I don't think this season story could have been written any better.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject: I don't think this season story could have been written any better.

I probably should wait until we win two more games but I'm happy about how everything played out. 9pm two summers ago Poor George left us at the altar like a runaway bride and chose to stay in OKC. the next day I'm kind of like damn another summer missing out on stars then I'm listening to Sirius XM and hear them talking about Lebron signing to LA Then we had some mediocre signings and Bam Cousins is joining GSW but I was still happy we at least got Lebron. we missed the playoffs still. One day I'm refreshing Hoopshype and Bam the Lakers traded for Anthony (bleep) Davis!!!!! yea its on now and we can still sign Kawhi Ty Lue is coming back until he wasn't but we got Frank Vogel and I was happy about that. The media ate us up for missing out on a OK coach like Ty Lue. Lakers Nation was a joke for National Sports Media Then came free agency and we got left at the altar again by the finals MVP after all the good females committed to other men, and to make it worst the finals mvp brought poor George with him to perform Menage twas with the next door tenant. But it didn't stop there the billionaire got Ty Lue to be his cocubine because he no longer cared about the ring, The Hoe Nail Clippers was title favorites and the Lakers was said to have a questionable roster and poor defense. Then we lose to them on opening night smh the media was going in on the Lakers and clippers just confirmed they're the title favorites. Then it happened again on xmas in a game we looked like we would win. also during that game poor George was talking to Rich Paul and Ty Lue grabbed and pulled him away and gave Rich dirty looks. Rich stood there like The Lakers was number 1 in the west and the better defense but that didn't matter to media. Then Mamba and Gigi passed away Laker Nation was going through some tough times and portland whooped us. then We Beat LAC and the Bucks in one weekend. Covid kicked in and season was stopped. NBA season restarted in the bubble and we beat the clippers with Lebron defending Poor and Kawhi at the end of the game. But the bubble was so kind to us we pretty much loss every game after that. The media was questioning if we could beat the hottest team heading into the playoffs. game one loss and the media was like "the lakers are in trouble, We won the next 4 games to send them packing literally. Houston wins game one and the media was questioning the Lakers ability again, we won the next 4
Meanwhile the clippers was still the title favorites even though they was struggling to beat an injured one star Mavs. Now the clippers are having a hard time closing out the nuggets.
The paper clips loses a game 7!!!!!!!
Lakers defeat the nuggets in 5 and are headed to the NBA FINALS (bleep)!!!! Poor George is looking crazy Kawhi looking he has ice tea in his veins Doc Rivers is Fired. Balmer doesn't get to do his stupid little fist pump and Ty Lue has egg on his face . The media has egg on their face .Skip Bayless Egg on the face we're 2 wins away from tying the Celtics for 17 titles.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Preach
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, if you win a ring, it always seems like the season story couldn't have been written better.

Really it would have been a better story to beat the Clippers in the western finals, and then beat Boston in the finals.

But, hey, winning is winning.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Too many great people died along the way. It stops being a good story when Gianna dies.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Honestly, if you win a ring, it always seems like the season story couldn't have been written better.

Really it would have been a better story to beat the Clippers in the western finals, and then beat Boston in the finals.

Your hate for both parties should make you Happy with both teams failing to advance.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:55 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

U play who u play and can't control.. Stop creating narrative like skip Bayless... Oh the clippers could have beaten the Lakers
Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:10 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

Agreed that it would have been more pleasureful to take out the Clippers (which IMO we would have in 5-6 max this year). But it speaks more to that organization's failure than to anything (par for the course). I just look at all those articles from July 2019 about the "little brother" in LA finally flexing and chuckle.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Shalashaska wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Agreed that it would have been more pleasureful to take out the Clippers (which IMO we would have in 5-6 max this year). But it speaks more to that organization's failure than to anything (par for the course). I just look at all those articles from July 2019 about the "little brother" in LA finally flexing and chuckle.

Eh, I wouldn’t trade them choking a 3-1 lead (and up by 16 in game 5 at the half) for it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:21 pm    Post subject:

It could be written better if it was broken into paragraphs
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:32 am    Post subject:

that was to hard to read, use paragraphs
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:51 am    Post subject:

BVH is obviously right about the tragedy of Kobe and Gianna and the others who lost their lives. But just from a strict basketball sense, the fact that the Clippers choked is actually even more satisfying for me. No one hates them more than I do. I took genuine pleasure in the fact that they couldn't even get to the Western Conference Finals...again!

So what if the path over the last two rounds was the path of least resistance? We took care of business, and the Clippers (and Bucks) didn't hold up their ends of the bargain. Doesn't make it any less sweet. Not for me.
KobeGOATMambaRIP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:57 am    Post subject:

IF we win the next 2 I am heading over to the Celtic message board immediately just to read the comments
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:34 am    Post subject:

Underdog Lakers facing the hottest team in entering the playoff, Dame $ led Blazers...

Underdog Lakers facing the best shooting team in the playoff, big neutralizing 2 MVPs led Rockets...

Underdog Lakers facing the toughest team in the playoff, the blue collar superteam killing Nuggs...

Underdog Lakers facing the scrappiest hardest working even bluer collar MVP neutralizer best coached Riley led Heat...

Underdog Lakers... Champ
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:34 am    Post subject:

KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:
IF we win the next 2 I am heading over to the Celtic message board immediately just to read the comments

u best copy and paste that here too, for all of us
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:06 am    Post subject:

I am booking (outdoor dining) dinner Tuesday night and will enjoy a nice roasted Prime Rib of Beef, Au Jus, and share a bottle of a medium bodied red wine as I do not check my phone for scores and abstain from jinxing the team.

After what I hope will be a series sweep by the Lakers, I will then pick up my phone and TROLL THE HELL OUT OF Lakers haters, Clippers fans and other doubters and detractors!
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:36 am    Post subject:

Beating Boston in the Finals in 2010 after being down 3-2 was better IMO. Revenge is important to me.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject:

And this Laker team was always one of the top favorites. When you have Lebron and AD only a fool would count the team out. The betting odds never showed that this team was a big underdog.

Denver winning it all would be a better story but who cares. I’d rather see this Laker team stomp everybody like they are doing right now.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject:

Quote:
ice tea in his veins

lol
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:22 am    Post subject:

You know what would be a better story? If the Heat came back to beat us because their players saw how cocky our front running fan base has become. Job’s not finished.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
You know what would be a better story? If the Heat came back to beat us because their players saw how cocky our front running fan base has become. Job’s not finished.

Front running? Do you even know what that is? No one in our fan base thought we would lose to Miami well maybe VLF did.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:19 am    Post subject:

In a storybook, this season would have had more drama and more to overcome from their opponents in the playoffs. After they beat the Bucks and Clippers back in January, the only two teams that were considered to have a chance against them, it was just a given that they would win it all.

The drama this season was:
-The postponement of the season in March. Will a championship ever happen?

-A brief concern after the poor bubble play and not flipping the switch for game 1 of the playoffs (after they won game 2, we all knew the rest of the playoffs would be a breeze, especially as the Bucks and Clippers floundered and got knocked out by other teams)

-The potential cancellation of the playoffs to protest police violence

But on the court, there isn’t a team in the NBA who could have created a suspenseful series with this team. It’s the finals and we can say with 100% certainty that the Lakers will be NBA champions on Tuesday. It’s much easier to watch than the 2010 finals, for example, but it’s not exciting.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Losing in 2010 would have led to eternal torment, considering the history of the Lakers-Celtics rivalry and how they beat the (bleep) out of us in 08. The stakes were infinitely higher.

This season (or at least the playoffs) felt like a cakewalk towards the end. It is the most anti-climatic series in recent history because there's a clear loser and winner (blame the Clippers for choking and the Heat for their injuries).

Other than that, it's the best possible scenario that could have happened after Kobe's passing.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

Are you serious? As long as we don't have a team full of cocky front running players, no, it would not be a "better story" "if the Heat came back and beat us".

Not sure you really think that way literally, but damn, a better story would not be us losing just because of the fans who don't play the game.
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject:

This will be a bittersweet championship for sure.
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject:

please wait until the final are over to speculate on the season and legacy of the team.. jinx city!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: