Halfway Point: You Grade the Lakers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject: Halfway Point: You Grade the Lakers

So we're just a little over the half way mark for the season. Grade the Lakers:

LBJ:
AD:
Kuz:
Green:
Bradley:
KCP:
Caruso:
Dwight:
Troy:
Cook:
Rondo:
JAV:
Dudley
Boogie:
THT:
(Deng's 5m cap hold):
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject:

LBJ: A
AD: A
Kuz: C
Green: C+
Bradley: C+
KCP: B
Caruso: A-
Dwight: A
Troy: B-
Cook: B-
Rondo: C
JAV: B
Dudley: B-
Boogie: TBD
THT: TBD
(Deng's 5m cap hold): F
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject:

Kuz: B-
Green: C+
Bradley: B-
KCP: B+
Caruso: B
Troy: C-
Cook: C-
Rondo: C-
Dudley: C
Boogie: -
THT: -
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject:

Deng's 5m cap hold hasn't logged a minute but has impacted the team nevertheless.
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject:

LBJ: A- (leads the league in assist but shooting has been a little down)
AD: B+(shot has not been as consistent but defense is A+)
Kuz: C (fit is shaky but he is still valuable)
Green: C- (defense is solid but offense has been up and down)
Bradley: C+ (defense is great and set the tone early in the season)
KCP: A+ (best player not AD or LBJ; he is playing worth 10m+)
Caruso: B (defense and decision making leads to wins)
Dwight: A (too many fouls if I was being picky but a beast overall)
Troy: C+ (about what you would expect out of the 12th man)
Cook: C (about what you would expect out of the 13th man)
Rondo: B- (playing pretty solid but his defense is a negative)
JAV: A- (no real complaints other than AD should play more C)
Dudley B+ (solid vet and comes in and plays positive minutes)
Boogie: B (taking a roster spot but the team likes him)
THT: N/A (probably a trade throw in at the deadline)
(Deng's 5m cap hold): F (screw you Mitch)
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject:

AD: B+ (A defense + B offense = B+)
Kuz: C
Green: C
Bradley: C
KCP: B
Caruso: B (A defense + C Offense = B)
Dwight: B
Troy: D
Cook: D
Rondo: D
JAV: B+
Dudley: C+

I rated these based relative to what I hoped/expected from them at the start of the season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject:

Here's mine:

LBJ: A. Shown more leadership and is setting the tone for the team. Not an A+ b/c he struggles against teams with athletic and physical wings, aka the teams we will have to beat to get a ring.

AD: A-. Coaching staff isn't utilizing him properly, and he's settling a bit too much on long jumpers. But his defense is transcendental and a revelation. Didn't realize just how amazing he was on that end. He's also good for 25+ ppg and even bigger scoring explosions.

Kuz: C. I was hoping he could be that 3rd guy on the team, but he is confused with his role and just pressing too hard. Seems to play better WITHOUT LBJ and AD, which is sort of problematic.

Green: B-. Loved the signing over the summer. But he's so streaky as a 3 point shooter. I feel like that will win us games in the playoffs and lose us some too. His defense seems like it's slipping but that's natural as he ages.

Bradley: B-. Love his defensive intensity. But make no mistake, is a liability on offense. Hate how he cannot bring up the ball against pressure or run an offense.

KCP: A-. He resurrected from the dead after Kawhi destroyed him on opening night. I actually trust him now.

Caruso: B+. What a delight to see a grinder like him make it. Is our combo defending guard off the bench. But again, notice the trend here, a liability on offense.

Dwight: A. I was 100% wrong about Dwight. He has been instrumental to us this year.

Troy: D-. Shooter who can't really shoot. Since he can't defend or do anything else, I'm ok cutting/shipping him out.

Cook: C. A bit tough when you don't have KD/Klay/Steph drawing gravity. Shows flashes of being a microwave scorer, but atrocious on defense.

Rondo: D-. There's a reason he's a minimum player. He should ideally be a 3rd PG who plays in case of emergency, i.e. Dudley. But the roster at guard was poorly constructed and he's playing way too much.

JAV: B. Excellent rim protector. Has really revived his reputation as a dependable rim runner/protector.

Dudley: B+. I think he's doing wonders for the locker room and is a reliable professional ready to play at all times. Really like him.

Boogie: TBD. seems like they're going to keep him. Should be a vet's minimum signing at best this summer.

THT: TBD. Showing flashes in the GL, but aside from highlights, appears to be struggling with shooting. He's only 19, but is showing some flashes of grown man game.

(Deng's 5m cap hold): Deng is investing said $ into his real estate empire.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Here's mine:

LBJ: A. Shown more leadership and is setting the tone for the team. Not an A+ b/c he struggles against teams with athletic and physical wings, aka the teams we will have to beat to get a ring.

AD: A-. Coaching staff isn't utilizing him properly, and he's settling a bit too much on long jumpers. But his defense is transcendental and a revelation. Didn't realize just how amazing he was on that end. He's also good for 25+ ppg and even bigger scoring explosions.

Kuz: C. I was hoping he could be that 3rd guy on the team, but he is confused with his role and just pressing too hard. Seems to play better WITHOUT LBJ and AD, which is sort of problematic.

Green: B-. Loved the signing over the summer. But he's so streaky as a 3 point shooter. I feel like that will win us games in the playoffs and lose us some too. His defense seems like it's slipping but that's natural as he ages.

Bradley: B-. Love his defensive intensity. But make no mistake, is a liability on offense. Hate how he cannot bring up the ball against pressure or run an offense.

KCP: A-. He resurrected from the dead after Kawhi destroyed him on opening night. I actually trust him now.

Caruso: B+. What a delight to see a grinder like him make it. Is our combo defending guard off the bench. But again, notice the trend here, a liability on offense.

Dwight: A. I was 100% wrong about Dwight. He has been instrumental to us this year.

Troy: D-. Shooter who can't really shoot. Since he can't defend or do anything else, I'm ok cutting/shipping him out.

Cook: C. A bit tough when you don't have KD/Klay/Steph drawing gravity. Shows flashes of being a microwave scorer, but atrocious on defense.

Rondo: D-. There's a reason he's a minimum player. He should ideally be a 3rd PG who plays in case of emergency, i.e. Dudley. But the roster at guard was poorly constructed and he's playing way too much.

JAV: B. Excellent rim protector. Has really revived his reputation as a dependable rim runner/protector.

Dudley: B+. I think he's doing wonders for the locker room and is a reliable professional ready to play at all times. Really like him.

Boogie: TBD. seems like they're going to keep him. Should be a vet's minimum signing at best this summer.

THT: TBD. Showing flashes in the GL, but aside from highlights, appears to be struggling with shooting. He's only 19, but is showing some flashes of grown man game.

👍 Hard to argue
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:59 am    Post subject:

Kuz: C+
KCP: A-
Caruso: B
Troy: D
Cook: D
Rondo: C-
Dudley: B
Boogie: Incomplete
THT: Incomplete
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:59 am    Post subject:

Lebron: A+
Davis: A

Most of the team: B

Caruso: B- (I expect more from our GOAT)

Kuzma & Green: C-

Rondo: D

Vogel: B
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Here's mine:

Your reads on Troy, Cook and Rondo are completely off. Other than that, your list seems okay.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject:

And Lebron gets a B- from me until he proves that he can play well against the teams that matter.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Here's mine:

Your reads on Troy, Cook and Rondo are completely off. Other than that, your list seems okay.

U just mad cause u a Troy
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Here's mine:

Do give us your grades (and justifications) then. You think they deserve higher grades?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject:

PELINKA: A-
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:27 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Here's mine:

I am with Troy on Troy. If a guy is shooting 37.9 from 3pt & the guy can'tshoot, I really want to know what is the definition of a guy who can shoot.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject:

Troy Daniels is a career 40% 3 point shooter.

He is not drawing the gravity needed from such a one dimensional player.

Are you keeping him on this team instead of say Collison (or another bought out vet)?

Maybe I was being too flippant with the "he can't really shoot," but his effectiveness on this team is almost non-existent.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Halfway Point: You Grade the Lakers

LBJ: A-
AD: A-
Kuz: C-
Green: B-
Bradley: B
KCP: A
Caruso: B+
Troy: C
Cook: C
Rondo: D-
Boogie: TBD
THT: TBD
(Deng's 5m cap hold): F- - -
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Here's mine:

Do give us your grades (and justifications) then. You think they deserve higher grades?

Daniels and Cook are competent shooters, which is what we need to unclog the lanes so that AD and Lebron can do what they do. The problem is that Vogel hasn't allowed them enough playing time to get in rhythm. And Rondo, as he's done throughout his career, does things out there that really do matter, other than scoring. I'd give Daniels and Cook B minuses, and Rondo a C+.

Bradley has been a disappointment out there, and the stats prove it. I'd give him a C-.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject:

Vogel - B+, he's done an A-caliber job overall, but he gets dinged for the love affair with Rondo over Caruso, and for not trying AD at the 5 more/limiting how he's utilized on offense in general
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EO-lttdUEAEwqm_?format=jpg&name=large

Grades based off TPA:

Bron/AD = A
Dwight/McGee/Green = B-
Rest of team = trash
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Rondo: L-
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject:

AD: A-
Green: B-
Bradley: B
KCP: B+
Caruso: B+
Dwight: B+
Rondo: D-
JAV: B-
Dudley: C
Boogie: C
THT: B-
(Deng's 5m cap hold): F
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject:

KCP: A-
Caruso: A-
Rondo: C
Boogie: N/A
THT: N/A
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject:

LBJ:
A's: Lebron, AD, KCP, Dwight
B's: Caruso, JAV
C's: Green, Kuz, Bradley, Troy, Cook, Dudley, Rondo

Incomplete: Boogie, THT

D is for Deng
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: