CP3 to Lakers? (Nope -Traded to the Suns)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Scoop B says 76ers will be trading for CP3:

I don’t see how they can unless Tobias Harris is part of the deal?
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Thank God...
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Cant see happening. CP3 doesnt get along with Doc and then there rumors of trading for Harden. Houston rockets 2.0?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

A guy called scoop B 😂
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

I think this...
I think that...
Sixers make sense to me...
Daryl Morrey connection...
Yada, Yada, Yada...

I didn't hear anything that said the 76'ers WILL BE TRADING for CP3, like some sort of inside sauce. All I heard was Scoop B giving an opinion, what he feels.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Bucks make the most sense to me for CP3.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

First I thought how is it possible but Morey always seem to pull off crazy trades.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject:

Trade proposal from OKC Thunder writer:

https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com/2020/10/31/4-team-trade-idea-between-sixers-lakers-thunder-kings-involving-cp3/

Quote:
Thunder receive: Buddy Hield, Al Horford, Kyle Kuzma, Philadelphia 76ers top-5 protected 2022 first-round pick

Kings receive: Josh Richardson, Danny Green, Los Angeles Clippers top-7 protected 2022 first-round pick (via Thunder), Miami Heat 2023 first-round pick (via Thunder), No. 34 pick in 2020 draft (via 76ers)

Sixers receive: Chris Paul

Lakers receive: Dennis Schroder, Terrance Ferguson

Lakers basically trade Kuzma and Green for Schroeder and beer.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject:

I hope the Lakers don't turn into a destination for older great players chasing rings. I sense Pelinka is way too talented at his job to go that route.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Also, as it relates to fan support in OKC, they will have it. They are the only major pro sports team in the state.

As a playoff team they have been middle of the league in attendance, much lower when they weren’t a playoff team. Add in today’s COVID environment and attendance as well as TV revenue are down.
1OfThem1z
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject:

If we trade damn near all of our role players for a 36 year old Chris Paul then Rob is truly not a smart gm.

If CP3 and LeBron truly wanted to play together it would have happened already. Just like LeBron and Melo.

I rather keep Rondo at 5 mil and all of our depth than trade all of our depth for CP3.

My guess is he ends up on the Bucks for Bledsoe/fillers.

If we trying to go for a 3rd guy it should be Zach Lavine somebody who can grow with AD for the future.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:45 am    Post subject:

I used to think Scoop B was legit and don’t get me wrong I know he knows people around the NBA but he often tends to miss when he reports something, it wouldn’t surprise me if CP3 heads to Philly but it’s not a given until some 1 more credible reports it.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject:

LegionHoopsRoss right now is more credible then Scoop B.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject:

I think cp3 ends up with the Heat who have the cap space and are passing on Dragic
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
I think cp3 ends up with the Heat who have the cap space and are passing on Dragic

So CP3 to Miami and Dragic to the Lakers? Hopefully that’s what happens.
1OfThem1z
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
l4kerz wrote:

So CP3 to Miami and Dragic to the Lakers? Hopefully that’s what happens.
Miami is waiting for Giannis. No way they take on CP3's contract.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:

Riley literally said that his objective was to take care of their own free agents this summer... those being Dragic and Crowder.

They also believe they have a real shot at Giannis, which I agree with. They're not ruining that for CP3.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject:

1OfThem1z wrote:
If we trade damn near all of our role players for a 36 year old Chris Paul then Rob is truly not a smart gm.

If CP3 and LeBron truly wanted to play together it would have happened already. Just like LeBron and Melo.

I rather keep Rondo at 5 mil and all of our depth than trade all of our depth for CP3.

My guess is he ends up on the Bucks for Bledsoe/fillers.

If we trying to go for a 3rd guy it should be Zach Lavine somebody who can grow with AD for the future.

It just completely contradicts the way Pelinka has built this team. You'd be trying to implement 4 or 5+ new rotation players around Bron and AD and trying to build chemistry on the fly in a season that may be as short as 50 games, not to mention giving up a draft pick and destroying your flexibility for the next two seasons. It's just not what championship teams do let alone defending champs. It's more like what the Clippers tried to do last season.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

I think this...
I think that...
Sixers make sense to me...
Daryl Morrey connection...
Yada, Yada, Yada...

I didn't hear anything that said the 76'ers WILL BE TRADING for CP3, like some sort of inside sauce. All I heard was Scoop B giving an opinion, what he feels.

not to mention, didnt CP3 have a fallout with both Doc AND Morrey?
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:

Riley literally said that his objective was to take care of their own free agents this summer... those being Dragic and Crowder.

They also believe they have a real shot at Giannis, which I agree with. They're not ruining that for CP3.

Giannis is not going to Miami. Golden State has a better chance.

Dragic is pretty much done as a starter with all those leg issues, so it’d be a pass for Lakers.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:03 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
2019 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:

Dragic is pretty much done as a starter with all those leg issues, so it’d be a pass for Lakers.

why GS? they're gonna be capped out by the time Giannis hits FA, Miami has like 3 rookies contract in their playoff rotation
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
2019 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:

why GS? they're gonna be capped out by the time Giannis hits FA, Miami has like 3 rookies contract in their playoff rotation

If GS gets him it will be a trade as they have the best return in the NBA for a rebuilding squad. Giannis is saying the right things to the public but who knows what he is saying behind the scenes and if the Bucks don't improve the team (to Giannis eyes) then it's possible he ramps up the pressure hard threatening to leave for nothing if they do not trade him to a i'm sure small list of teams he wants.

If Giannis is not traded and just leaves i'd say Mavs are #1 with the Heat a very real possibility as well as the Raptors.

I personally don't think he forces a trade behind the scenes and also hope he doesn't because that Warriors team would be potent. I think he's still all in for one more season and if he feels the Bucks aren't going anywhere he bolts in 2021. Who knows though, it's still 2020 for a few months so anything can happen.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
governator wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
2019 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:

If GS gets him it will be a trade as they have the best return in the NBA for a rebuilding squad. Giannis is saying the right things to the public but who knows what he is saying behind the scenes and if the Bucks don't improve the team (to Giannis eyes) then it's possible he ramps up the pressure hard threatening to leave for nothing if they do not trade him to a i'm sure small list of teams he wants.

If Giannis is not traded and just leaves i'd say Mavs are #1 with the Heat a very real possibility as well as the Raptors.

I personally don't think he forces a trade behind the scenes and also hope he doesn't because that Warriors team would be potent. I think he's still all in for one more season and if he feels the Bucks aren't going anywhere he bolts in 2021. Who knows though, it's still 2020 for a few months so anything can happen.

I'll just say this: I don't believe any player has turned down the super max and then re-signed (which of course means taking significantly less money) with that same team. For that reason, I think Giannis will leave, assuming he turns down the super max.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:44 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers don't trade for CP3, I trust an Avery Bradley/KCP 3&D backcourt vs the Splash Brothers. Perimeter D will still be at a premium next year to help defend the chip.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:46 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I'll just say this: I don't believe any player has turned down the super max and then re-signed (which of course means taking significantly less money) with that same team. For that reason, I think Giannis will leave, assuming he turns down the super max.

Well, that's sort of a "duh." It would take unusual circumstances for a player to say, "I don't want that much money. Pay me less, and I'll sign." It could happen, I guess.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 46 of 69
Jump to: