AD!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: AD!

PASTOR RILEY wrote:
epic_ wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:
I am wondering if anyone would still rather have the young players instead of AD now?

Who were actually against the trade?
Bi back in AD thread and read those quotes on lakers ground net and you will see how upset the many who are still on this site were saying how the pelicans fleeced the lakers

The nitpicking on the back end of that deal all came from people who've never negotiated or closed a gd thing in their lives. It happens every time on here. There's an age old sales mantra that says something to the effect that a good deal is one that both sides walk away from unhappy.

But hey, let's dig up a single article that says we could have gotten AD for a handful of magic beans and work our way from there. Sarcasm aside, those same dudes sure as F are quiet now.

Let's enjoy the ride!
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Eh. If we win the title this year, the trade will have paid off. It's looking good right now, but it's not in the bag. Beyond this year, it all depends on Lebron. If he has another year or two at an elite level, we'll still be contenders. If he starts to slip or if he starts getting hurt, we won't. Davis is fine as a #2 guy, but he's not going to lead us to a title without someone else to be the engine for the team.

It's a slam dunk with a title.
Tougher theoretical question is whether it would have been worth it if we go the Finals but don't get a chip. I say yes (putting emotions aside), since fighting for the chip is a *huge* deal AND the FO still has a chance to tweak/improve for next year, tough as it may be.

If we get to the Finals but don't win, it's a respectable argument the trade was worth it just to end the malaise of the past 5-8 years.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: AD!

jonnybravo wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:
epic_ wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:
I am wondering if anyone would still rather have the young players instead of AD now?

Bi back in AD thread and read those quotes on lakers ground net and you will see how upset the many who are still on this site were saying how the pelicans fleeced the lakers

The nitpicking on the back end of that deal all came from people who've never negotiated or closed a gd thing in their lives. It happens every time on here. There's an age old sales mantra that says something to the effect that a good deal is one that both sides walk away from unhappy.

But hey, let's dig up a single article that says we could have gotten AD for a handful of magic beans and work our way from there. Sarcasm aside, those same dudes sure as F are quiet now.

Let's enjoy the ride!

Some of them just post from their burner accounts.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject:

No, I would rather have Lonzo "don't break all my records" Ball and Ingram.
Just kidding...stupid discussion at this point...
Not even an argument. We would not be where we are now without AD.
If we didn't have him and Lonzo/Ingram, we are not making the playoffs.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Eh. If we win the title this year, the trade will have paid off. It's looking good right now, but it's not in the bag. Beyond this year, it all depends on Lebron. If he has another year or two at an elite level, we'll still be contenders. If he starts to slip or if he starts getting hurt, we won't. Davis is fine as a #2 guy, but he's not going to lead us to a title without someone else to be the engine for the team.

It's a slam dunk with a title.
Tougher theoretical question is whether it would have been worth it if we go the Finals but don't get a chip. I say yes (putting emotions aside), since fighting for the chip is a *huge* deal AND the FO still has a chance to tweak/improve for next year, tough as it may be.

If we get to the Finals but don't win, it's a respectable argument the trade was worth it just to end the malaise of the past 5-8 years.

Don’t move the line in the sand now.

This is a win now plan. There is no “respectable argument” that justifies anything less. The malaise is called a rebuild. As they were making headway to escape the malaise the FO fast tracked a new plan.

Lakers have no clue what the future holds in this roster or any potential changes to the roster and the chemistry of the players.

All the parts and health have created this opportunity for a ring. Can’t squander it by changing the expectations or plan now.

6 wins to go!
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: AD!

Dr. Laker wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:
epic_ wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:

Let's enjoy the ride!

Some of them just post from their burner accounts.

It goes to show the MOST of the time, you always trade for the superstar. The team getting the all star/super star back most of the time wins the trade years later. (boston/BK trade not good but kg and pierce were old by then).
ibij
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject:

i wanted Lonzo to stay. kuz the one that should gone to NO....
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject:

ibij wrote:

I don't think that was the holdup. If Pels wanted Kuz over Zo that would have happened.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Davis is 27 years old

When Legramps goes, you replace him with a good/great perimeter player and we have a chance.

Way too many negative predictions on LG
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject:

ibij wrote:

I wanted Ingram to be the one who stayed.

Kuzma + Lonzo + Hart + #4 for AD; who says no?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
ibij wrote:

Sounds like it was the Pels.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Anthony Davis is 27 years old

When Legramps goes, you replace him with a good/great perimeter player and we have a chance.

Way too many negative predictions on LG

This.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
ibij wrote:

Sounds like it was the Pels.

Pelicans have had some transcendent players in Kobe, Chris Paul, AD, and now Zion. They managed to trade the first three for pennies on the dollar. Wonder what it will take to get Zion.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: