ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 438, 439, 440, 441, 442, 443  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:13 am    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
paymonM wrote:
James Harden shown here playing solid defense against Kawhi.

lol wtf

A pretty good time for one of those random NBA drug tests to show up for Harden
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Los Angeles Clippers guard Russell Westbrook is expected to return to the lineup next week — perhaps as soon as Monday vs. the Indiana Pacers, sources tell ESPN. Westbrook — one of the league’s top sixth men — had surgery to repair a fractured left hand three weeks ago.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1771287347281248650

Good news for some Clipper fans in here.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:05 pm    Post subject:

j-dawg wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
paymonM wrote:
James Harden shown here playing solid defense against Kawhi.

lol wtf

A pretty good time for one of those random NBA drug tests to show up for Harden

What if he would have bumped into him ? Would that be a foul ?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Los Angeles Clippers guard Russell Westbrook is expected to return to the lineup next week — perhaps as soon as Monday vs. the Indiana Pacers, sources tell ESPN. Westbrook — one of the league’s top sixth men — had surgery to repair a fractured left hand three weeks ago.

Even better news for the opponents
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:01 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Even better news for the opponents

Cold!!
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The LA Clippers are now 1-8 against winning teams since the All-Star break. A team that was once hopeful to make the first seed, is now half a game out of the 5th seed and three games away from the play-in.

https://twitter.com/Farbod_E/status/1772016264397107373
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:13 pm    Post subject:

They're now 6-6 without their little energizer bunny Westbrick. Small sample size but does Brick turn the Clippers from a .500 team into a .629 team? Not sure why the Lakers never once experimented with having Brick coming off the bench.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
The LA Clippers are now 1-8 against winning teams since the All-Star break. A team that was once hopeful to make the first seed, is now half a game out of the 5th seed and three games away from the play-in.

https://twitter.com/Farbod_E/status/1772016264397107373

Kawhi is at a career low DBPM.
PG 13 is at a career low DBPM.
Norman Powell is at a career low DBPM.
Terance Mann is at a career low DBPM.
Harden is near his career low DBPM.
Zu is at a 5-year low in DBPM

In prior seasons, they (rightfully) hung their hats on shutting teams down on the perimeter while killing teams with their wings.

Now, they overwhelm bad-to-mediocre teams offensively, but they can no longer lock down good teams.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:19 pm    Post subject:

I can't see this team thriving in the playoffs. So many red flags.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:22 am    Post subject:

Oh ya'll thought the Clippers were contenders?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:47 am    Post subject:

Clippers best players are all old in NBA sense. All have had 10+ years in the league. When this happens, winning games in the RS are more of a challenge.

In the playoffs though, it's all about match ups.

As we saw last year, the Kings flamed out to a much older Warriors team. We beat a young Grizzlies team without their 1 reliable vet in Adams.

In the playoffs, these vets will help. Same thing with us. We're probably a better playoffs match up team, than we are a RS team (Hence we may need 2 play in wins to make the playoffs).

I do think in the playoffs, I'd rather be the Lakers/Clippers roster wise than the Kings. Even the Thunder, I don't see them going very far in the playoffs.

What makes the Nuggets and Celtics roster better than the rest of the star filled teams (like ours and the Clippers) their rosters seem younger and their stars seem younger. So they can mantain a level throughout the RS and playoffs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Considering SGA has turned into a perennial MVP candidate at 25, in addition to all the other draft capital included, is the package the Clippers gave the Thunder for George the most lucrative in league history?

At this moment if you offered the full AD package given to NOH for SGA alone I think k they'd turn it down.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Considering SGA has turned into a perennial MVP candidate at 25, in addition to all the other draft capital included, is the package the Clippers gave the Thunder for George the most lucrative in league history?

At this moment if you offered the full AD package given to NOH for SGA alone I think k they'd turn it down.

Clippers roster minus PG13 and with SGA, Tre Mann, Jalen Williams, Jaime Jacquez, the corpse of Danilo Gallinari, 2024 #1, 2025 #1 would own the decade.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Pelicans will move into 4th place in the Western Conference with a Clippers loss tonight.

Clippers trail Indiana by 14 early in the 4th quarter.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:52 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
They're now 6-6 without their little energizer bunny Westbrick. Small sample size but does Brick turn the Clippers from a .500 team into a .629 team? Not sure why the Lakers never once experimented with having Brick coming off the bench.

I think it had to do with Vogal being hesitant along with Westbrook still in his "im the best PG in the league" mentality.

Ham played him off the bench before upgrading to Dlo in the trade. Westbrook was just a terrible fit here, all around. I am shocked that he fits better on the clippers but he still makes his dumb plays like the horrible drives and the momentum killer brick threes.

Glad the clippers have him
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:09 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Clippers have a 122.6 defensive rating with James Harden on the court since the All-Star break. That would rank dead last in the NBA.

The team has a lot of issues right now, but this is one of the biggest.

Give him that max he wanted Ballmer.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Clippers roster minus PG13 and with SGA, Tre Mann, Jalen Williams, Jaime Jacquez, the corpse of Danilo Gallinari, 2024 #1, 2025 #1 would own the decade.

Okc would still be better yet are trying to avoid us.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:26 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
The Clippers have a 122.6 defensive rating with James Harden on the court since the All-Star break. That would rank dead last in the NBA.

The team has a lot of issues right now, but this is one of the biggest.

Give him that max he wanted Ballmer.

Who could've imagined... I'm shocked!
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The belief is that the Clippers are unwilling to meet Paul George's expectations for his next contract, per @PompeyOnSixers.

“The Sixers are closely monitoring the situation, hoping the Clippers let George slip away.”

(Via http://bit.ly/3IUdkBU)
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
The belief is that the Clippers are unwilling to meet Paul George's expectations for his next contract, per @PompeyOnSixers.

“The Sixers are closely monitoring the situation, hoping the Clippers let George slip away.”

Hard to imagine Ballmer coming this far only to suddenly start pinching pennies on George and Harden. I suspect George is the one unsure of a Clipper extension rather than the other way around.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 am    Post subject:

Yeah I would think Ballmer would want all the star power he can have entering the new arena.

I think PG will test the market and enjoy the process but Id be shocked if he leaves the team. Even more shocked if clippers dont offer him max
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:32 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Hard to imagine Ballmer coming this far only to suddenly start pinching pennies on George and Harden. I suspect George is the one unsure of a Clipper extension rather than the other way around.

True, after all those picks and SGA they gave up for him. Would be funny if PG13 left em high and dry this summer.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

True, after all those picks and SGA they gave up for him. Would be funny if PG13 left em high and dry this summer.

If I was George, I would keep in mind what the current Clipper management did to Blake Griffin. Kawhi and Harden won't have a great deal of trade value going forward. But they absolutely could resign George and deal him shortly after.

I wouldn't be surprised if the issue is trade flexibiliry, ie no trade clause, or full max plus trade kicker.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:09 am    Post subject:

The NBA came out and said they missed the foul on Paul George in the last seconds, which effectively cost Philly the game.

These "reports" are useless. I keep waiting for a Coach to say "Alright, so are we replaying the last few seconds of the game after Oubre takes free throws and changing the record accordingly? Because if we aren't these reports are useless and don't change anything."
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:44 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Can GS max him if they let Klay go, prob dump Draymond or Wiggins?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 438, 439, 440, 441, 442, 443  Next
Page 439 of 443
Jump to: