What are your most Controversial opinions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject:

npz with the ooze?!

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:55 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
npz with the ooze?!

At least it wasn't in my arse, that's what I've convinced myself. I remember not too long ago one of those real life in the ER shows on Discov Health Chan and it had a segment on a young woman who developed an abscess or MRSA or somethin of that nature next to her unholy hole and she couldn't even attempt to squeeze it because it was too close to her unlucky star to get good enough purchase. They had to drain it w/ her ass sticking thru the germ draping with a bunch of people and a camera in the room and they showed all this beige nougat moving up the drainage tube, haha. Doc used a syringe to suck all the chowder out of there. And it was a big plastic syringe and it was damn near full by the end of the procedure. Imagine how mortifying that would be. Soap, Fernie. That's what it's all about. Soap up your unlucky stars, Laker Nation!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:32 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
I just successfully popped an ingrown hair and feel like I achieved a small victory. You wanna see the gunk that came out? You'll wanna eat it, I guarantee you! Looks like nougat. Haven't had that much fun since I was a teen popping zits. People enjoy popping zits and blemishes and those who say they don't are lying. If that weren't a curious thing about humans, there wouldn't be a Dr. Pimple Popper w/ copious views. Carlin had a bit on that weird human phenomenon.

No small victory there, that's one of the most satisfying things there is. The more gunk the better.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Modern medicine keeping old farts alive and well and in positions and homes we should have.

Wow. That’s got to be the ultimate selfish whine. People not dying fast enough for you so you can get their jobs and homes. 😂

My problem with the old farts using modern medicine is that the ones that want everything else to be like the old days, but reap the benefits of new day medicine with zero care for the progress in other areas. I say you need to pick a day— either all “back in my day” or all modern/progressive. I’m only half serious lol
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
There is no more useless and whiny generation than Millenials.

When I think of the people who refused to wear masks the past 15 months. And what generations they were from. Millenials are pretty low on the list.

And I can't think of anything more selfish and whiny than the excuses said people used for refusing to do so.

When I see those who refuse to wear masks, I see people of every generation, and fairly evenly so. What non-maskers have in common is not age, but political affiliation and lack of intellect.

I think of college students (the Gen Z-ers Omar praised over Millenials) and Trump supporters (skew older than the Millennial generation) making asses of themselves in stores, dmvs, restaurants, gyms, etc. By putting other people's lives at risk.

But now that I think more about it. I'm sure people 60 and up did a good job overall wearing masks. Not because they are more considerate or collaborative. Just because they were selfish and didn't want to die.

To be fair, young people of any generation are not that good at risk analysis (humans in general aren’t to begin with), being inclined to not yet understand or appreciate mortality. I wasn’t really talking about covid response so much as generational attitudes about little in general. The boomers were the generation that grew up in both unprecedented prosperity and nationalistic paranoia (as well as the civil rights era). They dabbled with drugs and free love but found their solace in selfish affluence and narcissism and a resistance to being responsible or paying for anything. Gen X grew up facing the harsh realities of the Nixon and Reagan eras, and the gutting of all the safety nets, and were the fend for themselves latch key kids. Millenials have very little memory of life before the Internet, and like their boomer forebears, are pretty demanding without being real into doing. As an employer, it’s the worst generation of grown babies to deal with. All want no work. There are plenty of great Millenials and there are a ton of rotten gen x people, but overall gen x would absolutely murder Millenials in a game of survivor. So would gen Z.

I'm really curious to know your opinion on how Millennials are whiny and want it all while not wanting to work for it. What specific examples do you have?

My most controversial opinion is that all this generational nonsense has been and remains tedious bull (bleep)

I tip my cap that your livelihood doesn’t rely on hiring employees.

You have a nose for detecting the vast gulf between Millennial and Gen-Z hirees during the onboarding process?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

The erasure of ear phone jacks on phones and other personal electronic devices over the past 4-5 years should be criminal.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject:

The erasure of ear phone jacks on phones and other personal electronic devices over the past 4-5 years should be criminal.

Aside from making a device water-resistant, it’s senseless and seems to be an industry-wide cash grab by manufacturers. It doesn’t have to be that way, they ought to check themselves and give the consumers a little respect.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:46 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
I just successfully popped an ingrown hair and feel like I achieved a small victory. You wanna see the gunk that came out? You'll wanna eat it, I guarantee you! Looks like nougat. Haven't had that much fun since I was a teen popping zits. People enjoy popping zits and blemishes and those who say they don't are lying. If that weren't a curious thing about humans, there wouldn't be a Dr. Pimple Popper w/ copious views. Carlin had a bit on that weird human phenomenon.

No small victory there, that's one of the most satisfying things there is. The more gunk the better.

Haven't had one of those in a long time. I remember having an ingrown armpit hair once when I was a a pungent, hoops-all-day teenager and I manned up and squoze it to breaching point. I recall it putting me on my haunches like a werewolf, tho. I've only ever done that when I once got the tip of my middle finger shut into the seam or a car door (that turned into a flashing Eat At Joe's neon sign the second the door was opened and it took 10 or so months for the nail to fully heal - there was a dented ridge down the center of the nail and it turned black and died and all that). I also had a La-Z-Boy sharp rear wooden foot fall on the edge of my big toe while I was moving it, which sheared the flesh from the edge. Had to go in and have the edge of the nail cut from bed to tip, took 10-11 months to grow back out. If we had a bleeped up injury thread, most of what I could offer are finger and toe stories, but they are even more cringey to some people than more major things like lacerations or what have you.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Watching television while the sun is still high feels lame. Going to the movies before 5pm means you are dead inside.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:40 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Watching television while the sun is still high feels lame. Going to the movies before 5pm means you are dead inside.

As someone who, pre-Covid, adored going to the movies by myself to catch a matinee, I wholeheartedly agree. But that is exactly why I am going to the pictures, to be surrounded by life.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
C M B wrote:

As someone who, pre-Covid, adored going to the movies by myself to catch a matinee, I wholeheartedly agree. But that is exactly why I am going to the pictures, to be surrounded by life.

Why didn't you go at night?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

That's not controversial. That's just silly and stupid. A matinee on a rainy day is awesome.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:55 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
C M B wrote:

I think because it’s more crowded and more expensive. Daytime movies also mean a smaller chance that a talker or texter is in the theater
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
C M B wrote:

That's not controversial. That's just silly and stupid. A matinee on a rainy day is awesome.

Get your PNW sensibilities outta here.

Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
C M B wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
C M B wrote:

I think because it’s more crowded and more expensive. Daytime movies also mean a smaller chance that a talker or texter is in the theater

Right. It's because I want to watch the movie and have the rest of my day to do things, too. With that said, I do go at night, but if I want to go by myself, definitely a day flick.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject:

XTC wrote:

Aside from making a device water-resistant, it’s senseless and seems to be an industry-wide cash grab by manufacturers. It doesn’t have to be that way, they ought to check themselves and give the consumers a little respect.

Thank you! Good wired headphones are a lot cheaper than quality wireless ones.

And I get sick and tired of having to recharge the wireless earbuds I used to only use at the gym before "upgrading" to the newest Samsung model after my old phone with an ear phone jack finally died.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject:

I would vote for a criminal Democrat over the most virtuous, centrist Republican. Yes, this is in reference to Rod Blagojevich.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

https://tenor.com/view/ariana-grande-gif-10730095
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject:

XTC wrote:

Thank you! Good wired headphones are a lot cheaper than quality wireless ones.

And I get sick and tired of having to recharge the wireless earbuds I used to only use at the gym before "upgrading" to the newest Samsung model after my old phone with an ear phone jack finally died.

I have resorted to having two sets of wireless for extended listening. I tried using those little lightning to headphone adapters, but they are prone to coming out and I kept losing them.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

smoked brisket is so overhyped and overrated and I'll choose some beef ribs and maybe even smoked tri-tip over it all day
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:39 pm    Post subject:

I have watched Birth of a Nation and Song of the South and Zach Snyder's 300 is still the most racist American studio film I have ever seen.

Watching Fred Astaire tap dance in blackface is a refreshing reprieve from the unadulterated race science of Zach Snyder's 300.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:52 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
smoked brisket is so overhyped and overrated and I'll choose some beef ribs and maybe even smoked tri-tip over it all day

I generally agree. The one exception is Franklin's in Austin, TX. Best brisket I've ever had.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

I generally agree. The one exception is Franklin's in Austin, TX. Best brisket I've ever had.

You guys aren't alone. I have had a couple of really good briskets over the years, but for the most part it's typically just OK. Even at it's best it never comes close to really good ribs or tri-tip.

Brisket is like filet mignon. People are conditioned to believe they should favor it because it's a popular choice. But are there are much better options available.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) Joe Rogan!
In the past he suggested young people don't need to get a vaccine.

He back pedaled on that comment.

Then today he went on his show and said vaccines cause COVID mutations.

(bleep) Joe Rogan! That is all.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
(bleep) Joe Rogan!
In the past he suggested young people don't need to get a vaccine.

He back pedaled on that comment.

Then today he went on his show and said vaccines cause COVID mutations.

(bleep) Joe Rogan! That is all.

“But he gets really great guests” . . . 😂

He’s one of those people who I would love to see Greg a really bad (scary bad) case of COVID. If he survives, he survived. If he dies . . . Shrug.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 44 of 80
Jump to: