Niners fan given the Dodger Stadium parking lot special after Sunday's game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:14 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Horrible what happened, but the thread title is pathetic. This happens in cities other than LA, yet people just think it only happens in LA, to visiting teams' fans. There was an incident in 2013 where a Dodger fan was stabbed to death by a SF Giants fan...And there are definitely more that I'm not bringing up.

I have a feeling this kind of stuff is even worse in the Northeast, especially in Philly where sports fans are totally uncivilized.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Family of 49ers Fan Daniel Luna Seeks Justice, Answers In SoFi Stadium Attack

Family of 49ers fan Daniel Luna calling for justice after attack

The answer might be don't push strangers in the back?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:59 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:

Going to an opposing stadium in road jersey and then putting your hands on people is going to cause a problem more often than not.

Doesn't deserve to be in a coma, but his decision making was suspect.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:28 pm    Post subject:

This is an ongoing investigation. There are multiple videos angles and timelines of the parking lot being examined. What happened prior to the first shove will determine what charges will be levied or dropped.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:33 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Horrible what happened, but the thread title is pathetic. This happens in cities other than LA, yet people just think it only happens in LA, to visiting teams' fans. There was an incident in 2013 where a Dodger fan was stabbed to death by a SF Giants fan...And there are definitely more that I'm not bringing up.

lol. it.s an earned reputation. I kind of like the gritty threat of hooligan violence that opposing fans have to consider before they roll up in their city's colors. You think anyone is afraid to dress in Astros gear and then talk smack at a Rockies home game? Chale, holmes. No way, ese.

Why you like it? Makes you feel badass without having to step to the plate?
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:09 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

I have a feeling this kind of stuff is even worse in the Northeast, especially in Philly where sports fans are totally uncivilized.

Yankees fans are notorious for throwing objects at players on the field. In '77 when they won the Series, Reggie Jackson wore a batting helmet while playing outfield to protect himself from his own fans. He then made a mad dash towards the bullpen as the raucous crowd stormed the field as the game ended, knocking over a few people in his way. Video of this came up in my reddit feed today and it's insane.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:59 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
Yeah, it's just a matter of where the line may get crossed. As I said, if Luna pushed him, I think no one would be arguing if there was a retaliatory push back and then Luna had been injured from that. And perhaps Luna still looked like he could have been in an aggressive posture, although the description I read made it sound like he wasn't. But let's assume for a moment that Luna was in an aggressive posture, though the description does not allege that he threw a punch first. OK, so is a punch at Luna then assault, or is it justified? Where's the line for how appropriate the force back is? For example, if Luna had pushed him, the guy pushes back, and then the guy, in thinking that Luna looks aggressive, pulls out a gun and shoots Luna dead, is that justified? Obviously, I would hope that you all would agree that it wouldn't be. So is punching him justified? From the description, I'd say no, but, again, I haven't seen the video so I'm willing to reserve judgment for now.

I recall a disgusting case where a late teens girl was decked and had to have a craniotomy to remove a blood clot from a guy who she "girl punched" and the case eventually went nowhere because it was captured on film that she threw first, but it was a weak girl punch in the most derogatory sense I can convey and it was returned with Mike Tyson. It was utterly disgusting. I thought a punkass guy doing that to a partygurl was unjustifiable, but depends on the judge and video. I don't think assault is justified for a push, but there was another case where a guy KO'd a father to death in a bar and the puncher's friend was arrested as well for assault because he flung his drink on the victim while he was dead. I doubt that charge is gonna stick no matter how vile it was.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
C M B wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

lol. it.s an earned reputation. I kind of like the gritty threat of hooligan violence that opposing fans have to consider before they roll up in their city's colors. You think anyone is afraid to dress in Astros gear and then talk smack at a Rockies home game? Chale, holmes. No way, ese.

I think the Raiders' era definitely created that rep. Chale. They did that by themselves. There were some muhs on that team who knew better than to have their own family even come to the games. Raider fans don't want to leave the gang. La PriMERA, homes... They love their fellow fans....and their fellow fans love them back... (little "Colors" reference...Gerardo of "Rico Suave" fame).
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:48 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^
Yeah, it's just a matter of where the line may get crossed. As I said, if Luna pushed him, I think no one would be arguing if there was a retaliatory push back and then Luna had been injured from that. And perhaps Luna still looked like he could have been in an aggressive posture, although the description I read made it sound like he wasn't. But let's assume for a moment that Luna was in an aggressive posture, though the description does not allege that he threw a punch first. OK, so is a punch at Luna then assault, or is it justified? Where's the line for how appropriate the force back is? For example, if Luna had pushed him, the guy pushes back, and then the guy, in thinking that Luna looks aggressive, pulls out a gun and shoots Luna dead, is that justified? Obviously, I would hope that you all would agree that it wouldn't be. So is punching him justified? From the description, I'd say no, but, again, I haven't seen the video so I'm willing to reserve judgment for now.

I recall a disgusting case where a late teens girl was decked and had to have a craniotomy to remove a blood clot from a guy who she "girl punched" and the case eventually went nowhere because it was captured on film that she threw first, but it was a weak girl punch in the most derogatory sense I can convey and it was returned with Mike Tyson. It was utterly disgusting. I thought a punkass guy doing that to a partygurl was unjustifiable, but depends on the judge and video. I don't think assault is justified for a push, but there was another case where a guy KO'd a father to death in a bar and the puncher's friend was arrested as well for assault because he flung his drink on the victim while he was dead. I doubt that charge is gonna stick no matter how vile it was.

Yup, I remember that.

Quote:
No charges for man who punched woman, 19, near Rutgers, cops say

NEW BRUNSWICK -- Police will not file charges against the man who punched a 19-year-old woman in the face outside a party near Rutgers in an incident that has left her hospitalized for more than a week.

New Brunswick police Capt. J.T. Miller said Wednesday that police have determined Emily Rand was the aggressor in the incident that left her with a fractured skull after she was knocked to the ground by the punch.

Miller said police identified the man seen punching Rand in a video posted on social media.

https://www.nj.com/middlesex/2016/11/no_charges_for_man_who_punched_woman_19_near_rutge.html
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
C M B wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

It keeps our house ours.

Jokes aside, no, I don't like it.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject:

This is where the rubber meets the road.

If any eyewitnesses come forward what will their accounts reveal? They can be a determining factor as to whether or not the case goes to court or is dropped.

Eyewitnesses and video may show Bryant liable. They may also show Luna the aggressor and have charges filed on him.

Not knowing the intricacies of the law that's a layman's summation.

Daniel Luna's family give update on condition, ask witnesses to come forward

LINK

Quote:
They also urged anybody who witnessed the incident to contact Inglewood Police Department to come forward with information relevant to this case.

Quote:

Anyone with information, photos or videos from the incident can contact Det. Will Salmon from the Inglewood Police Department at 310-412-5115.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:07 pm    Post subject:

In my experience, Bay fans talk a lot and instigate a lot.

As the saying goes, don't start no sh!t, won't be no sh!t.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Were they both Drunk?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:34 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Were they both Drunk?

I'd guess without a doubt they were. Tesosterone + Alcohol + Tribalism is a bad mix. Doesn't matter if it's at a stadium or outside a night club. Seen more fights then I can remember back in my club promoting days. It's the same story every time. One group of drunks start chattering louder and louder and they bump into another group. Most times it doesn't escalate but once one guy's ego gets out of control, hands start getting thrown.

I remember an incident on one of the documentary series like 20/20 where some big college kid got in a scuffle and punched another. Same drill...head hits concrete, other kid dies. The puncher went to prison. All that over a single punch.

Just so not worth. Ish isn't the movies. Get clipped in the jaw and you're dropping to the floor like a crash dummy.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:13 am    Post subject:

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. Listening to the news Bryan Alexis Cifuentes Rossell lawyers haven't seen or been given access to the stadium videos. Why? They have to be evidence. It wouldn't surprise me if the charges were dropped.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:33 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Were they both Drunk?

I'd guess without a doubt they were. Tesosterone + Alcohol + Tribalism is a bad mix. Doesn't matter if it's at a stadium or outside a night club. Seen more fights then I can remember back in my club promoting days. It's the same story every time. One group of drunks start chattering louder and louder and they bump into another group. Most times it doesn't escalate but once one guy's ego gets out of control, hands start getting thrown.

I remember an incident on one of the documentary series like 20/20 where some big college kid got in a scuffle and punched another. Same drill...head hits concrete, other kid dies. The puncher went to prison. All that over a single punch.

Just so not worth. Ish isn't the movies. Get clipped in the jaw and you're dropping to the floor like a crash dummy.

Yup. Remember this case? https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/11/14/2-women-to-be-sentenced-for-beating-death-of-woman-outside-oc-nightclub/

recreational violence is big dumb

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. Listening to the news Bryan Alexis Cifuentes Rossell lawyers haven't seen or been given access to the stadium videos. Why? It has to be evidence. It wouldn't surprise me if the charges were dropped.

It wouldn’t surprise me that the lawyers are trying to make the case through the media. On both sides.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:42 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Were they both Drunk?

The bolded is why I really dislike aggressive people out in public... if it were a dog it would be in the backyard on a chain ...

I am very fortunate my drinking days I didn't like people who drank too much like myself and stayed the hell away from public drinking..rare happy hour in a nice restaurant but public intoxication can get you killed by the po po

Lots of wisdom in your post... "it is not worth it"

Reminds me of a book
Failing Forward by John Maxwell
He said he told his Son that there are plenty of examples of the mistakes not to make because people have already made them..

Some Dave Chappelle When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:07 pm    Post subject:

I remember a case of two early 20s chicks who loathed each other over their current/past relations with sum yung guy. One of them had one of those belt buckle knuckle blades (the ones with a handle you hold in your fist and a shark tooth-shaped blade, usually). You wouldn't expect to poke someone w/ that and actually kill them, but this particular chica hit the jackpot with a single pop to the other girl's chest and she hit her aorta (iirc) and the victim died. It was happenstance that they crossed paths and not premeditated, but the one girl got the booby prize by hitting the one right spot. Freakish a la Steve Irwin.

I once saw a fight with multiple combatants and one guy squared up with another and I just happened to be looking right at the victim. He had a smile on his face and then CRACK! He got instantly KO'd and hit the concrete face first w/ a tooth skittling out. He fell like a tree, body didn't crumple, he went down like a slash ///. I was looking right at his face and the fist hitting it at that split second. I've seen another where a guy was rocking back and forth from punches w/ his eyelids fluttering, but he was on the cusp of falling before the fight was broken up. In HS, I remember being a good 25 feet from a similar fight and one kid was rocking on his feet and I'll never forget how audible the punches to his face were from that far. I dunno how some people can absorb the kind of punishment I've seen and not fall back after 4-5 straight shots to the face. Tank Abbott used to KTFO others who didn't realize he was a hooligan w/ dynamite in his fists. Seeing some of his UFC fights, it's a miracle he didn't kill anyone in his day (yet, old guys fight, too).
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Was Luna punched in the back of the head or in the face?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:53 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:

Or maybe don't be that pathetic, insecure dude-bro who feels the need to escalate things to prove their "manhood" by pushing the other guy in the back and then punching him in the face.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:58 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
C M B wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

I think the Raiders' era definitely created that rep. Chale. They did that by themselves. There were some muhs on that team who knew better than to have their own family even come to the games. Raider fans don't want to leave the gang. La PriMERA, homes... They love their fellow fans....and their fellow fans love them back... (little "Colors" reference...Gerardo of "Rico Suave" fame).

And those Raiders fans transferred that over to Dodgers' stadium.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
OK. That was Cifuentes manning up. He didn't hit him in the back, he hit him in the mouth.

Sorry to hear you have such a piss poor idea of what it is to be a man.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:57 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:

Or maybe don't be that pathetic, insecure dude-bro who feels the need to escalate things to prove their "manhood" by pushing the other guy in the back and then punching him in the face.

If that's the answer, so be it. But, if you go push some stranger in the back 100 times, chances are you're going to get popped in the face by at least 50.

The other 50 might turn around and say "sir, why did you push me in the back for no reason? I think you owe me an apology!"

Those are the chances you take if you want to go around pushing strangers in the back.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
OK. That was Cifuentes manning up. He didn't hit him in the back, he hit him in the mouth.

Sorry to hear you have such a piss poor idea of what it is to be a man.

Sorry to hear you have such a piss poor idea of what it takes to man up in the streets. You stand up or get knocked down. Lots of peer pressure. Both men were with friends. If Bryant hadn't pushed back he would have gotten punked when he got back home. It ain't nuthin nice out there.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: