Back to backs!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject: Back to backs!

I just looked at our schedule & coming off a shortened season we have a lot f back to back games, I have no problem with sitting LBJ & or AD on one of the back to backs.

No way LBJ should be playing back to backs, I would do the same with AD & switch off nights depending on match ups, hey other teams are doing it already so Frank needs to do it, not consider it. Our bench/depth is strong enough to allow for this!

We had the #1 seed last year but what good is it if in all likelihood fans won’t be attending games once again this year. If your gonna win a Chip, you can & will win when you have to. Like the players said it’s a marathon not a sprint. As long as we finish in top 4 western conference we’ll be find, but I think we’ll finish top 2 for sure.

It’s only been 4 games but we will gel in next two months, the main goal is to stay healthy & not worry about a loss like last night. Let’s just be 11 deep come playoff time. Frank probably coulda sat AD & or LBJ last night, I’m sure he learned another lesson & everyone needs to relax about dissing players over 9ne loss so early!
HC: Riley
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject:

IMo you sit both guys the same game. If healthy those are games we probably win. Plus i would love to see some other lineups to get guys some minutes.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject:

clearly took the night off, taking it easy which is fine. Just get to the playoff and be healthy
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
[???] clearly took the night off, taking it easy which is fine. Just get to the playoff and be healthy

governator is probably correct on whomever he thought took the night off. His point about "just get to the playoff and be healthy" is absolutely correct.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:04 pm    Post subject:

We have 5 in the first half of the season. Last year we had 12 which was the least in the league. We'll probably finish around 10.

So i don't know if "a lot" is accurate.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject:

I am not comfortable with sitting players and assuming there will be more wins down the road. Just me.

Too many things can happen that can change the season. They start giving away games in the early part of the season and it could easily come back and bite the Lakers in the butt.

You start "counting wins" and then what happens if injury occurs that sidelines James or Davis for 20-30 games? Or if they have a several key players out with COVID which leads to a several game losing streak. Or they drop out of HCA in a competitive West and by May/June some states do allow fans in seats.

I understand most will disagree but I am a old school guy. You play every game, you play hard and earn the wins. Seen too many teams over the decades watching the NBA that look like champions on paper then get shell shocked as the season progresses and it costs them.

Lakers have an opportunity. Prefer they don't squander it by getting ahead of themselves.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:46 am    Post subject:

Let's focus on winning games first and then worry about resting players later. Everyone's already talking about load management like we've already ran away with the West but in reality we're still at .500.

The West is so loaded this year it's not even funny. I mean Suns, Kings and Pels in playoff mix? I don't even know which is a bad team in the West anymore.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:44 am    Post subject:

The problem we have is that we have a ton of nationally televised games. Adam Silver already said he will dole out big fines for teams who rest players during these games. I think he would love to set the example by fining us.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

This quick turnaround is tough on teams like the Lakers and Heat who were in The Bubble until the end.

It really did feel like this season rolled around quickly and it seems the Lakers are not pushing hard yet from an effort perspective defensively.

I am not sure I see a need to go all out to try and win the 1 seed as it is unlikely fans will even be in the stands come playoff time so I am not sure HCA is all that important this season.

That said, we can't be too complacent and play ourselves into a hole.

Hopefully they can get on a bit of a roll here in the next few games to give them a bigger margin of error as you can't mess around too much in the West in this compacted season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: