SAS: "Nobody fears the Lakers, players around the Leauge say they're Soft"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Mavs and Rockets to me are what I term soft teams - stars who rely on the referees and flopping.

Clippers is like the small guy who thinks he's from the hood and thinks he's hardcore ghetto or something but whine and cry when things don't go their way.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Technically, Lebron does play soft against the quality teams, and to an extent, so does AD. That may not be a popular sentiment, and but it's true.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: SAS: "Nobody fears the Lakers, players around the Leauge say they're Soft"

Dr. Laker wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Quote:
SAS: "No one questions the talent of the Lakers. You have 2 of the top 5 players in the world. You know what they bring to the table talent wise. But nobody fears them. You have people literally saying: 'they're soft, we can get at them. We believe we can go at them, get physical with them, compromise them a little bit, if not flat out take their heart. That's what we believe about the Lakers'. I'm telling you that's what I've been told by players."

https://twitter.com/TheLakersReview/status/1214943615710982144

Guess is his "source" for this are the Clippers.

30-7.

Regular season record is pretty meaningless when you are playing a series that goes 7.
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Most people in every sports don't fear another.

So, I don't know what the point is?

And if our record better than their record, what does it say? They are softer?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Technically, Lebron does play soft against the quality teams, and to an extent, so does AD. That may not be a popular sentiment, and but it's true.

I agree and that’s why this team needs more help.

PG13 can be soft too or clank shots and Kawhi can disappear a little like he did during some of the raptors run, but they have/had more help.

Too much is on Lebron and AD, which is why we need more playmaking and shooting.

I would say the Lakers are too star dependent if anything. Other teams are too like the Rockets and Bucks.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:32 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:

Refs
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject:

It's a good thing it's basketball and not mma. If it was the jail blazers and thuggets would have both 3 peated.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject:

SAS: “I’ll scream whatever opinion that’s gonna get me the most views and clicks”.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The LakeShow is officially back. Feels good to be hated again.

This!!!
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject:

So.
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Hilarious to see how you all lose your (bleep) just because SAS called your idols "soft". "Must have been the Clippers, he's making (bleep) up!" - yeah, right I've told you weeks ago that the Lakers are too soft mentally and you called me a troll, maybe SAS is just trolling, too? The hard truth is that this team is soft as (bleep) and that is for everyone to see. How many times were they flagrantly fouled and didn't even care to complain to the ref or confront the opponent the last 10 games alone? Remember Beverley? What about Portis yesterday? No reaction at all, embarrassing. This is a team that can easily be bullied and intimidated and the rest of the league is starting to take notice, so you better get used to getting pushed around. If players like Dudley and Rondo don't care to react in those situations, I don't know why they are still on the roster. If you can't play legit NBA-basketball any more, at least stand up for your teammates, fake tough-guys.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Pretty boys... maybe lol, soft... no. we also got Rondo, Caruso, Bradley, Dudley and Dwight, I could see any of em scrap if need to
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Regarding SAS's comment about Kawhi saying "dont be scared to guard me Lebron," Lou responds with:

Quote:
Lou Williams @TeamLou23
🧢

For those that dont know, that means "cap," where Lou is saying SAS's statement is a lie pretty much.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Speaking anonymously through Stephen A. Smith is soft.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't feel much fear either if i was getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to play a children's game.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Regarding SAS's comment about Kawhi saying "dont be scared to guard me Lebron," Lou responds with:

Quote:
Lou Williams @TeamLou23
🧢

For those that dont know, that means "cap," where Lou is saying SAS's statement is a lie pretty much.

Also, this was SAS's own tweet about not having talked to Kawhi. Hahaha. He's straight up click baiting.

Quote:
Stephen A Smith
@stephenasmith

Of course I didn’t speak to Kawhi. Who does? But I’ll tell you, I DID hear he said THIS about @KingJames guarding him. And if this is true, that’s even more of a reason to pray for a @Lakers vs @Clippers Conference Finals this May.

Man. Remember when media guys used to be professional?
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
epak wrote:

Quote:
Lou Williams @TeamLou23
🧢

Also, this was SAS's own tweet about not having talked to Kawhi. Hahaha. He's straight up click baiting.

Quote:
Stephen A Smith
@stephenasmith

Of course I didn’t speak to Kawhi. Who does? But I’ll tell you, I DID hear he said THIS about @KingJames guarding him. And if this is true, that’s even more of a reason to pray for a @Lakers vs @Clippers Conference Finals this May.

Nope.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:08 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
epak wrote:

Quote:
Lou Williams @TeamLou23
🧢

Quote:
Stephen A Smith
@stephenasmith

A little, yeah..
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject:

90% of the nba will change their tune when the playoffs rolls around. We play unfocused at times, I think because all the vets on the team know it’s a marathon not a sprint. Some of them probably are bored of the regular season at this point.

Most nights I see us giving the bare minimum effort to win as a team. Main thing is getting through the regular season healthy. It may come off as lazy or soft at times but the intensity and effort will ramp up in April.

And then we’ll see who still calling us soft.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject:

meh
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Patrick Beverly is his source.

All Patrick Beverly needs to do is knee LeBron in the groin again and they will have taken out our “heart.”

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
epak wrote:
epak wrote:

Quote:
Lou Williams @TeamLou23
🧢

Quote:
Stephen A Smith
@stephenasmith

Nope.

Crazy thing is he makes twice as much as Frank Vogel does a year.
Ridiculous.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject:

This is why I pretty much just completely stopped listening to both SAS and Skippy who just implied Melo might be better then Lebron this season

They're both just striving on the new extreme click bait era where they purposely say outlandish things that cause tons of clicks and mentions resulting in massive pay days since the networks see them as being great for ratings. Nothing more then a sports TMZ most of the time which I personally have zero interest in.

Lebron is known to start turning it up even more after the all star break, I can guarantee no team wants to play the Lakers in the Playoffs if they are healthy. All the top teams should feel they are better though, nothing special about that. I remember the Nuggets always thinking they were better then the Lakers but Kobe routinely shut them tf up. Lebron will be doing the same thing this year.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
Hilarious to see how you all lose your (bleep) just because SAS called your idols "soft". "Must have been the Clippers, he's making (bleep) up!" - yeah, right I've told you weeks ago that the Lakers are too soft mentally and you called me a troll, maybe SAS is just trolling, too? The hard truth is that this team is soft as (bleep) and that is for everyone to see. How many times were they flagrantly fouled and didn't even care to complain to the ref or confront the opponent the last 10 games alone? Remember Beverley? What about Portis yesterday? No reaction at all, embarrassing. This is a team that can easily be bullied and intimidated and the rest of the league is starting to take notice, so you better get used to getting pushed around. If players like Dudley and Rondo don't care to react in those situations, I don't know why they are still on the roster. If you can't play legit NBA-basketball any more, at least stand up for your teammates, fake tough-guys.

SAS’s whole Schtick is to troll while screaming to generate clicks and controversy for views.
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:12 pm    Post subject:

then what does that make the teams that lose to the lakers
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9
Jump to: