BLACK LIVES MATTER (Please Continue to Say Their Names) - DALANEO MARTIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
You left out the fact that the suspect was running away with an empty taser when he was shot in the back, with another bullet hitting the car with three bystanders in it (it’s a violation of policy to fire at a suspect running away, and into the direction of bystanders), that the officer immediately and gleefully yelled “got him”, and proceeded to kick him and then ignore medical attention for him.

But hey, if this is the hill you want to die on...

Apparently the taser wasn't empty.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:51 pm    Post subject:

cisternachyli wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
You left out the fact that the suspect was running away with an empty taser when he was shot in the back, with another bullet hitting the car with three bystanders in it (it’s a violation of policy to fire at a suspect running away, and into the direction of bystanders), that the officer immediately and gleefully yelled “got him”, and proceeded to kick him and then ignore medical attention for him.

Atlanta DA said it was empty. Will be interesting to see what the other officer Brosnan says. But word is he's working with the DA.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Lots of rumors of police walkouts in Atlanta with conflicting reports.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:21 pm    Post subject:

cisternachyli wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Maybe it wasn't. Some tasers are 2 shot loaded. At any rate, as far as I know tasers aren't considered lethal weapons. Also to my knowledge they're only effective in a 6 ft range. If this is true Brooks was well beyond the effective range.

EDIT:
Watching MSNBC. DA said the taser had been fired once. If that in fact is true the gun was empty.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:
Steve Deace @ SteveDeaceShow · 3h
Just got this email from an Atlanta police officer:

"Atlanta police officers are refusing to answer the radio and walking off of the job. The county can go screw themselves. If you want a society without police we’ll give you one. Let it burn!"

https://twitter.com/SteveDeaceShow/status/1273376039155179525

Good riddance. If not being able to gun down black people makes you want to quit your job. You shouldn't have a badge in the first place.

Furthermore, this exemplifies how systemically ingrained a sense of entitlement to unaccountability is within law enforcement.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Corey78 wrote:
I don't doubt that may be the training. But there is a difference between training and the field, particularly in moments which require "split second" decisions. I'm not disagreeing with you, but this is what the officer will argue. It all happened so fast.

It doesn't matter how fast it happened. There was no justification for lethal force.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
cisternachyli wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Maybe it wasn't. Some tasers are 2 shot loaded. At any rate, as far as I know tasers aren't considered lethal weapons. Also to my knowledge they're only effective in a 6 ft range. If this is true Brooks was well beyond the effective range.

I agree with you, but according to GA law, they are considered lethal weapons when not in the hands of peace officers. I don't think letting Brooks run away is an acceptable action, but at the very least, shoot the guy in the leg or another body part that would at least immobilize him, not kill him. He didn't need to die. I just wish he hadn't ran.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject:

cisternachyli wrote:
jodeke wrote:
cisternachyli wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I agree with you, but according to GA law, they are considered lethal weapons when not in the hands of peace officers. I don't think letting Brooks run away is an acceptable action, but at the very least, shoot the guy in the leg or another body part that would at least immobilize him, not kill him. He didn't need to die. I just wish he hadn't ran.

I wish he hadn't run too. However I factor George Floyd and surmise he may have been the one in fear of his life.

I don't know Georgia law. Will you link your proof of the law regarding a taser being a lethal weapon?

It's my understanding both officers mishandled the arrest. He wasn't told he was under arrest or what the charge was. In something like 41 minutes or so that should have been done.

Shooting someone in the leg is something the Lone Ranger would do.

If you shoot someone in the leg, or other body part you can sever a vital artery and the person can bleed out. Policemen are not taught to wound or incapacitate. It's my understanding they are taught to shoot at body mass. I think that's in the chest area.

Watching late news it's being reported the laser had been fired once so it was empty.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject:

cisternachyli wrote:
jodeke wrote:
cisternachyli wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I expect his wife and family wishes that too but he did.

Maybe he was afraid of the cops, Lord knows he had reason to be. Maybe he was afraid he'd be locked up over the weekend and miss his daughter's birthday. Maybe he was afraid his wife would be upset at him getting arrested since it sounds like they were working thru some things. Maybe he was afraid he'd lose his job in a time when so many are unemployed.

Whatever his reasons, nothing justifies shooting him in the back as he was running away. Nothing.
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
cisternachyli wrote:
jodeke wrote:
cisternachyli wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I wish he hadn't run too. However I factor George Floyd and surmise he may have been the one in fear of his life.

I don't know Georgia law. Will you link your proof of the law regarding a taser being a lethal weapon?

It's my understanding both officers mishandled the arrest. He wasn't told he was under arrest or what the charge was. In something like 41 minutes or so that should have been done.

If you shoot someone in the leg, or other body part you can sever a vital artery and the person can bleed out. Policemen are not taught to wound or incapacitate. It's my understanding they are taught to shoot at body mass. I think that's in the chest area.

Watching late news it's being reported the laser had been fired once so it was empty.

True, you can sever a vital artery but there are ways to avoid that. I had heard about the GA law a few days ago on reddit. Too tired to go look it up now, but it was discussed several times. Apparently the taser had been fired once but I had heard there was another cartridge inside...
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
cisternachyli wrote:
jodeke wrote:
cisternachyli wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I expect his wife and family wishes that too but he did.

Maybe he was afraid of the cops, Lord knows he had reason to be. Maybe he was afraid he'd be locked up over the weekend and miss his daughter's birthday. Maybe he was afraid his wife would be upset at him getting arrested since it sounds like they were working thru some things. Maybe he was afraid he'd lose his job in a time when so many are unemployed.

Whatever his reasons, nothing justifies shooting him in the back as he was running away. Nothing.

They shouldn't have shot him in the back. He shouldn't have grabbed the taser and tried to fire that at the officers. He shouldn't haven't driven drunk in the first place. Why people choose to do this, without sobering up first, is still a mystery to me.
Jhin0821
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:43 pm    Post subject:

This guy was a real winner. Let's add drinking and driving, then resisting. Crimes against children are the worst, yet people will show up for a televised memorial?

Brooks had previously been convicted of False Imprisonment, Simple Battery/Family, Battery Simple and Felony Cruelty/Cruelty to Children, the Daily Mail reported

He had reportedly pleaded guilty to charges dating back to August 2014.

The dad-of-four was sentenced to one year in prison and six on probation for one count, and 12 months for each of the three other counts.

After a revised sentencing, he was sent back to prison in July 2016.

In December 2019, a warrant was issued for his arrest, which was revoked a month later.
NMLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:13 pm    Post subject:

So? What does that have to do with what happened?
Corey78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Jhin0821 wrote:
This guy was a real winner. Let's add drinking and driving, then resisting. Crimes against children are the worst, yet people will show up for a televised memorial?

Brooks had previously been convicted of False Imprisonment, Simple Battery/Family, Battery Simple and Felony Cruelty/Cruelty to Children, the Daily Mail reported

The dad-of-four was sentenced to one year in prison and six on probation for one count, and 12 months for each of the three other counts.

In December 2019, a warrant was issued for his arrest, which was revoked a month later.

Its not clear what his previous convictions, none of which the officers knew of when they attempted to arrest him for DUI, have to do with this case. Does a six year old conviction mean the officers were justified in shooting him? Does a six year old conviction transform a taser--which could not work to begin with--into a deadly weapon. Does a six year old conviction mean an officer can shoot someone in the back while the person is fleeing? C'mon...do better.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Jhin0821 wrote:

Clearly a guy who deserved the death penalty.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Jhin0821 wrote:

Definitely all capital crimes. Surprised they waited this long to execute him.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:32 am    Post subject:

cisternachyli wrote:
jodeke wrote:
cisternachyli wrote:
jodeke wrote:
cisternachyli wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

True, you can sever a vital artery but there are ways to avoid that. I had heard about the GA law a few days ago on reddit. Too tired to go look it up now, but it was discussed several times. Apparently the taser had been fired once but I had heard there was another cartridge inside...

How do you avoid tearing a vital artery when you shoot someone on the run?

When you find time link the law. I found this
Quote:
Stun Gun Laws in Georgia

You don’t need a permit to buy a stun gun or Taser in Georgia, but there are a few restrictions on where and how these weapons may be used.

By E.A. Gjelten
That doesn't seem to be a law that would govern a lethal weapon.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:26 am; edited 3 times in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:47 am    Post subject:

#WhiteStrike is trending on twitter. And people are using the hashtag to say some of the most racist stuff I've seen online.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:35 am    Post subject:

Jhin0821 wrote:

Pay attention COWARD BOY. Coward Boy because you have no heart.

You are profiling the victim

Profile the cops who murdered him
Profile ALLLLLLLLL THEIR FAILURES THAT NIGHT. DIG INTO THEIR PAST

BROOKS EVER MURDER OR TAKE A HUMAN LIFE??

THEN STFU AND PROFILE THE MURDERERS MISTAKES

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/06/rayshard-brooks-officer-charged-felony-murder-200617191732974.html

Never told him he was under arrest WELL WELL WELL
"Got Him! " LIKE IT WAS SUCH A SCARY MOMENT... HE seemed giddy to kill

Then they go and kick his dying body and stand on his hand and shoulder

Your heroes were too stupid to de-escalate the situation. Their stupidity and lack of respect for their job got the EMPTY taser stolen from them.

Never told he was under arrest yet getting fkn tasered. I'd love to watch YOU get tasered and see what you do. Curl up in a ball and thank your abusers for not shooting you yet?

Go to the mirror and apologize to humanity and God for choosing to celebrate murder instead of Justice!

And Chapelle knows you smell BAD!

Guess what

Kelly Thomas resisted arrest too. 6 disgusting excuses for human beings, heroes to things like you, beat this man WORSE WORSE THAN RODNEY KING..as he BEGGED for his life. They murdered him for fun.

They all got off from charges and the cold blooded bloody murder too

Got any good snuff films you can share?

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-google&source=android-browser&q=kelly+thomas+murder
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:45 am    Post subject:

Trolls don't matter. You--quality posters and LG regulars--please remember that.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:

While also endangering the lives of bystanders.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:33 am    Post subject:

Officer charged with assault in Rayshard Brooks case and lawyer speak out

LINK

MY AVATAR

Jhin0821
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Jhin0821 wrote:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/06/rayshard-brooks-officer-charged-felony-murder-200617191732974.html

Your heroes were too stupid to de-escalate the situation. Their stupidity and lack of respect for their job got the EMPTY taser stolen from them.

Never told he was under arrest yet getting fkn tasered. I'd love to watch YOU get tasered and see what you do. Curl up in a ball and thank your abusers for not shooting you yet?

Go to the mirror and apologize to humanity and God for choosing to celebrate murder instead of Justice!

Guess what

Kelly Thomas resisted arrest too. 6 disgusting excuses for human beings, heroes to things like you, beat this man WORSE WORSE THAN RODNEY KING..as he BEGGED for his life. They murdered him for fun.

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-google&source=android-browser&q=kelly+thomas+murder

And it didn't become a race issue. Why? It's not a race issue now but that's what you are being told to believe. Picking bad cops and improper training.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Jhin0821 wrote:
Jhin0821 wrote:

Guess what

And it didn't become a race issue. Why? It's not a race issue now but that's what you are being told to believe. Picking bad cops and improper training.

I've had about enough of this.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Jhin0821 wrote:
Jhin0821 wrote:

Guess what

I've had about enough of this.

I directly warned him about this previously in this thread.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 45 of 76
Jump to: