He has killed Tampa today, but he has not played poorly since Week 1. I have accepted the next contending Tampa Bay team will likely not have Winston @ QB.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 18 of 76
Jump to: