Dodgers 2021 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 393, 394, 395  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Baseball is dog sht. You can review a base play, but not a guy who clearly swung 3/4 of the way???

I was thinking the same thing.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kenley did not help, but he was robbed twice (first was a fielding mistake - they should have thrown to first).
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

What a disaster.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject:

We should have went to Bickford after the safe at 2nd play. He was throwing too many pitches anyway.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure Giants fans will be enjoying themselves with this robbery of a win, but I would love nothing more than to face them in the playoffs, especially when we get Seager, Mookie, Kershaw, etc. back.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
That wasn't Kenley's fault - he should have thrown to 1st. Runners were running on contact, that's how he was safe at 2nd.

F Kenley
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Kenley did not help, but he was robbed twice (first was a fielding mistake - they should have thrown to first).

Don't forget Neuse laughably being in the game...for defense! Is it not obvious that he's a complete butcher in the field? He made no move to stretch to catch that ball whatsoever. None.

I've said this all year, but we're simply playing a bad brand of baseball this year. We don't have a good record against winning teams, and our record in close games is absolutely brutal.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Jansen looked worse and worse as the inning went on. He lost both his control and velocity. We should have been pulling him earlier because it was clear he didn’t have it.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Muncy letting that trash ump hear about it
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:16 pm    Post subject:

I feel like Roberts has a tendency to want to let guys (i.e. Kenley) just figure it out on their own on the field. He should be more willing to replace them if things aren't going well that inning. Forget about worrying about confidence - these are grown men, let them deal with it.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
I feel like Roberts has a tendency to want to let guys (i.e. Kenley) just figure it out on their own on the field. He should be more willing to replace them if things aren't going well that inning. Forget about worrying about confidence - these are grown men, let them deal with it.

The team seems to run everything by analytics except for Jansen. I don’t get it.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:20 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

I was fine with leaving him in to face Ruf. The previous play behind him should have been made. But once he walked in the tying run (yeah, the guy swung), he should have taken him out because of the stress of the inning and the pitch count. But whatever, we would have lost anyway, like we would have won in extra innings lol.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Also...He pulls Buehler in the 8th with 99 pitches, after he gave up a hit (after already getting 1 out), yet leaves Kenley in, no matter what. NO ONE in their right mind is worried about Walker in that situation. He would have finished the 8th with ease.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Roberts “sticking with his guy” never seems to pay off.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:

It’s really mind-boggling man. He’ll pull Rich Hill in a critical game 4 of the World Series when he’s absolutely DEALING, but he’ll stick with Kenley, Kershaw and Baez forever.

He’ll let the pitcher bat and then immediately pull him the following inning. He’ll waste good relievers early in low leverage situations

I’m so tired of this team having to overcome his idiocy. Said it before and I’ll say it again, this team wins in spite of this moron.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject:

back to back choke job by Kenley Jensen... ouch.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I feel terrible for Kenley. He had an all-star caliber first half. He has been a great Dodger. Fans can be cruel in booing him off the mound. But that's the life of an MLB closer.

Actually, he got pretty lucky in the first half of the season. His BABIP has been super low, suggesting a lot of luck as to where balls have been hit. And his walk rate — 15.6% before tonite's game — is one of the highest in the league. And we all know he can’t hold a runner on base. I’m afraid his good luck is closing in on him. He shouldn’t be treated as THE closer but should be used much more situationally. There was no need to put him in either last night or tonight, when Treinen was mowing guys down on a low pitch count in both games.

Last edited by markjay on Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:12 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

It’s really mind-boggling man. He’ll pull Rich Hill in a critical game 4 of the World Series when he’s absolutely DEALING, but he’ll stick with Kenley, Kershaw and Baez forever.

He’ll let the pitcher bat and then immediately pull him the following inning. He’ll waste good relievers early in low leverage situations

I’m so tired of this team having to overcome his idiocy. Said it before and I’ll say it again, this team wins in spite of this moron.

Don’t forget needlessly pinchhitting Pujols for Beatty in the bottom of the eighth with two out and nobody on, leading to messing up the infield defense in the ninth.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
back to back choke job by Kenley Jensen... ouch.

Back to back to back, actually (game 3 in Colorado)

Really sucks to think that of this jagaloon could’ve just done his freaking job we’d be in first place instead of 3 games back.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Just gotta move on, (bleep) it.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:32 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Don’t forget needlessly pinchhitting Pujols for Beatty in the bottom of the eighth with two out and nobody on, leading to messing up the infield defense in the ninth.

Exactly this. The fuc*ing gall of Roberts after the game, he actually noted that Neuse has to stretch to catch that ball. Uh, dipsh*t, YOU WILLINGLY PUT HIM INTO THE GAME FOR DEFENSE! Just to make a double switch. I mean, if Neuse had only demonstrated repeatedly, despite not being on the team for that long, that he is a complete butcher in the field...OH WAIT, HE HAS! If you watched the whole game last night, you saw him look like he had never fielded a ground ball before in that 9th inning on the ball that was just barely foul. His horrific error on a routine ground ball against the Padres led to that awful inning where they came back on us early in the year, too.

Friedman gets some of the blame this year for us continuing to call up these clearly overmatched players, and Roberts of course deserves some blame for, well, just not being good at his job except for the fact that players love him and will play hard for him. The young version of Dusty Baker, that's what he is. I will say that McKinney's AB's looked decent tonight. At least he didn't look overwhelmed by major league pitching like Raley and Peters and Neuse and Reks have. Or overwhelmed by major league hitters like Vesia and Uceta and Santana and others have.

Yeah, I'm frustrated this year. It hasn't been overly enjoyable to watch. Just a lot of bad baseball. I may need a break for a few days when it comes to watching their games.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:53 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
markjay wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Exactly this. The fuc*ing gall of Roberts after the game, he actually noted that Neuse has to stretch to catch that ball. Uh, dipsh*t, YOU WILLINGLY PUT HIM INTO THE GAME FOR DEFENSE! Just to make a double switch. I mean, if Neuse had only demonstrated repeatedly, despite not being on the team for that long, that he is a complete butcher in the field...OH WAIT, HE HAS! If you watched the whole game last night, you saw him look like he had never fielded a ground ball before in that 9th inning on the ball that was just barely foul. His horrific error on a routine ground ball against the Padres led to that awful inning where they came back on us early in the year, too.

Friedman gets some of the blame this year for us continuing to call up these clearly overmatched players, and Roberts of course deserves some blame for, well, just not being good at his job except for the fact that players love him and will play hard for him. The young version of Dusty Baker, that's what he is. I will say that McKinney's AB's looked decent tonight. At least he didn't look overwhelmed by major league pitching like Raley and Peters and Neuse and Reks have. Or overwhelmed by major league hitters like Vesia and Uceta and Santana and others have.

Yeah, I'm frustrated this year. It hasn't been overly enjoyable to watch. Just a lot of bad baseball. I may need a break for a few days when it comes to watching their games.

I’ve said it a few times that this has been one of the least enjoyable baseball seasons in recent memory. Even when they win it’s usually a terrible watch. I’m tired of the bad defense, the scared pitching, letting opposing runners run all over us, the constant injuries, rarely ever getting a clutch hit, Roberts, Jansen the list goes on…

It’s really a wonder this team’s record is as good as it is.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:02 am    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
markjay wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

I’ve said it a few times that this has been one of the least enjoyable baseball seasons in recent memory. Even when they win it’s usually a terrible watch. I’m tired of the bad defense, the scared pitching, letting opposing runners run all over us, the constant injuries, rarely ever getting a clutch hit, Roberts, Jansen the list goes on…

It’s really a wonder this team’s record is as good as it is.

yea. number 2 on the power rankings. My optimism for the season died last night. Maybe when Mookie, Kershaw come back it'll be better.

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject:

Quote:
MLB to test electronic device for catchers to give signals to pitchers

The practice of catchers using their fingers to flash a combination of signs for pitchers to decipher, a strategy that is almost as old as the sport itself, could be on the verge of obsoletism.

Major League Baseball will begin testing new technology that allows catchers to electronically communicate signs to pitchers at one of the lower minor league levels within the next couple of weeks, a system designed to both quicken the pace of play and suppress illegal sign-stealing methods.

A memo introducing the new system was sent to officials for the eight teams that make up the Class A California League on Friday, a copy of which was obtained by ESPN. In it, MLB announced plans to begin testing a pitcher-catcher communication device developed by a company called PitchCom on Aug. 3.

The system, which passed safety tests conducted at the UMass Baseball Research Center, consists of a transmitter that is worn on a catcher's wristband and two receivers that fit within the sweatband of a pitcher's cap and the padding of a catcher's helmet. The transmitter includes nine buttons to signal desired pitch and location and comes pre-programmed with English and Spanish audio tracks, though teams can also record their own. Information is passed from the transmitter to both receivers using an encrypted communication channel and played with bone-conduction technology, the memo stated.

Quote:
Dave Roberts says Kenley Jansen is still Los Angeles Dodgers' closer after 3rd straight blown save

Who's surprised?

I bet Roberts will announce Kenley is the closer even when we don't re-sign him next year.

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject:

Cleveland GUARDIANS?!

At least it's better than say "Pelicans" but still this is the best they could come up with over there out of 1200 or so choices?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 393, 394, 395  Next
Page 92 of 395
Jump to: