Who do you want us to face in the first round of the playoffs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you want to face in the 1st round?
Grizzlies
27%
 27%  [ 9 ]
Trailblazers
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pelicans
24%
 24%  [ 8 ]
Kings
33%
 33%  [ 11 ]
Spurs
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Mavs (current 7th seed)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 33

Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Without "Playoff Rondo," @channingfrye picks the Blazers over the Lakers.

https://twitter.com/blazersedge/status/1285637826105806848?s=21

I get it the Blazers are the biggest threat, but the hype is getting ridiculous. Barkley to now Channing Frye. Others in the media salivating over this too.

Anthony Davis without Lebron= Sweep over the Blazers

Anthony Davis with Lebron= Sweep over the Blazers

This Blazers hype is a fascinating tale of how the media can influence opinions of fans. They can make you ignore all realistic logic and go with the hype.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

I get it the Blazers are the biggest threat, but the hype is getting ridiculous. Barkley to now Channing Frye. Others in the media salivating over this too.

Portland is the ninth seed right now. Let them get into the playoffs first, pundits.

Also, the loss of Bradley >>> the loss of "playoff" Rondo. And even then the Lakers take a series against the Blazers in five if Lebron and AD are healthy.

Seriously. At least be competent enough to know that the loss of AB is the bigger concern against Portland...not “Playoff Rondo” who will get carved up by Portland’s guards.

Not just the Portland guards. Just about every playoff team every round will be able to “carve up” the Lakers defense.

It will all about how they minimize the damage. They figure it out and will they get wins, they get abused every game and they lose. There is no escaping the fact that the Lakers biggest weakness aligns with most teams strength. And that was before they lost Bradley.

Lakers record without Avery Bradley this season: 17-1
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

Not just the Portland guards. Just about every playoff team every round will be able to “carve up” the Lakers defense.

It will all about how they minimize the damage. They figure it out and will they get wins, they get abused every game and they lose. There is no escaping the fact that the Lakers biggest weakness aligns with most teams strength. And that was before they lost Bradley.

I think Caruso and KCP can handle most of the opponents.

AB loss will be magnified against teams like Portland and Houston. Also, he bugs some big wings like Luka.

Picking someone up 94 feet was AB’s speciality. Even Danny Green said that no one does it like AB. Caruso could potentially replicate some of that.
poppajons
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Portland and Memphis have very difficult schedules to end this unique season.

Pelicans have the easiest and I wouldn't be surprised if they are the opponent come playoff time.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject:

poppajons wrote:

Pelicans have the easiest and I wouldn't be surprised if they are the opponent come playoff time.

Our brooms don't discriminate.....
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Either Memphis or Sacramento, I can see Sacramento getting one game out of us only because they play fast, up-tempo, and have shooters that can go off (Hield, Bogdanovic, Bjelica). I don't see the same for Memphis.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Anthony Davis without Lebron= Sweep over the Blazers

Anthony Davis with Lebron= Sweep over the Blazers

This Blazers hype is a fascinating tale of how the media can influence opinions of fans. They can make you ignore all realistic logic and go with the hype.

As hype, I can tell you that the Lakers will wreck the Blazers regardless.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:39 pm    Post subject:

poppajons wrote:

I think it is a bit hard to say now as far as schedules and such without any form of home court advantage and some teams missing key players.

I look at it like a Super Tournament that some team is going to come out on top of and be granted the NBA Title so it might as well be the Mighty Lakers!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:11 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
poppajons wrote:

I think it is a bit hard to say now as far as schedules and such without any form of home court advantage and some teams missing key players.

I look at it like a Super Tournament that some team is going to come out on top of and be granted the NBA Title so it might as well be the Mighty Lakers!

I agree! I think people will be surprised how much worse or better some teams will be.. Besides a couple teams it's nearly impossible to predict with any kind of certainty strength of schedule in this bubble climate. A lot of people are going to be shocked how much better some younger players look as well because this is basically there 2nd year and they were able to get the feel of nba games, then have months off to get there body right and fix holes in there game.

I hope Zion comes back because I feel the Pelicans could end up being one of the most exciting teams in the bubble if he does. Even our own THT and to a lesser extent Kostas supposedly made strides in there progress which will add some extra excitement to these final 8 games of the regular season.

I'm actually genuinely interested in watching nearly every team which I can't remember the last time I felt that way.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Not looking forward to seeing Portland the first round. We may not get them. And they have nobody who can guard LBJ if we do.
But that series wouldn't be a walk in the park.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:56 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Not looking forward to seeing Portland the first round. We may not get them. And they have nobody who can guard LBJ if we do.
But that series wouldn't be a walk in the park.

Ugh, their backcourt will feast on ours. I chose Spurs, time for a sweep to send Pop off to Brooklyn.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:27 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
poppajons wrote:

Our brooms don't discriminate.....
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject:

While the Blazers are a dangerous team, they don’t have games at home where they gain 2 wins in a series. Biggest thing... they have no one to guard LeBron. Same with the Pelicans, though they are a dangerous team. But, yeah I’d avoid the Blazers. Would like a sweep or 4-1 series. Memphis is a more ideal team. Just have to take them seriously.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

AB loss will be magnified against teams like Portland and Houston. Also, he bugs some big wings like Luka.

Picking someone up 94 feet was AB’s speciality. Even Danny Green said that no one does it like AB. Caruso could potentially replicate some of that.

Exactly. AB provided the Lakers an advantage by picking up the ball handler early and frustrating them. He completely took Beverly out of the game in the first few minutes. Caruso can do some of that but he gets blown by more often.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

I think he was playing too many minutes given his overall impact, but not having Bradley situationally will hurt at times.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject:

The Kings are a joke and a waste of time to watch imo. I'd rather see us face the Pelicans in some entertaining games.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: