AUSTIN REAVES (four-year, $56 million Early Bird maximum contract)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 176, 177, 178  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Big game Reaves
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Big game Reaves

Who was the player named "Big Country"

I thought of using the Arkansas Rattler..

From undrafted to 14mil per in 2 years.. that's MAMBA Mentality!!
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 pm    Post subject:

In 16 games where we were missing Lebron or DLO

Reaves:
20.3 ppg
6.6 assists
4.8 rebs
53.3% fg
39.5% 3p
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:40 pm    Post subject:

One of his most impressive plays was his lock down defense in Lillard, fighting through screens and finishing it with a block. I can’t find a clip of it.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:49 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Big game Reaves

Who was the player named "Big Country"

I thought of using the Arkansas Rattler..

From undrafted to 14mil per in 2 years.. that's MAMBA Mentality!!

Spelled differently but coincidentally another Reeves from Arkansas that also went to school in Oklahoma.

Oklahoma State legend, Bryant Reeves!
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Great game by Austin tonight.

He's caught a lot of flack for his defense this season, and I think deservedly so. But imo he's been putting more effort there the past handful of games. Taking more charges, and blocking some shots. He's blocked 5 shots in the past 4 games. Those type of hustle plays are things he did in his first couple seasons but which had been missing for much of this year. He seems to be locking in more now.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:54 am    Post subject:

What. A. Game.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am    Post subject:

HE'S HIM
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:31 am    Post subject:

HIM is back just in time for the playoffs.
lts
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:24 am    Post subject:

huge game
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:06 am    Post subject:

Think Austin has rounded out his season well after a mediocre start (by last postseason standards). A real Swiss Army knife. Hell, his defense has even improved to 22-23 levels as of late
#18 next...
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:38 am    Post subject:

What a game by AR15 huge 3s in clutch time.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:17 am    Post subject:

What impresses me most about AR is he will have games like this and not be bothered by going to the bench. He's a team player.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:38 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
What impresses me most about AR is he will have games like this and not be bothered by going to the bench. He's a team player.

Lots to like about him. He is a team player that is effective and gives his all on both ends for 12.6 million.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:56 pm    Post subject:

maybe there's something to it that AR plays more freely without LeBron dominating the ball. AR should be playing the Luka Doncic role for the Lakers. their style are similar, very crafty with pick n' rolls, decent 3 point shooter and knows how to create or score off of picks. he's like a poor man's Luka.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:38 pm    Post subject:

His playmaking was on one tonight, he was making all kinds of things happen, but I think he was a little weary tonight judging by how his 3 point shot looked. He is a gamer though, and just makes winning plays.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:41 pm    Post subject:

He look like he didn't have his legs tonight... But was able to make up for it with his playmaking.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:04 am    Post subject:

Did AR really just buy a $20 million dollar house on a $54 million dollar contract? What does he take home, like 60% of that $54 million = $32 million? And $20 million already spent? That's crazy. Taxes, insurance and upkeep on a $20 million dollar house will be astronomical.

https://news.zaly.online/62850/?utm_source=CucLe&utm_medium=ADavisFanClub&utm_campaign=Basketball&fbclid=IwAR1qzwgyeI-Yx9owz3PUxLfeIEm8hbeEfNtlKcLFEM7-NlHTTSWp6-xASNo_aem_AS8c76QDinA7M13uF84N_hPmJKqu-JLOM6XrED1B4s8BAcRGS7q_Io-pLdU2VJhISelxZSyPUv_LdqzOlOyGe84Q
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:38 am    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Did AR really just buy a $20 million dollar house on a $54 million dollar contract? What does he take home, like 60% of that $54 million = $32 million? And $20 million already spent? That's crazy. Taxes, insurance and upkeep on a $20 million dollar house will be astronomical.

https://news.zaly.online/62850/?utm_source=CucLe&utm_medium=ADavisFanClub&utm_campaign=Basketball&fbclid=IwAR1qzwgyeI-Yx9owz3PUxLfeIEm8hbeEfNtlKcLFEM7-NlHTTSWp6-xASNo_aem_AS8c76QDinA7M13uF84N_hPmJKqu-JLOM6XrED1B4s8BAcRGS7q_Io-pLdU2VJhISelxZSyPUv_LdqzOlOyGe84Q

Strange that this seems to be the only anywhere that is reporting this, and with virtually no details beyond the price (such as which state it is in).
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:02 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Strange that this seems to be the only anywhere that is reporting this, and with virtually no details beyond the price (such as which state it is in).

I'm thinking it might just be a fabricated story.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:56 pm    Post subject:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1bt8j1h/oc_nikola_jokic_is_attempting_by_far_the_most/

Per this reddit post, Reaves is 25-95 (31% eFG%) on shots at the end of a shot clock. That's really bad but checks out because this roster lacks a real bail out guy at the end of shot clocks (Lebron is no longer that guy).

But it's interesting he's the #2 Laker in terms of FGA for these -- and it means his overall efficiency numbers are dragged down by how much he takes these bailout shots for the team
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:19 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1bt8j1h/oc_nikola_jokic_is_attempting_by_far_the_most/

Per this reddit post, Reaves is 25-95 (31% eFG%) on shots at the end of a shot clock. That's really bad but checks out because this roster lacks a real bail out guy at the end of shot clocks (Lebron is no longer that guy).

But it's interesting he's the #2 Laker in terms of FGA for these -- and it means his overall efficiency numbers are dragged down by how much he takes these bailout shots for the team

He IS the Lakers bail out guy. I see him being thrown the ball at the end of quarters far too often. It appears some guys want to protect their percentages. I like the fact that he is not worried about his percentage. That is a winning mentality.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:42 am    Post subject:

Great post Defense. I guess we will have to wait for the AR bashers to come out during the off season. This kid is READY.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:55 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
tox wrote:

He IS the Lakers bail out guy. I see him being thrown the ball at the end of quarters far too often. It appears some guys want to protect their percentages. I like the fact that he is not worried about his percentage. That is a winning mentality.

Well LeBron has more. But yeah, he is one of them. What I meant is he's very bad at them. LeBron is not much better. This team lacks a guy who you can give the ball to when the offense stalls, and that'll probably be their undoing honestly. I like that AR is taking these shots though -- his real offensive efficiency is much higher, and that's despite him being off on spot up jumpers! I also think he's been playing better defense and deserves more credit for his work on the defensive glass.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:05 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
defense wrote:
tox wrote:

Well LeBron has more. But yeah, he is one of them. What I meant is he's very bad at them. LeBron is not much better. This team lacks a guy who you can give the ball to when the offense stalls, and that'll probably be their undoing honestly. I like that AR is taking these shots though -- his real offensive efficiency is much higher, and that's despite him being off on spot up jumpers! I also think he's been playing better defense and deserves more credit for his work on the defensive glass.

Lebron takes most of his past the half court line. Reaves has a lot of heaves at the end of quarters. I don't think Reaves should be going one on one to end the shot clock. It just ends up that way sometimes. I know I'm not the only one who sees some players actively not shoot, or shoot after time expires because they don't like the chance they have of making the shot.

I'm not the only one seeing that am I? That was the point I was making.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 176, 177, 178  Next
Page 177 of 178
Jump to: