What are your most Controversial opinions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
smoked brisket is so overhyped and overrated and I'll choose some beef ribs and maybe even smoked tri-tip over it all day

meet me in temecula you piece of (bleep)

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Heartburn wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
smoked brisket is so overhyped and overrated and I'll choose some beef ribs and maybe even smoked tri-tip over it all day

I generally agree. The one exception is Franklin's in Austin, TX. Best brisket I've ever had.

You guys aren't alone. I have had a couple of really good briskets over the years, but for the most part it's typically just OK. Even at it's best it never comes close to really good ribs or tri-tip.

Brisket is like filet mignon. People are conditioned to believe they should favor it because it's a popular choice. But are there are much better options available.

Filet is quite good. It’s the most tender cut of beef there is, and it’s leaner. It isn’t preferred by those who love it because of marketing. Tri tip is a good “bargain ribeye” (similar flavor for less money) if you want fattier cuts while not being too tough (which I respect) but I prefer a new york strip or a filet (which is why I love a porterhouse, where you get both) to either.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:56 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
(bleep) Joe Rogan!
In the past he suggested young people don't need to get a vaccine.

He back pedaled on that comment.

Then today he went on his show and said vaccines cause COVID mutations.

(bleep) Joe Rogan! That is all.

“But he gets really great guests” . . . 😂

He’s one of those people who I would love to see Greg a really bad (scary bad) case of COVID. If he survives, he survived. If he dies . . . Shrug.

But he gets great guests isn't even on par w/ the Howard Stern excuse "but he's an excellent interviewer". Howard actually is, Rogan doesn't impress me, he's perfunctory. Prolly not even as incisive as Bonaduce was when he was on morning drivetime. Bonaduce really shined when he talked about drugs and steroids. Rogan is just "gets good guests". If fans can't even find something about JOE himself to compliment, he ain't that necessary in the grander scheme.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Heartburn wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

I generally agree. The one exception is Franklin's in Austin, TX. Best brisket I've ever had.

You guys aren't alone. I have had a couple of really good briskets over the years, but for the most part it's typically just OK. Even at it's best it never comes close to really good ribs or tri-tip.

Brisket is like filet mignon. People are conditioned to believe they should favor it because it's a popular choice. But are there are much better options available.

Filet is quite good. It’s the most tender cut of beef there is, and it’s leaner. It isn’t preferred by those who love it because of marketing. Tri tip is a good “bargain ribeye” (similar flavor for less money) if you want fattier cuts while not being too tough (which I respect) but I prefer a new york strip or a filet (which is why I love a porterhouse, where you get both) to either.

Friend of mine told me many times that ribeye is the best cut and I never thought it was better than a Porterhouse. Am I trippin(dicular) here?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Heartburn wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Friend of mine told me many times that ribeye is the best cut and I never thought it was better than a Porterhouse. Am I trippin(dicular) here?

Depends on what’ you prefer . . . flavor . . . or something that’s slightly easier to chew. Porterhouse perfectly OK, but I prefer more flavor.

And I disagree with Omar. The filet is popular amongst people who just want a “nice steak” and it sounds fancier.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
(bleep) Joe Rogan!
In the past he suggested young people don't need to get a vaccine.

He back pedaled on that comment.

Then today he went on his show and said vaccines cause COVID mutations.

(bleep) Joe Rogan! That is all.

“But he gets really great guests” . . . 😂

He’s one of those people who I would love to see Greg a really bad (scary bad) case of COVID. If he survives, he survived. If he dies . . . Shrug.

But he gets great guests isn't even on par w/ the Howard Stern excuse "but he's an excellent interviewer". Howard actually is, Rogan doesn't impress me, he's perfunctory. Prolly not even as incisive as Bonaduce was when he was on morning drivetime. Bonaduce really shined when he talked about drugs and steroids. Rogan is just "gets good guests". If fans can't even find something about JOE himself to compliment, he ain't that necessary in the grander scheme.

Agree completely. Rogan is Dunning/Krueger-esque. He thinks he knows stuff, therefore he is convinced he’s an expert on everything. And he gets other D/K candidates to believe it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject:

First time watched reactions. Million YT vids claiming people watching something for the first time so we can get their reactions. Some sh is like Back To The Future and American Psycho. It's at least half the time not the first time the person/s have seen the sh and who really gives a sh what a random stan thinks about something the first time they see it? Maybe if you believe their premise and reeeeeeeeeeally like the thing they're watching and actually want to hear fresh hottakes on it. Other than that, funk it. There are already too many of those first time effers and they want money for it. Get outta here, Youtubers! I watched a few of em and I think I'd actually prefer to listen to Rogan to kill the next 30 mins.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Heartburn wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Depends on what’ you prefer . . . flavor . . . or something that’s slightly easier to chew. Porterhouse perfectly OK, but I prefer more flavor.

And I disagree with Omar. The filet is popular amongst people who just want a “nice steak” and it sounds fancier.

Some, but it is expensive and desired because it is super tender. And there’s no more flavor in a tri tip than the new your strip side of a porterhouse. The value of a Tri tip is price. For me, while the fat in a lot of cuts is appealing, I try to eat leaner cuts and I appreciate the beef flavor, as well as a variety of rubs. But I’ll eat a tri tip and be quite happy.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Heartburn wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Some, but it is expensive and desired because it is super tender. And there’s no more flavor in a tri tip than the new your strip side of a porterhouse. The value of a Tri tip is price. For me, while the fat in a lot of cuts is appealing, I try to eat leaner cuts and I appreciate the beef flavor, as well as a variety of rubs. But I’ll eat a tri tip and be quite happy.

I'm not talking about tri tip.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Speaking of steak, we got some nice New York strip cut into bacon sized slices at Costco, and it makes an amazing stir fry.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:56 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
First time watched reactions. Million YT vids claiming people watching something for the first time so we can get their reactions. Some sh is like Back To The Future and American Psycho. It's at least half the time not the first time the person/s have seen the sh and who really gives a sh what a random stan thinks about something the first time they see it? Maybe if you believe their premise and reeeeeeeeeeally like the thing they're watching and actually want to hear fresh hottakes on it. Other than that, funk it. There are already too many of those first time effers and they want money for it. Get outta here, Youtubers! I watched a few of em and I think I'd actually prefer to listen to Rogan to kill the next 30 mins.

Forgot to mention that the first thing that was widely accepted as the first "first time reaction videos" was to the clip "2 Girls, 1 Cup". That's not even a joke, it actually was. They had new vids "coming out" all during the height of that classic piece of intimate sharing between two gurlz. All these Gen Why kids watching 80s crap have zero clue as to the ignominious origin of the "first time review" on YT.

Omar, what steak would you have while watching 2 Girls, 1 Cup?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:06 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Forgot to mention that the first thing that was widely accepted as the first "first time reaction videos" was to the clip "2 Girls, 1 Cup". That's not even a joke, it actually was. They had new vids "coming out" all during the height of that classic piece of intimate sharing between two gurlz. All these Gen Why kids watching 80s crap have zero clue as to the ignominious origin of the "first time review" on YT.

Probably something from the rump region.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Probably something from the rump region.

Good eye. I knew you'd have somethin.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject:

imo porterhouse is just a gimmick... do you really need a strip steak AND tenderloin on the same bone? I'd rather have one cut of steak cooked optimally for that cut
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:19 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
imo porterhouse is just a gimmick... do you really need a strip steak AND tenderloin on the same bone? I'd rather have one cut of steak cooked optimally for that cut

If both cuts are on the same bone and of the same thickness, you’re going to get a good cook for both. I’ve never been to a reputable joint and gotten one side good and the other not. It’s well liked because you get a super tender filet (which also benefits flavor wise from the bone) and a nearly as tender but more marbled and flavorful second steak in the New York.

Fwiw, a dollop of butter (I prefer ghee) on a filet will give your mouth a lot of what the fat in a ribeye is saying to it without the same total fat and with that amazing tenderness.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:26 am    Post subject:

I liked the Jetsons floor. One year design, I guess they thought it was too much. The 96 unis and floors got busier than Omar's steak w/ horseradish and Worcestershire, but this one was aite imo. Phillip said the Hawks ketchup red full paint floor was the ughliest and the Zen Master was right as usual. They really bleeped up a classic minimalist logo and design.

https://tinyurl.com/4vtfe8d6
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject:

Drew Carey has single-handedly murdered the look of game show hosts. His beard and dress style are horrible.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Drew Carey has single-handedly murdered the look of game show hosts. His beard and dress style are horrible.

He's awful at hosting, frankly. Awful. Dude has zero enthusiasm whatsoever and can't even fake it. That should be a prereq for someone who's hosting a damn game show that's been on since the 70s and hasn't changed much in that entire span. He's acting like it's as old and staid as it actually is, which is what you shouldn't do as a host of an old and staid game show. I'm surprised there are game shows and soaps still on telly. Surprised they all haven't turned into The Talk ripoffs.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

He's awful at hosting, frankly. Awful. Dude has zero enthusiasm whatsoever and can't even fake it. That should be a prereq for someone who's hosting a damn game show that's been on since the 70s and hasn't changed much in that entire span. He's acting like it's as old and staid as it actually is, which is what you shouldn't do as a host of an old and staid game show. I'm surprised there are game shows and soaps still on telly. Surprised they all haven't turned into The Talk ripoffs.

Hey man, git up offen soaps. I'm a die-hard Young and Restless fan since 1990. Victor Newman is a giant.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Oh boy, 2 girls, 1 cup. I remember how much glee I had showing it to people to see their reaction. Who knew reaction videos would be a thing.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Oh boy, 2 girls, 1 cup. I remember how much glee I had showing it to people to see their reaction. Who knew reaction videos would be a thing.

There was an even more disgusting and disturbing video after that. It was called People Eating Taco Bell Food. I could watch the Cup vid for longer than the Taco Bell vid.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Hey man, git up offen soaps. I'm a die-hard Young and Restless fan since 1990. Victor Newman is a giant.

Mum watched that every day. When I was a lazy teen, I knew to try to get her to make lunch (she was kind enough to do it an embarrassing percent of the time, but I was a good kid, more or less, cmow! As n Bs, yo.) before YNR came on. Otherwise, I knew I blew my best chance because it was over by 130. My mom made the best sangs, be they just basic ham/turkey/tuna or BBQ beef or what have you. She would make me ratatouille w/ Italian sausage and the zucchini/onions/tomatos and garlic bread on my bdays and every so often, that was prolly my fave non-standard meal specialty from Mama NPZ. Good ol daze.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Mum watched that every day. When I was a lazy teen, I knew to try to get her to make lunch (she was kind enough to do it an embarrassing percent of the time, but I was a good kid, more or less, cmow! As n Bs, yo.) before YNR came on. Otherwise, I knew I blew my best chance because it was over by 130. My mom made the best sangs, be they just basic ham/turkey/tuna or BBQ beef or what have you. She would make me ratatouille w/ Italian sausage and the zucchini/onions/tomatos and garlic bread on my bdays and every so often, that was prolly my fave non-standard meal specialty from Mama NPZ. Good ol daze.

Eric Braeden (Victor Newman) killed the wrong baby ape in Escape from the Planet of the Apes.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Eric Braeden (Victor Newman) killed the wrong baby ape in Escape from the Planet of the Apes.

I was at an appt recently and skimmin thru some rabbit hole stuff while being deathly bored and I was reading somethin about Proctor n Gamble and learned they used to produce a whole list of soaps in order to sell soap. Another World was one, tho it's defunct. It makes total sense back in the 50s to 80s, but I'm not sure if I ever heard about those shows actually being marketing tools at one point in their history. They make 80+ billion a year on like 30 products that all do a billion or more. Tide, Gillette, Febreze, Pampers, Head/Shoulders, Vick's, Gain/Dawn, Crest, etc. Would love to own some of that stock. They screwed the pooch w/ that toxic masculinity campaign a few years ago, but I'm sure their execs did well under Red USA for the last handful of years.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:40 pm    Post subject:

ACAB except for the CIA.

I don't know why, the CIA just seems fun to me.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 45 of 80
Jump to: