Who do you want us to face in the first round of the playoffs?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you want to face in the 1st round?
Grizzlies
27%
 27%  [ 9 ]
Trailblazers
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pelicans
24%
 24%  [ 8 ]
Kings
33%
 33%  [ 11 ]
Spurs
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Mavs (current 7th seed)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 33

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject: Who do you want us to face in the first round of the playoffs?

I want the easiest team possible. Don't really care about getting a competitive, fun series. I want a sweep. I think the Kings fit that description best. They're a young team and Luke isn't the greatest coach.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject:

The obvious choice are the Kings, the team we don’t want to see are the Blazers because Lillard loves to play at a high level when he goes up against the Lakers and that could mean trouble.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject:

I would love to see the Pelicans in the playoffs
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Under no circumstances do we want any parts of the Pelicans. Zion looks ripped and the younger teams have an advantage because of the long layoff.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject:

I can’t believe the Kings are even in the race.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Who do you want us to face in the first round of the playoffs?

kikanga wrote:
I want the easiest team possible. Don't really care about getting a competitive, fun series. I want a sweep. I think the Kings fit that description best. They're a young team and Luke isn't the greatest coach.

+1
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Pelicans. We can just hack Lonzo. 😂
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Don’t think any series matchup will be easy for the Lakers. Nor any sweeps.

Grizz have a 3.5 game lead with 8 to go. Think they keep the lead and playoff spot despite the tough schedule. Lakers should win this one in 6, maybe 5 games.

Portland has the best chance of catching them and they will push the Lakers to 6 or 7 with that backcourt combo. Dangerous playoff tested team.

Would love to see the Pels. Just think they are too inconsistent to earn the playoff spot. Fun series that could be dangerous. They are a intriguing as hell!

Would be shocked to see either Kings or Spurs.

Can not wait for the playoffs. Despite the health crisis it should be a highly entertaining tournament. So many good matchups. Any team winning four series is going to have a battle. Go Lakers!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Who do you want us to face in the first round of the playoffs?

kikanga wrote:

We should be able to get through whatever team makes the 8th seed pretty easily.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:34 am    Post subject:

Pelicans

So we can sweep them and finally move on from potential vs actual championship aspirations
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:04 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Pelicans

So we can sweep them and finally move on from potential vs actual championship aspirations

Pels would be an interesting series for a lot of reasons.

Don’t agree with the sweep. IMO the Pels would be able to take at least one game. They are capable of making it close every game and a tough series overall.

Obviously too inconsistent with their defensive intensity. But Williamson adds a unique talent to the team. I expect them to continue the to develop and add to the roster balance over the next couple seasons that could make them entertaining and a threat.

But not this year... I agree. Just don’t think that they would be a pushover and a sweep.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:24 am    Post subject:

Preferably NOT the Blazers.
Lillard is good enough to give us a lot of trouble and extend the series.

Mavs are 7 games ahead. They're not losing every remaining game.

The Grizzlies are comfortable, 3.5 games ahead of the 9th seed, but you never know with the new play-in rules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Don’t think any series matchup will be easy for the Lakers. Nor any sweeps.

Grizz have a 3.5 game lead with 8 to go. Think they keep the lead and playoff spot despite the tough schedule. Lakers should win this one in 6, maybe 5 games.

Portland has the best chance of catching them and they will push the Lakers to 6 or 7 with that backcourt combo. Dangerous playoff tested team.

Would love to see the Pels. Just think they are too inconsistent to earn the playoff spot. Fun series that could be dangerous. They are a intriguing as hell!

Would be shocked to see either Kings or Spurs.

Can not wait for the playoffs. Despite the health crisis it should be a highly entertaining tournament. So many good matchups. Any team winning four series is going to have a battle. Go Lakers!

NO would be the most exciting match up without question. So many story lines and it'd be fun to watch Zion, BI, Lonzo, Hart try to go at LeBron and AD. That said, this season without fans and the energy of an arena, I'd rather just get an easy sweep of an opponent, keep our guys fresh and lessen the risk of injury/virus.

IMO Memphis and Sacramento are the easies opponents with Memphis being the likely team to make the playoffs. Last team I want to see... Dame and the now healthy Blazers.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject:

definitely want the easiest team possible... with that said, the pels are going to be TROUBLE in the coming years. especially if they keep brandon along with even lonzo.

lonzo is still young. he could still turn into jason kidd 2.0... though jason is a fricken rocket scientist compared to lonzo as far as general intelligence. LOL!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject:

Based on the schedules for the 8 games, it's clear the NBA wants Lakers v. Pels 1st round.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject:

Hopefully Lakers avoid the Blazers. That one has the most potential of being problematic. It’s the series where AB is most valuable to help shutdown Dame and CJ. They also are a completely different team now with Nurkic and Collins back. They can pretty much matchup with the Lakers frontcourt with Nurkic, Whiteside and Collins. Basically the Dwight and Javale advantage is somewhat mitigated. AD will still get his, but it won’t be as easy and dominant imo.

The Pels are most likely to get in. I don’t think they will win a series against the Lakers, but they could easily make them sweat for 6 or 7 games. They have the talent and the legs, but they would probably just buckle under the pressure late in a series against LBJ/AD.

All other potential opponents over in 4 or 5 games. Memphis is most likely to grind a close game or 2. I don’t see Sac making it and the spurs don’t really seem all that interested to be there.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject:

Zion left the bubble for personal reasons. Will he be in quarantine when he returns for 14 days?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject:

I think it is 8 or 10 days
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
Zion left the bubble for personal reasons. Will he be in quarantine when he returns for 14 days?

If a player goes outside the bubble, they are tested each day. If they have negative tests every day, they only need to be quarantined for 4 days once they return. If he fails to get tested every day, he has to be quarantined for 10 days once he returns.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Lol they will make special rules for the stars
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:22 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Without "Playoff Rondo," @channingfrye picks the Blazers over the Lakers.

https://twitter.com/blazersedge/status/1285637826105806848?s=21

I get it the Blazers are the biggest threat, but the hype is getting ridiculous. Barkley to now Channing Frye. Others in the media salivating over this too.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

I get it the Blazers are the biggest threat, but the hype is getting ridiculous. Barkley to now Channing Frye. Others in the media salivating over this too.

Portland is the ninth seed right now. Let them get into the playoffs first, pundits.

Also, the loss of Bradley >>> the loss of "playoff" Rondo. And even then the Lakers take a series against the Blazers in five if Lebron and AD are healthy.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Portland is the ninth seed right now. Let them get into the playoffs first, pundits.

Also, the loss of Bradley >>> the loss of "playoff" Rondo. And even then the Lakers take a series against the Blazers in five if Lebron and AD are healthy.

The Pelicans have just as good of a chance of getting the 8th seed like the Blazers but no one seems to be talking about them, there is a good chance Zion goes bizzark in the next 8 games and leads the Pels to the playoffs.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Seriously. At least be competent enough to know that the loss of AB is the bigger concern against Portland...not “Playoff Rondo” who will get carved up by Portland’s guards.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:28 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Seriously. At least be competent enough to know that the loss of AB is the bigger concern against Portland...not “Playoff Rondo” who will get carved up by Portland’s guards.

Not just the Portland guards. Just about every playoff team every round will be able to “carve up” the Lakers defense.

It will all about how they minimize the damage. They figure it out and will they get wins, they get abused every game and they lose. There is no escaping the fact that the Lakers biggest weakness aligns with most teams strength. And that was before they lost Bradley.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: