Official LA RAMS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 229, 230, 231, 232  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Peter Schrager released his first mock draft, and I'm going to comment on this because the angle he takes with the Rams at 19 is eyebrow-raising. Schrager has been an extremely accurate mock drafter in the past, although in more recent years his track record is a little more spotty. However, what's notable about Schrager is that he's very, very plugged in and has team sources throughout the league. So when he offers anything beyond just a guess, I tend to take notice. Of course, virtually everyone is mocking to the Rams a defensive tackle or edge rusher, with perhaps some going with a corner. But certainly, most are mocking a defensive player to the Rams. Not Schrager. This was his specific quote about the Rams' pick at 19 (he has them taking OT Tyler Guyton):

"I'll go on record with something of a guarantee here: If the Rams do not trade back, you better believe Sean McVay's first-ever first-round selection will be an offensive player."

This is very interesting to me. Maybe we think this is the right draft to get a potential franchise LT? Could be we open to taking one of the second-tier WR's (obviously, the top 3 guys won't be there), if we're really worried about Kupp's health? Or, if Stafford has made it clear to us privately that he's truly year-to-year and could consider retirement (a la what Donald apparently did), could we actually consider a QB? As I said before, if we took Nix at 19, I would be disgusted. At least I think Penix has legit upside with that golden arm of his.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:18 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Sources: The #Rams are flying to Happy Valley today for a private visit with Penn State pass rusher and projected 1st-rounder Chop Robinson.

Sean McVay and Co. hold the 19th pick in the draft.

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1780602768086139055?t=yJerZP7XVK-ukBlRy0eX5g&s=19
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:01 am    Post subject:

Quote:
NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah said Rams have ammo to trade up from 19th overall, but also wouldn't rule out trading back to accumulate more picks given how GM Les Snead likes to operate.

If stick & pick, ID'd DT Byron Murphy or 1 of 3 best available EDGEs as obvious routes.

https://twitter.com/StuJRams/status/1780655800899506557?t=vaRfg7DQCDAPz-r6mpqIiw&s=19
Alpha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait for the draft. Hard not to "trust the process" with what Snead/McVay have done recently.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:11 am    Post subject:

Rams great Roman Gabriel has passed away 1940-2024.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:53 pm    Post subject:

"With the 19th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Los Angeles Rams select...Xavier Worthy, Wide Receiver, Texas."

Calling my shot. My final mock will include this pick and explain why.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:55 am    Post subject:

I have been hearing reports that the Rams could select an offensive player with the 19th pick. I'm also hearing reports they could move up in the draft.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
According to BetMGM, offensive line now has the best odds to be the first position drafted by the Rams at +115. Second is defensive lineman/edge at +150, with wide receiver being third at +800.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2024/04/21/rams-nfl-draft-odds-position-drafted-first-offensive-line/
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Need to replace AD and we got a decent receiver core as is so the dline or online makes sense if we keep the 19th pick
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:22 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Need to replace AD and we got a decent receiver core as is so the dline or online makes sense if we keep the 19th pick

I was totally thinking DL/Edge before Schrager's comments, and the betting market has shifted dramatically since. Maybe the Rams think they've hit on a lot of DL pieces already and want a shiny offensive toy for McVay in the 1st Round, given how often they've found gems in the middle rounds. Maybe they think this is a luxury pick, I don't know. I'm not saying that this is what I would do, but I really think it's going to be OL or WR now. If there's no trade up or down (and Snead loves to work the board in both directions), the likely targets at 19 for OL would be Mims and Guyton, unless Fashanu slips somehow. At WR, I think we'd be looking at Worthy and Brian Thomas Jr., although the latter apparently needs labrum surgery (that's some specific intel I've picked up in my scouring the mock community, so he could drop on draft day).
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:12 am    Post subject:

Draft day!.

Daniel Jeremiah has the Rams 19th pick going to the commanders.

Pete Schrager has the Rams 19th pick going to the chiefs.

Last edited by 32 on Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:11 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Rams, who haven't picked in the first round since 2016, are calling to get into the top 10, per sources.

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1783552423832764925?t=_chGZfGzWhir7LAVyQjBcQ&s=19

Quote:
More on this, per sources…from what I’ve gathered so far this morning, Rams are checking prices on a number of different possible moves - up into the top 10, and down. To me, staying at 19 would be surprising.

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1783556531151335672?t=9e-vG5sULFLVKqyyf0nk_A&s=19
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:50 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
The Rams, who haven't picked in the first round since 2016, are calling to get into the top 10, per sources.

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1783552423832764925?t=_chGZfGzWhir7LAVyQjBcQ&s=19

Quote:
More on this, per sources…from what I’ve gathered so far this morning, Rams are checking prices on a number of different possible moves - up into the top 10, and down. To me, staying at 19 would be surprising.

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1783556531151335672?t=9e-vG5sULFLVKqyyf0nk_A&s=19

This means that LAR is hunting for a QB. Minne is at pick #11 and Denver is at pick #12 and both are likely to snatch QBs; Minne might even move up further.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:58 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

This means that LAR is hunting for a QB. Minne is at pick #11 and Denver is at pick #12 and both are likely to snatch QBs; Minne might even move up further.

I don't happen to agree with that. I think they are looking to move into the top 10 for one of the blue-chip, premium offensive players. To me that screams one of the top 3 WR's (likely Odunze or Nabers), or Brock Bowers, OR one of the top OL, like a franchise LT type (and that seems like either Alt or Fashanu to me). Atlanta at 8 is a dot-connecting possible trade partner. The ties in both buildings run deep, as Raheem Morris obviously just came from the Rams and Les Snead used to work for the Falcons. The Falcons are one of the few teams picking in the top 10 that are looking at defensive players, so if they drop to 19, with the huge run on offensive players that we're going to see in the top 18 with a bevy of OL, at least 3 WR, and possbily 5 QB's, they would still almost certainly have their choice of one of the top 3 edge rushers or one of the top 2 DT's at 19. And they'd likely get either the Rams' 1st Round pick in 2025, or #52 this year and a '25 2nd. I'd also add that Atlanta is likely looking at getting penalized a draft pick or picks in next year's draft for the Kirk Cousins tampering thing. And we know the Rams are hyper-aggressive with 1st Round picks and think they can mine starters later in drafts, so I don't think they would bat an eye at parting with next year's 1st or this year's 2nd and a 2nd next year.

In sum, I could see the Rams moving up to #8 for Odunze/Nabers (whichever one of them is there, as one of them is quite likely to be), Bowers, or possibly Fashanu, in that order of preference. If it's Alt, they'd likely have to move up even ahead of #8, and I don't find that especially likely, but I suppose you never know.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Stafford is getting long in the tooth. I find it curious that the Rams are hunting for a spot right before two QB-hungry teams.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Dianna Russini
@DMRussini

The Rams are pursuing this trade into the top 10 with a specific player in mind and it's not a quarterback, per sources.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Per NFL league source… Falcons open for business at #8..
One possibility for a dance partner… LA Rams

https://twitter.com/ZachKleinWSB/status/1783590202486714478?t=DzQ0C_r7Cytk7JD9j4ohUg&s=19
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:38 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Per NFL league source… Falcons open for business at #8..
One possibility for a dance partner… LA Rams

https://twitter.com/ZachKleinWSB/status/1783590202486714478?t=DzQ0C_r7Cytk7JD9j4ohUg&s=19

I really need to be doing this for a living. I don't even have sources and I can connect the dots. For the record, what I posted about LAR-ATL was 15 minutes before this tweet. Come on baby, let's do this! Nabers, Odunze, or Bowers. Let's speak it into existence!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Rams tryed to trade up to get Brock Bowers. Couldn't get it done.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:11 pm    Post subject:

The Rams are on the clock...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:11 pm    Post subject:

One pick away. Strange draft so far. Rams will have tons of good options.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:18 pm    Post subject:

On the clock!
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:19 pm    Post subject:

I wonderv if we're going CB.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:20 pm    Post subject:

With the 19th pick in the 2024 Draft the Rams select DE Jared Verse.

Last edited by 32 on Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Verse. Sensible. Hard worker. Older prospect, which fits what we typically go for. Seasoned. Ready to play.

I'm never trusting Schrager again lol.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 229, 230, 231, 232  Next
Page 230 of 232
Jump to: