SAS: "Nobody fears the Lakers, players around the Leauge say they're Soft"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Zubolo wrote:
Again, the facts are AD is averaging 7.5 rpg against these guys, Lebron is shooting less than 40% and Kawhi has dominated the match-ups in both occasions. We are 0-2 against them, choking both 4th quarters where our superstars were no-shows. Sure we show up against the sub 500 teams but it means nothing if we continue to lose to these guys.

I don't blame the Clippers if they think we are soft! I'm glad Stephen A continues to call out Lebron (remember how excited Lebron was at half-time to run and jump into Kevin Hart's lap despite the groin injury?). Don't hate the messenger! You can question the sources, but don't hate the messenger.

FACTSSSSSSSS
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
Carushow wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Lebron James should have to stick up for any teammates. That’s not his job.

No, he really shouldn't. Like I said, I thought that's what Dudley was here for. If he can't stick up for his teammates, I don't know why he still has a spot on the roster. He wasn't signed for his 3 point-shooting.

Even if it means suspension and fines for getting off the bench?

Who is going to notice if he is suspended?

LG.
Are you on team Carushow about Duds jumping off the bench?

No, no one needed to do anything. Bad play by Portis but it didn’t look like he was trying to hurt KCP.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
Carushow wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

No, he really shouldn't. Like I said, I thought that's what Dudley was here for. If he can't stick up for his teammates, I don't know why he still has a spot on the roster. He wasn't signed for his 3 point-shooting.

LG.

No, no one needed to do anything. Bad play by Portis but it didn’t look like he was trying to hurt KCP.

30% intentional maybe. But he didnt reach for kcp afterwards. That's gonna make it 100%
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
Carushow wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

LG.

I agree with this. Portis is a turd but he did the same thing the following night against a different team. He wasn’t trying to send a message against the Lakers. He’s just a turd. Whether or not we let him slide or tried to kick the (bleep) outta him he still woulda done something dumb or reckless the next time out.

This wasn’t McHale vs. Rambo. This isn’t the 80’s/90’s and it isn't hockey. You don’t have to retaliate. You can’t just assault someone and get away with it.

One of the most tiresome parts of the new NBA is these guys peacocking up and down the court while their teammates “hold them back”. The Butler/Warren whateverthehell was a perfect example of the fake tough guy mentality that these guys have in today’s game.

P.S. If Rondo wants to go after someone then I fully support his decision to do so as long as it comes with a lengthy suspension. Go get em Rajon! Take one for the team!
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:49 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
This is kind of weird.

I wouldn’t call the Lakers soft. Especially with that interior defense and their ability to deter a lot of shots.

Seems more like a shot at mentality. Meaning teams can neutralize LBJ and AD to where they settle for shots or don’t attack.

Like Lebron and AD (2 of top 5) can get bothered and that’s how the clippers have been successful in the 2 matchups. Bucks and Pacers bothered Lebron too.

It’s perceived as soft because no one else can create. I guess if they mean you can get in Lebron and AD’s head then yeah a little bit and everything falls apart because the rest of the team is role players.

I think your take is better than SAS who, idiotically, used the wrong word

Suggesting guys like dwight howard or lbj are “soft” makes no sense

But mentally - ok, possibly, maybe they are a team that can let stuff get in their head. Had SAS said mental toughness, it could be a fairer take:

Exhibit A: Lakers christmas day loss
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:42 am    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
Zubolo wrote:
Again, the facts are AD is averaging 7.5 rpg against these guys, Lebron is shooting less than 40% and Kawhi has dominated the match-ups in both occasions. We are 0-2 against them, choking both 4th quarters where our superstars were no-shows. Sure we show up against the sub 500 teams but it means nothing if we continue to lose to these guys.

I don't blame the Clippers if they think we are soft! I'm glad Stephen A continues to call out Lebron (remember how excited Lebron was at half-time to run and jump into Kevin Hart's lap despite the groin injury?). Don't hate the messenger! You can question the sources, but don't hate the messenger.

FACTSSSSSSSS

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject:

I think barring Lebron significantly declining, the Lakers are in a similar window to what the Lakers had with Pau Gasol in 2008. We can probably compete for 3 years with AD in his prime, especially if we keep adding quality vets like we did this past summer. We are probably the team that the title goes through this year and next for sure. We may come up short like LA did against Boston in 08. That Boston team was a bit tougher than us, and we were not defensively ready. A year later, they were. I think it can go either way. We could suffer a defeat like that 08 team did, to Boston. To the Clippers. I can see that happen if we do not improve by playoffs. I could also see this team win it all, because unlike the 08 Lakers team, we have been better defensively than them, and have had more time together and have an elite 2nd player in his prime who can be dominant, while those Laker teams just had Kobe as a dominant player. The biggest concern of mine was coaching, but right now we seemed to be very well coached in regards to players and coaches being on the same page.

I think we are really close to getting all the way. Kobe was being interviewed the other day and he said that he had never seen a team as long, athletic like this Laker team. Says its a team that just needs to invest in health (getting stronger in the gym, staying healthy etc). Think this is a great sign.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I think barring Lebron significantly declining, the Lakers are in a similar window to what the Lakers had with Pau Gasol in 2008. We can probably compete for 3 years with AD in his prime, especially if we keep adding quality vets like we did this past summer. We are probably the team that the title goes through this year and next for sure. We may come up short like LA did against Boston in 08. That Boston team was a bit tougher than us, and we were not defensively ready. A year later, they were. I think it can go either way. We could suffer a defeat like that 08 team did, to Boston. To the Clippers. I can see that happen if we do not improve by playoffs. I could also see this team win it all, because unlike the 08 Lakers team, we have been better defensively than them, and have had more time together and have an elite 2nd player in his prime who can be dominant, while those Laker teams just had Kobe as a dominant player. The biggest concern of mine was coaching, but right now we seemed to be very well coached in regards to players and coaches being on the same page.

I think we are really close to getting all the way. Kobe was being interviewed the other day and he said that he had never seen a team as long, athletic like this Laker team. Says its a team that just needs to invest in health (getting stronger in the gym, staying healthy etc). Think this is a great sign.

I've made the same parallel with that 08 team. We had Luke and Radmanovic getting minutes and Pau hadn't turned into Black Swan yet. That team had a lot of potential defensively but Bynum was injured against the Celtics. Outside of Kobe those guys just weren't prepared for how tough the Finals would be.

I think our current team is actually more experienced with guys who have championship experience: Rondo, Javale, Rondo, Lebron, Green. But like that '08 team we're missing that young dynamic 2-way wing. We really need a wing and a playmaker. In '08 we had Farmar who was a solid bench guard for us, and once we added Ariza we took off. Get DC and Josh Jackson and we're good to go.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject:

Are we equating ‘soft’ with sportsmanship here?
Do you have to talk ish, play a little dirty, taunt opponents to be ‘hard’?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I've made the same parallel with that 08 team. We had Luke and Radmanovic getting minutes and Pau hadn't turned into Black Swan yet. That team had a lot of potential defensively but Bynum was injured against the Celtics. Outside of Kobe those guys just weren't prepared for how tough the Finals would be.

I think our current team is actually more experienced with guys who have championship experience: Rondo, Javale, Rondo, Lebron, Green. But like that '08 team we're missing that young dynamic 2-way wing. We really need a wing and a playmaker. In '08 we had Farmar who was a solid bench guard for us, and once we added Ariza we took off. Get DC and Josh Jackson and we're good to go.

Agree with you, but the only area I would say that we do not need as much help is the big wing. We have Kuz and Lebron. Kobe never had guys like that, and Kobe was a 2. What we may need is a big 2, instead of a big wing. Since our 2s are Green, KCP, Caruso. We should not be playing too small at 3 in the playoffs, it will always be Lebron or Kuzma there. KCP will play the 2.

I think what we need, yes is that backup (or starting) level PG that can drive, defend, shoot the 3. Not easy to find. I am not a fan of a big name, I would look at guys like Tomas Satoransky from Chicago even. I don't know enough about these guys as I don't watch other NBA teams much. However what we should be looking for is a PG that can do a bit of everything - shoot the 3 playing off AD/Lebron, defending decently (not being a liability), driving to the basket with the skill level to make a pass to open players in that position. Stuff like that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ericp6387
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject:

I'm glad. We need to use this (bleep) as motivation.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
Zubolo wrote:

FACTSSSSSSSS

Yeah, the Clippers and Bucks can talk a lil smack about this current squad, considering the head to head results so far. The rest of the league, not so much.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject:

Dwight, Caruso, Bradley, Rondo, Dudley are not soft. The rest of the team is questionable.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:56 am    Post subject:

Dwight is soft though he has shown some good mental toughness this year.

The difference in the 2008 team and this team is simply Kobe. He would fight everyone on LG if that is what it took to win. I like Lebron and have been a fan since he came into the league but he isn’t that player. He won’t give up but seems to tolerate losing. Add in the mature 2008-2011 Pau, he was more advanced at what it takes to win than AD. Most players at this level are extremely talented, it is the mental approach that separates the greats from the good.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dwight is soft though he has shown some good mental toughness this year.

The difference in the 2008 team and this team is simply Kobe. He would fight everyone on LG if that is what it took to win. I like Lebron and have been a fan since he came into the league but he isn’t that player. He won’t give up but seems to tolerate losing. Add in the mature 2008-2011 Pau, he was more advanced at what it takes to win than AD. Most players at this level are extremely talented, it is the mental approach that separates the greats from the good.

I agree 100%, VLF.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject:

I also agree with the mental aspect.

Lebron and AD are as talented as anybody. Their true test is how they handle the playoff moments.

Lebron doesn’t have the excuse of the 4 all star warriors. So he can’t just settle or fade like he has against the Clippers and Bucks.

AD has to show that when the opponent gets in his face, he doesn’t just start losing position on the court and start fading away...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject:

It's not fair to compare anyone to Kobe's fighting persona. He's a rarity. He's Jordan-esque. Basketball was Kobe's existence. His fluid transition to every day to day shows he's special. Put Nike's on a bear, help the bear.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
It's not fair to put anyone in Kobe's fighting persona. He's a rarity. He's Jordan-esque. Basketball was Kobe's existence. His transition to every day to day shows he's special. Put Nike's on a bear, help the bear.

And that’s fine, but that’s the Lakers need the playmaker/shooting help. When Lebron fades or is reluctant, he relies on a Ray Allen, Kyrie Irving and DWade.

So we better get some help knowing that Lebron is not that clutch shot type of player and the only proven guy really is Green and we know he’s streaky.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject:

I don’t agree with the soft label. We are not a jump shot, quiche loving, feel the Bern type of team.

Because we are not a bunch of hacks, and don’t throw real punches, doesn’t make us soft.

Every team needs some type A players and a tough guy or two. Kareem, Wilkes, plenty of skill guys have won rings for us.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:34 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Don't forget load manage. Hard guys just aren't at the top of their games without rest and beauty sleep.
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
governator wrote:

Don't forget load manage. Hard guys just aren't at the top of their games without rest and beauty sleep.

NBA players calling each other "soft," are like pygmies calling each other "short."
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Wait until DMC gets back. See how soft the Lakers are
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject:

I agree with SAS. Lebron is probably the only one I'd argue is playing insanely harded, given his age and mileage, although he's taking things lightly compared to previous years, when he just rammed defenses with drives...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject:

79 “soft” half time points. Fear that?
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Man Lebron told him to say that
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9
Jump to: