Official Lakers Training Camp Thread (2019-20)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If you thought LBJ's defense was bad last year, the worst by far was Rondo.

If he's starting, we will be carved up like never before (and I think it'll be worse than Kendall Marshall's defense).

If Rondo ends up starting I would love a reporter with access to have Vogel explain the decision in detail. Rondo has one translatable skill left and it’s the one the starting lineup needs the least. All of the needs for that position are all areas where he is weak to extremely weak.

You guys are going to be very surprised when the RPM numbers come out next year and his drpm is near 0.

Hopefully that matches his mpg numbers
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

With Rondo ---I just don't understand why a player in year 14 should get the benefit of the doubt. D.Wade didn't in year 14... Bron is a different athlete.. he's also not 6'0.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject:

We have not played a single game this season. We have not seen the role Rondo is playing for the team. We have not seen the result if Rondo, Caruso or Cook's plays this season. Don't understand why the sky is falling already, LG need to chill and let the coaches that see the whole practice decide who earns the minutes. When the real games starts, they will have more films to replace and make adjustments. Only thing we have this year is that we have players in the bench I feel confident can step and do the job. (Not a lot of question mark players Svi, Mo, Bongo, Beasley, Lance or Williams)
Jenn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
We have not played a single game this season. We have not seen the role Rondo is playing for the team. We have not seen the result if Rondo, Caruso or Cook's plays this season. Don't understand why the sky is falling already, LG need to chill and let the coaches that see the whole practice decide who earns the minutes. When the real games starts, they will have more films to replace and make adjustments. Only thing we have this year is that we have players in the bench I feel confident can step and do the job. (Not a lot of question mark players Svi, Mo, Bongo, Beasley, Lance or Williams)

This.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
At the end of the day, it's far more difficult to find two 5 carat diamonds than five 2 carat diamonds.

We have some holes we need to fix up. But those are 2 carat problems. We have AD/LBJ as the foundation and that's a great start.

You're a gem.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject:

24 hours!!! I can't wait for the BBall summer to be over......
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
24 hours!!! I can't wait for the BBall summer to be over......

This season is gonna be amazing in terms of having competitive games the wait is worth it.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Jenn wrote:
DLaker wrote:

This.

manlisten wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
At the end of the day, it's far more difficult to find two 5 carat diamonds than five 2 carat diamonds.

We have some holes we need to fix up. But those are 2 carat problems. We have AD/LBJ as the foundation and that's a great start.

You're a gem.

--Anonymous
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Good reports from KCP out of camp; he said he forgot he was a 3/D guy and now he's more focused on it I guess. It's possible we have 4 nice 3/D players. Green, Caruso, Bradley, KCP. It'd just be nice if we got 2 of these guys to play very well any given night. 12pts and defense.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You're a gem.

No you are the gem.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Good reports from KCP out of camp; he said he forgot he was a 3/D guy and now he's more focused on it I guess. It's possible we have 4 nice 3/D players. Green, Caruso, Bradley, KCP. It'd just be nice if we got 2 of these guys to play very well any given night. 12pts and defense.

The difference between KCP now and last year is that we have a better coach who can get the most out of KCP.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

He forgot ?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Car54 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DLaker wrote:
Is lethal shooter working for the Lakers. Is that him 44 sec in the video. Just wondering.

I think they did hire him... He’s been working with AD, Kuz, and KCP

They hired Mike Penberthy as shooting coach.

It was also mentioned that AD has been working with Penberthy on his 3pt shot this summer.

no he was working with Lethal. Penberthy was working for the pels last season

Yes last season but this summer it was stated that AD worked with Penberthy. Cannot recall if it was a video or was printed.

edit: here is the link https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/9/25/20883035/lakers-news-anthony-davis-shooting-workout-video-phil-handy-instagram-assistant-coach-mike-penberthy

negative bro Mike just got hired AD was working with Lethal before the trade was completed. Mike was hired after the trade was done.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Car54 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DLaker wrote:
Is lethal shooter working for the Lakers. Is that him 44 sec in the video. Just wondering.

It was also mentioned that AD has been working with Penberthy on his 3pt shot this summer.

Yes last season but this summer it was stated that AD worked with Penberthy. Cannot recall if it was a video or was printed.

edit: here is the link https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/9/25/20883035/lakers-news-anthony-davis-shooting-workout-video-phil-handy-instagram-assistant-coach-mike-penberthy

negative bro Mike just got hired AD was working with Lethal before the trade was completed. Mike was hired after the trade was done.

If you look at my first comment I state this SUMMER. I know he was working with Lethal prior and may still be. I never stated AD did not work with Lethal.

Unless Handy is lying then he also worked with Penberthy on his shooting and I would assume that includes from the 3pt line as the article emphasizes this point.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

He should have stated what he was focused on these past 2 years?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Probably trying to expand his game in a scorer /more dynamic role.. he turned down a massive contract before signing here a few years ago - think he wanted to live up to some high ceiling
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Probably trying to expand his game in a scorer /more dynamic role.. he turned down a massive contract before signing here a few years ago - think he wanted to live up to some high ceiling

That is a good take. Never thought of it from that angle.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Cousins just had an ACL knee surgery right?

Glad to see him still participating and around the team. You can see him walking around just fine here. Should be still in crutches or some type of brace?

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Cousins just had an ACL knee surgery right?

Glad to see him still participating and around the team. You can see him walking around just fine here. Should be still in crutches or some type of brace?

pretty typical nowadays I think. Klay was jumping around a bit like 6 weeks or something after his
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:23 am    Post subject:

First match today after almost half a year
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:26 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Car54 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Car54 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DLaker wrote:

If you look at my first comment I state this SUMMER. I know he was working with Lethal prior and may still be. I never stated AD did not work with Lethal.

Unless Handy is lying then he also worked with Penberthy on his shooting and I would assume that includes from the 3pt line as the article emphasizes this point.

Ok I understand bro
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject:

Lakers training camp day 6

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jSW-QUCIdk4

Starts I think with Kuzma shooting some nice 3s. At least I think it’s him did he change his hair again?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

He forgot ?

PT Barnum was right.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

man AD looking unstoppable with that crazy smooth mid range jumper that he can hit over anyone.
The pick and roll/pop game with Lebron and AD is going to murder teams. Too bad we couldnt get a stretch 5 to help give that combo more space to operate.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
man AD looking unstoppable with that crazy smooth mid range jumper that he can hit over anyone.
The pick and roll/pop game with Lebron and AD is going to murder teams. Too bad we couldnt get a stretch 5 to help give that combo more space to operate.

I am cool with the center focusing on hard work on the boards and defense over any advantage of spacing a stretch 5 provides.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14
Jump to: