🏈OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL LIV THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject:

I hope the team gives it to Rivers on that missed block.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject:

To anyone who thinks the waiver the NFL asked Kaep to sign was standard procedure...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/18/standard-tryout-waiver-is-much-more-narrow-than-the-waiver-the-nfl-sent-to-colin-kaepernick/
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
To anyone who thinks the waiver the NFL asked Kaep to sign was standard procedure...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/18/standard-tryout-waiver-is-much-more-narrow-than-the-waiver-the-nfl-sent-to-colin-kaepernick/

Doesn't mean anything. Don't forget the NFL was engaged in legal action with Kaep so I'm not surprised if lawyers crafted new terms in the waiver.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Doesn't mean anything. Don't forget the NFL was engaged in legal action with Kaep so I'm not surprised if lawyers crafted new terms in the waiver.

heard a guy on the radio complaining about some of the media bending themselves into pretzels to defend Kaepernick's antics this weekend. He pointed out that it is Kaepernick who was seeking employment. It would be like having a lunch interview as a Business Consultant set up with McKinsey @ Morton's with some Partners....then texting them 30 minutes before the interview and changing the location to Del Frisco's. That would be considered crazy and unprofessional....and nobody would expect the McKinsey partners to meet you at Del Frisco's, much less make an offer.....but somehow certain media outlets have applauded Kaepernick.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Oh well, at the Chargers made it exciting.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject:

4 ints for Rivers....
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

And that’s why LA doesn’t want the Chargers.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

heard a guy on the radio complaining about some of the media bending themselves into pretzels to defend Kaepernick's antics this weekend. He pointed out that it is Kaepernick who was seeking employment. It would be like having a lunch interview as a Business Consultant set up with McKinsey @ Morton's with some Partners....then texting them 30 minutes before the interview and changing the location to Del Frisco's. That would be considered crazy and unprofessional....and nobody would expect the McKinsey partners to meet you at Del Frisco's, much less make an offer.....but somehow certain media outlets have applauded Kaepernick.

At this point, I think we can safely conclude Kaep will not play again in the NFL. And yes, Kaep's camp had to give in to some demands since he is the one seeking employment.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Did Marty Schottenheimer curse the team after he was fired? They have been choking ever since.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Did Marty Schottenheimer curse the team after he was fired? They have been choking ever since.

I think the Chargers have been disappointing its fans for far longer than that.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

I think the Chargers have been disappointing its fans for far longer than that.

I never thought of them as chokers or underachievers before Marty. I just thought they were bad. Expectations were raised when Marty improved the team.

Of course, many will also point to them giving up on Drew Brees.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

It's time to move on from Rivers, just like it was time for the Giants to move on from Eli a couple of years ago (and it took them too long to do so). Only difference here is that the Chargers actually have a good roster (other than O-line), especially when healthy. Rivers is even more immobile now than ever, and the turnovers are just piling up.

Tyrod Taylor is under contract next season. I'm guessing he opens the season as the starter, and that the Chargers draft a QB. I've seen the idea of Jalen Hurts bandied about.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject:

I saw Kaepernick mentioned by a couple of people on another forum. Meh.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:

Well this season is lost. They are best just getting as high of a pick as possible, honestly. But Lynn could be on the hot seat so they may still do everything in their power to win down the stretch. (He shouldn't be on the hot seat, but owners do weird things.)
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:13 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
It's time to move on from Rivers, just like it was time for the Giants to move on from Eli a couple of years ago (and it took them too long to do so). Only difference here is that the Chargers actually have a good roster (other than O-line), especially when healthy. Rivers is even more immobile now than ever, and the turnovers are just piling up.

Tyrod Taylor is under contract next season. I'm guessing he opens the season as the starter, and that the Chargers draft a QB. I've seen the idea of Jalen Hurts bandied about.

All these narratives and jokes about the Chargers being chokers...it just saddens me to say that it really all originated when Rivers took over. Special teams issues aside (which honestly several teams have suffered from), it's been Rivers that has singledhandedly thrown away countless games over the years on that same Groundhog Day-like final drive we saw tonight and multiple times this season.

Now he can't even carry the team the first three and a half quarters because his mind is trying to write checks his arm can't cash anymore. Dude lost his fastball (if it was ever that fast to begin with) overnight and sees ghosts on the regular now after dealing with years of bad O-line play. On top of that, his lack of mobility is worse than ever and a severe detriment with the way the game is played today. An immobile, pocket QB is like a non-shooting center who can only play with his back to the basket in the NBA - almost archaic.

Like you said, it's over for him and the Chargers, and I hope he just retires rather than drag it out another couple of years on another team. Time to tank for Tua!
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:17 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Well this season is lost. They are best just getting as high of a pick as possible, honestly. But Lynn could be on the hot seat so they may still do everything in their power to win down the stretch. (He shouldn't be on the hot seat, but owners do weird things.)

Rivers and Telesco should be the ones who take the fall. I'm okay with Lynn getting another season or two with a new QB, but not really sold on him being the guy. The wise business decision would be to can everybody and start fresh, because then you don't want a new GM being saddled with a coach he didn't pick, but I agree it's unfair to fire Lynn given the circumstances and he did go 21-11 in his first two seasons.

On an unrelated note, it's too bad there isn't a hotshot QB in this draft coming out of USC or UCLA, because that really could've helped build up the fanbase in LA. But (bleep), I'm excited about the possibility of Tua.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:21 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

I made a comment that they wouldn’t go anywhere if Tom Brady becomes the quarterback at this point.

I was surprised at how well Lynn did the previous two seasons, especially when you consider the fact that the Chargers never really have much of a home field advantage and can even have the crowd against them in their own stadium.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

Brady is coming.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject:

I am just not a fan of seeking a QB in free agency. Great QB's almost never get away in free agency. I prefer drafting my QB....it is not easy, but it is the best route. Another route is trading for a young QB that is stuck behind a veteran.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I am just not a fan of seeking a QB in free agency. Great QB's almost never get away in free agency. I prefer drafting my QB....it is not easy, but it is the best route. Another route is trading for a young QB that is stuck behind a veteran.

True.

So far it looks like it worked out well for the Vikings and Cousins.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
adkindo wrote:

True.

I'd make the argument that Cousins isn't 'great'. He's good and is getting the ball to great playmakers. And really that's all the Vikes needed. The Chargers don't have the same pieces, Cousins wouldn't work their either. I think it makes the point though, get great players and an above average QB and you can do really well. That's how the Ravens have 2 superbowls, that's how the Giants and Eagles have superbowls. I'll get condemned for this, but that's also why the Patriots have superbowls.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
adkindo wrote:

True.

I'd make the argument that Cousins isn't 'great'. He's good and is getting the ball to great playmakers. And really that's all the Vikes needed. The Chargers don't have the same pieces, Cousins wouldn't work their either. I think it makes the point though, get great players and an above average QB and you can do really well. That's how the Ravens have 2 superbowls, that's how the Giants and Eagles have superbowls. I'll get condemned for this, but that's also why the Patriots have superbowls.

surprised you refer to Trent Dilfer as an above average QB....most people do not give Dilfer that level of credit, but I think Dilfer was an underrated game manger that could be successful with talent around him.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject:

I find it amazing of how much leeway Rivers has been granted by the Chargers and media as a whole over the years. Eli received so much more criticism while achieving so much more success than Rivers ever did.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Huskers wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
adkindo wrote:

True.

surprised you refer to Trent Dilfer as an above average QB....most people do not give Dilfer that level of credit, but I think Dilfer was an underrated game manger that could be successful with talent around him.

Yes, that's a long stretch to say he's an above average QB.

But it adds to the point, you don't need 'great' when you can get a lot of 'good' across the field and win and mix in 'great' at positions that don't eat as much salary cap.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject:

NFL playoff picture after week 11.
http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 35 of 76
Jump to: