When will we see AD or Lebron’s first load management game?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Should load management be a salary negotiation concern? >Team X wants Kawhi but doesn't believe in paying a player to sit as unsportsmanlike if the others cant do it.. So he wont sign with them But a owner who will agree --is effectively giving the player a Big Bonus.. "You don't have to play a full season and we will pay you Max Full Season salary anyways /wink wink

Can I get an upgraded load management pkg..Lets me not travel with team and refuel and reload at home? I take small pay cut?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Best load management is you blow teams out of the building and rest in the 4th
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Best load management is you blow teams out of the building and rest in the 4th

What he said
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject:

I think load management for an older player may be best served by monitoring minutes then missing entire games. There will be enough blowouts (like Mad said) this season to really make it work. Keeps our old guys both loose and rested.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

I think with AD it is only a matter of time when he has some sort of injury that will require a few games or weeks off. The way he is always jumping off, falling down, etc. It's just a matter of time IMO. AD should try to play with a little more control, and it is one of the reasons I hate when he tries to drive through an entire defense, I think that is an injury waiting to happen (1 on 1 I do not mind, I can not stand it when he tries to go through a defense with the ball at the top of the arc). But outside of that, AD is 26. Prime of his career. Cardio beast. Elite athlete. No reason to rest. He wants to be an all time great. In his prime, would Shaq, Kobe etc rest? No. The rest he gets is if we can start ending games early. Not needing him to come back in the 4th.

With Lebron, he is built like a tank, and I think when Frank sees some B2Bs he has to consider giving Lebron longer rest. I would definitely like to see Lebron sit out a few games, but he won't. What Frank has to do is see the months and weeks that are more loaded with travel and games, and just give Lebron significant rest on the bench even if it costs us the game in the process.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I think load management for an older player may be best served by monitoring minutes then missing entire games. There will be enough blowouts (like Mad said) this season to really make it work. Keeps our old guys both loose and rested.

So it is better preparing physically for the game for 3-4 hours then playing 30 minutes than to not have physical activity at all? These guys don’t show up at 7 for a 7:30 game.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject:

As long as we are comfortably in the playoffs, LeBron and AD should not be playing back to backs.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject:

Our last 11 or 12 games of the season are all against bad teams.
They will have a lot of rest if we can secure our playoff spot early.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: