DEFENSE Wins Championships
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

StoicChalice392 wrote:
Watching Lakers Compacto on Spectrum, I didn't realize we limited Miami to 4 point during the last 6 minutes.

they didn't score a FG in the 4th for 7 minutes plus I think
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
StoicChalice392 wrote:
Watching Lakers Compacto on Spectrum, I didn't realize we limited Miami to 4 point during the last 6 minutes.

they didn't score a FG in the 4th for 7 minutes plus I think

even better
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

StoicChalice392 wrote:

And I think the game before against the Bulls the bulls were limited to 4 or 6 points for like the first 8 or 9 minutes of the 4th. They ended up scoring quite a few points at the end once the game was out of reach
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

So that brings up my next question, how much better defensively can we be with better scouting and locking down teams from tip off? I know I'm being greedy but that could possibly limit a team to 60 to 70 points for the game.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Yea not really worried as long they keep the opponents a point less than us. But I dont like they are exerting this much energy on defense early in the season.

Lebron looked completely gassed after the game. Did the postgame interview from the bench
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

This defense is my dreams coming true
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

yet people want to move mcgee. His rim protection is elite.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

StoicChalice392 wrote:
So that brings up my next question, how much better defensively can we be with better scouting and locking down teams from tip off? I know I'm being greedy but that could possibly limit a team to 60 to 70 points for the game.

I am thinking it just may not be possible to put the effort the entire game. Also the reason why the defense may be more locked at certain times could be lineup.

I saw something like the lineup of

Lebron ad Ab green and Dwight has a defensive rating of like 65 and a really big net. But Dwight doesn’t start games
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
governator wrote:
88% Miami shots contested

governator wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
sauce?

mod

epak wrote:
Quote:
Mike Trudell
@LakersReporter 1m

After another impressive defensive effort, @KingJames deserved to sit for the @SpectrumSN walkoff 📺. He helped limit Miami to 80 points (14 in 4th Q). Frank Vogel said LAL’s analytics team shared that they contested 88% of MIA’s shots, which he called unheard of. LAL are 7-1.

ty but I mean sauce for the premise of the thread
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject:

StoicChalice392 wrote:

Extremely doubtful, these are NBA players that they are playing against. Keep them under 100. Let’s not forget that Miami were missing 40% of their starters.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject:

StoicChalice392 wrote:

It'll never be the goal of any NBA team to hold teams to those point totals. That's just not realistic. Even 20 years ago when we were still walking the ball up, playing through the post, and living off of mid range shots no one was able to hold teams to anything close to 60-70 points on average. This is the last era where it would ever happen.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject:

Can’t wait to get Iggy
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Not only are the Lakers a great defense. But they can play lockdown defense when they need too. And that is key to championships otherwise teams like Utah last year would be champions.

With Dwight LeBron AD green Bradley there is no way to score if they turn it on. Bradley and Green would keep parameter players in check by tight coverage and if you get around them, you have to deal with rim protection. And the size of the front court big guys can’t get whatever they want.

And this isn’t theoretical we seen the Lakers lock down teams with this lineup even Dallas who in overtime really only scored 5 points. There was 7 points but one was a concession basket at the end. And this happened at a few other points. And I think we have seen this in almost every game at one point.

I think the Clippers have the potential for this with Beverly Kawhi and PG but that is still theoretical. Plus they don’t have a rim protector. So that provides a potential weakness that teams can try to exploit at the end of a close game. And it makes more difficult on Kawhi and PG because they can’t play as tight as coverage nor close out on open parameter shooters as aggressively since if their player gets around them, they could give up a basket at the Rim. They may have to rely on getting a steal or turnover and disciplined teams don’t do this much when closing games.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:

It's your moment to shine my friend .
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: