Who Will Be the Lakers Biggest Pacific Division Competitors?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Lakers Biggest Division Competitor Will Be...
Golden State Warriors
44%
 44%  [ 20 ]
Phoenix Suns
40%
 40%  [ 18 ]
Los Angeles Clippers
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Sacramento Kings
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 45

Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject: Who Will Be the Lakers Biggest Pacific Division Competitors?

Also, state why you think so.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject:

Healthy GSW. Splash brothers.
If Klay isn't Klay, then healthy Suns. Will be hungry to get back.
If CP3 isn't CP3, then Clippers.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject:

With Kawhi out, the Clippers should be mundane. I’m not sold on the Warriors, given that Thompson has not played in two years. They could be good, but I’d bet on the Suns being the best of the other teams in the division.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject:

The Warriors will be tough, the Suns have tasted success and who knows how the Clippers will play. The strength next season will be in the East, whoever wins the West will likely be underdogs.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject:

Of the four, the Suns will have the best regular season record but the Warriors are the biggest threat in the playoffs.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject:

GS, if Klay is healthy they will be a thorn, Klay always plays with a chip on his shoulder when he plays the Lakers.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:01 am    Post subject:

Depends on how much of Klay is left. Two years off following an ACL tear AND an Achilles injury.

His shot most likely will be there - but will he be able to guard anyone? Will he be able to run the floor? Will he be able to make cuts and do the other things?

If he's close to being Klay, the Warriors will be tough. If he's closer to being Korver, then GS will be fun, but not a serious title contender.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject:

if every team has perfect health, nobody. Wont be close. Otherwise Suns. I am a firm believer playoffs make team tougher
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject:

Phoenix. I am not confident that the Warriors can recapture the chemistry from before while I think Phoenix should maintain the excellent chemistry from this past season. Also, PHX still have guys that should improve from last year....Ayton, Johnson and Bridges all should take steps forward. Even Booker may be able to elevate his game at his age.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:14 am    Post subject:

Dang....good thing Kawhi is not healthy because the Pacific would be brutal with 4 legitimate contenders going into the season.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject:

I will say I love where the Warriors are as far as a high level core, while also having a core of high level young talent locked in on rookie deals. If Wiseman, Kuminga and Moody develop properly....that is a very nice young group to have on a veteran playoff team. Even have guys like Wiggins that could theoretically tie one group over to the other. Very smart FO IMO.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject:

The Warriors are probably the biggest competitor this year. For the Suns, It's difficult to get to the finals two years in a row. Especially difficult on an older player like Chris Paul. He is susceptible to injury. He already had wrist surgery after the season ended this year. Clippers won't be a competitor this year without Kawhi.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject:

It's a close call between the Sun and the Warriors.

With the Warriors, I wonder if they'll still make big changes, how quickly their rookies will contribute and how good with Klay be in his return.

With the Sun, I wonder if Paul will stay healthy and if he will fall off the cliff at some point.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:07 am    Post subject:

The Warriors clearly have the most potential but who knows how Klay will look. I have a hard time believing he'll be much more then a shell of himself defensively especially in his first season back even if everything goes well but if he gets his groove back offensively they'll be dangerous regardless and on top of that they have the ammo to possibly land a big piece in a trade. It will be very interesting watching them throughout the Season.

The Suns, i'm honestly not worried about them in the slightest just like last season if at least 2 of our 3 stars aren't heavily hampered by injuries.

I'd even easily put the Clippers potential as more of a possible threat then the Suns if Kawhi can come back at some point around the Playoffs healthy and rested. They ran it back with mostly the same roster so I think he could possibly pull it off easier then most teams would. I don't expect this to happen but they'd def. worry me much more then the Suns or Jazz who I just don't really fear at all once the Playoffs roll around.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:04 am    Post subject:

I’ll say the Warriors simply because I think they have the assets to get better by the deadline. A lot can happen forsure. Steph is imo the best player in the league and they will have the splash bros back.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:34 am    Post subject:

Popular opinion should be the Warriors for obvious reasons, but I got to factor in the proven at this point. Phoenix for me at this point.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:09 am    Post subject:

I will still give Phoenix their deserved respect until GS proves they can have success again, so right now, PhO.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject:

Probably Phoenix, but they Bucks may have revealed the Suns weakness. The Warriors are a giant question mark. The Clippers...well, they are still the Clippers and are forever cursed with false hope but actual mediocrity

Not the same question, but I would be much more "worried: about the Conference, because Utah and Denver are the real deal.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject:

youcantguardme wrote:
Probably Phoenix, but they Bucks may have revealed the Suns weakness. The Warriors are a giant question mark. The Clippers...well, they are still the Clippers and are forever cursed with false hope but actual mediocrity

Not the same question, but I would be much more "worried: about the Conference, because Utah and Denver are the real deal.

It depends on how long Jamal Murray is out with the ACL injury.

Last edited by 32 on Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
fubby1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:23 pm    Post subject:

I still think the Jazz is gonna be tougher than most of those teams, they really didnt lose much ,if they come back healthy wouldnt count them out although Rudy G. looked awful in the playoffs ( overrated ?)Also Nuggets if they are healthy will be a threat. Clippers without Kawahi ???? Klay Thompson back 100% ???

Still would put Jazz, Nugs ahead of Clips, Warriors
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject:

PHEONIX. Klay hasn't played in 2 years. He has a lot of rust to shake. It doesn't look like the Diva will play next season so the SailBoat Crew is gonna be shakey. Pheonix will play with a chip on their shoulder. We'll be too big for them.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:25 pm    Post subject:

I don’t think the Warriors will be that good. Klay hasn’t played in two years and Draymond isn’t an all-star level player anymore. Curry will be 34.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:10 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I don’t think the Warriors will be that good. Klay hasn’t played in two years and Draymond isn’t an all-star level player anymore. Curry will be 34.

They can swing for the fences if they wanna give Curry an all in for the next 2 years like we do Bron. Draymond, Wiggins, Wiseman, their rookies, picks, should be enough for a Beal/Dame or something crazy like a KAT
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject:

It's mostly internal. Age, health (Brow), and an offensively challenged head coach.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject:

When Klay comes back it’s Warriors. Till then it’s PHX.

And if Simmons goes to GS. They are a bit scary. Still think we can beat them in the playoffs. But it would be noticeably harder than playing any other team in the west.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: