SAS: "Nobody fears the Lakers, players around the Leauge say they're Soft"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Regarding SAS's comment about Kawhi saying "dont be scared to guard me Lebron," Lou responds with:

Quote:
Lou Williams @TeamLou23
🧢

For those that dont know, that means "cap," where Lou is saying SAS's statement is a lie pretty much.

Lou went further:

I’m not sure. I just know I’ve never heard him say anything close to that about anybody. He just compete

https://twitter.com/TeamLou23/status/1215032858135252992

Heh, doesn't want to face this come playoff time

https://giphy.com/gifs/v0HX7S5TJhBIs

#AngryLebron
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject:

getting the lakers haters ready for when we get that 3rd star
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:19 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
epak wrote:
Regarding SAS's comment about Kawhi saying "dont be scared to guard me Lebron," Lou responds with:

Quote:
Lou Williams @TeamLou23
🧢

For those that dont know, that means "cap," where Lou is saying SAS's statement is a lie pretty much.

Lou went further:

I’m not sure. I just know I’ve never heard him say anything close to that about anybody. He just compete

https://twitter.com/TeamLou23/status/1215032858135252992

Heh, doesn't want to face this come playoff time

https://giphy.com/gifs/v0HX7S5TJhBIs

#AngryLebron

SAS is pure 🧢🧢🧢
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject:

It's shocking no-one has whipped Steven a ass then again he's probably one of those simps that talk (bleep) then threatens to sue when you step to him.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject:

We have a completely new roster and our franchise player is in his 17th year. Why would anyone fear us? Move along

As of now everyone not named Bucks would have to play 4 of 7 at Staples so let’s see....
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:37 pm    Post subject:

If you are scared, get a dog.

(I am scared that may have already been quoted in this thread)
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:06 am    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
Hilarious to see how you all lose your (bleep) just because SAS called your idols "soft". "Must have been the Clippers, he's making (bleep) up!" - yeah, right I've told you weeks ago that the Lakers are too soft mentally and you called me a troll, maybe SAS is just trolling, too? The hard truth is that this team is soft as (bleep) and that is for everyone to see. How many times were they flagrantly fouled and didn't even care to complain to the ref or confront the opponent the last 10 games alone? Remember Beverley? What about Portis yesterday? No reaction at all, embarrassing. This is a team that can easily be bullied and intimidated and the rest of the league is starting to take notice, so you better get used to getting pushed around. If players like Dudley and Rondo don't care to react in those situations, I don't know why they are still on the roster. If you can't play legit NBA-basketball any more, at least stand up for your teammates, fake tough-guys.

10 second mark- LeBron goes right to Portis' face
16 second mark- Rondo pulls Portis from behind and gets in his face.

But don't let facts get in the way of your argument
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:39 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Carushow wrote:
Hilarious to see how you all lose your (bleep) just because SAS called your idols "soft". "Must have been the Clippers, he's making (bleep) up!" - yeah, right I've told you weeks ago that the Lakers are too soft mentally and you called me a troll, maybe SAS is just trolling, too? The hard truth is that this team is soft as (bleep) and that is for everyone to see. How many times were they flagrantly fouled and didn't even care to complain to the ref or confront the opponent the last 10 games alone? Remember Beverley? What about Portis yesterday? No reaction at all, embarrassing. This is a team that can easily be bullied and intimidated and the rest of the league is starting to take notice, so you better get used to getting pushed around. If players like Dudley and Rondo don't care to react in those situations, I don't know why they are still on the roster. If you can't play legit NBA-basketball any more, at least stand up for your teammates, fake tough-guys.

Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:55 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Carushow wrote:

Nobody "gets in his face" here, LBJ and RR merely try to calm Portis down half-heartedly, looking insecure and shocked while doing so. That behaviour won't prevent anyone from pulling stunts like this in the future.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:29 am    Post subject:

Rondo and Portis are friends. Portis was one of the young guys on the team that Rondo sides with when Jimmy Butler was putting them down. My assumption, but it’s a very good one.

Lebron James shouldn’t have to stick up for any teammates. That’s not his job.

Last edited by AFireInside619 on Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:34 am    Post subject:

The whole league is soft. This isn't this late 80s or 90s. being physical will get you thrown out of the game in the playoffs and hurt your team.
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:12 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

Lebron James should have to stick up for any teammates. That’s not his job.

No, he really shouldn't. Like I said, I thought that's what Dudley was here for. If he can't stick up for his teammates, I don't know why he still has a spot on the roster. He wasn't signed for his 3 point-shooting.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:24 am    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Lebron James shouldn’t have to stick up for any teammates. That’s not his job.

No, he really shouldn't. Like I said, I thought that's what Dudley was here for. If he can't stick up for his teammates, I don't know why he still has a spot on the roster. He wasn't signed for his 3 point-shooting.

I miss Ingram...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:39 am    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Even if it means suspension and fines for getting off the bench?

Last edited by epak on Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:57 am    Post subject:

Even though this is grade A+ baloney from (bleep) A Smith...I hope players believe in it. Get angry.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:27 am    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
2019 wrote:
Carushow wrote:

Nobody "gets in his face" here, LBJ and RR merely try to calm Portis down half-heartedly, looking insecure and shocked while doing so. That behaviour won't prevent anyone from pulling stunts like this in the future.

First you said nobody reacted. Now you're moving the goal posts and said they merely tried to calm him down. Which is it?

And is it calming him down or chastising him for doing it? Seems appropriate versus running up and swinging on a dude's head for revenge. You know, so they don't get find $25-50K or miss games which causes he team to lose he game, etc. Perhaps their mission is to win a ring and not throw down over a situation where nothing all that bad really even happened. Didn't Portis come out and profusely apologize.. yup. Seems like LeBron's and Rondo's point was received.

"Stunts" like that happen every night in the NBA. Some accidental, some on purpose. I didn't really even see the intent to hurt.... just a trash player who has terrible defensive awareness and non-existent timing. Portis did it again last night. Nonetheless, it happened, KCP was fine and you move on towards to goal.. a ring.

Are you overly sensitive to every situation that presents itself in life? Maybe just maybe you're the insecure one who needs to flex fake bravado to seem tough and imposing when it's not all that necessary. Maybe you're the guy playing pickup trying to start fights all game long. Or maybe you're just Byron Scott and you want to meet in Temecula.

Wooosaahhh.
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject:

I don't understand why everyone is getting worked up about this when there is some truth to it! Now whether or not Stephen A's sources are accurate, I don't really care but I like that he is highlighting how SOFT Lebron and AD are when it comes to playing the tough opponents. I can't wait to see how they both respond!

Quite frankly, I hope Kawhi really did say that behind close doors. Lebron seems to be afraid to face Kawhi from the two games I've seen. That needs to change dramatically if we're going to beat the Clippers.
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:48 am    Post subject:

Again, the facts are AD is averaging 7.5 rpg against these guys, Lebron is shooting less than 40% and Kawhi has dominated the match-ups in both occasions. We are 0-2 against them, choking both 4th quarters where our superstars were no-shows. Sure we show up against the sub 500 teams but it means nothing if we continue to lose to these guys.

I don't blame the Clippers if they think we are soft! I'm glad Stephen A continues to call out Lebron (remember how excited Lebron was at half-time to run and jump into Kevin Hart's lap despite the groin injury?). Don't hate the messenger! You can question the sources, but don't hate the messenger.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:01 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
It's shocking no-one has whipped Steven a ass then again he's probably one of those simps that talk (bleep) then threatens to sue when you step to him.

When Steven A got his 1st big contract, he would roll in LA with private security. Rock stars, movie moguls and sports MVPs come into Starbucks by themselves every morning and this fool has to bring private muscle.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:43 am    Post subject:

This could possibly make some sense if we had teams in the league that would be able to use that to their advantage. The 2004 Pistons or 2008 Celtics aren't walking through that door, though, so the point is moot.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject:

If this was a fight..... i would be worried. Since its basketball...... no worries.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
2019 wrote:
Carushow wrote:

Portis clocked one of our role players and we went on to pound them by 30. Dwight even hit a 3 in their faces for an extra dose of humiliation.

I guess my question to you would be why would you expect this to happen again in the future?
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject:

How many teams other than the Bucks and Clips are undefeated against us this year? Those are pretty much the only teams that shouldn't "fear" us. Everyone else has A LOT to worry about when facing us.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:42 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Carushow wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Who is going to notice if he is suspended?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:44 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
Carushow wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Who is going to notice if he is suspended?

LG.
Are you on team Carushow about Duds jumping off the bench?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9
Jump to: