Elon Musk bought Twitter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 12:27 am    Post subject:

It's disgusting how people like Elon Musk use "free speech" as an excuse to enable bigotry, lies, conspiracy theories and personal attacks.

It's gotten to the point where some on the right like Musk think free speech is now a conservative policy or philosophy. BS. Free speech has always been and will always be a philosophically liberal or left-wing thing, but conservatives are now hijacking it on the DL in order to push their filth onto the public.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 5:48 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
It's disgusting how people like Elon Musk use "free speech" as an excuse to enable bigotry, lies, conspiracy theories and personal attacks.

It's gotten to the point where some on the right like Musk think free speech is now a conservative policy or philosophy. BS. Free speech has always been and will always be a philosophically liberal or left-wing thing, but conservatives are now hijacking it on the DL in order to push their filth onto the public.

Republicans are all about free speech . . . Unless you want to put a rainbow on a beer can . . . Change the shoes on cartoon piece of candy . . . Put gay people in your ads . . . Write a book about black history . . . Protest in front of a member SCOTUS’s house . . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 2:19 pm    Post subject:

LA Times:

Quote:
Elon Musk said he will step down from the helm of Twitter and transition to executive chair and chief technology officer of the social media company.

slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 5:27 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Republicans are all about free speech . . . Unless you want to put a rainbow on a beer can . . . Change the shoes on cartoon piece of candy . . . Put gay people in your ads . . . Write a book about black history . . . Protest in front of a member SCOTUS’s house . . . .

Exactly. When LeBron or Colin Kaepernick take a stand, Republicans want to cancel them. But when Aaron Rodgers or Kyrie Irving spread lies about COVID and COVID vaccines, they love it and promote and amplify what they say.

Free speech isn't free speech unless everyone has it. The right accuses our side of engaging in "cancel culture" even though they do it at least as much as the left does.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Recently, Musk has been tweeting and re-tweeting some offensive stuff, including antisemitic stuff. Did anyone catch this interview in which he defended doing that crap? It's extremely cringe-worthy and even disturbing.

This guy is mental. Something is off about him.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 5:02 am    Post subject:

He has a Trans child who hates him
https://www.thedailybeast.com/elon-musks-daughter-files-to-ditch-his-last-name

Quote:
The 18-year-old wrote in a court petition that she does not “wish to be related to my biological father in any way, shape or form.”

He is another NAZI .. dude shut off the Satellite system being used to Defend Ukraine temporarily one day because who knows why -- USA helped him build it with your tax dollars

https://www.reuters.com/legal/us-virgin-islands-subpoenaed-elon-musk-jeffrey-epstein-litigation-2023-05-15/
Quote:
WILMINGTON, Delaware, May 15 (Reuters) - The U.S. Virgin Islands has subpoenaed Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) CEO Elon Musk for documents in its lawsuit accusing JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM.N) of helping enable sexual abuses by late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

The subpoena, issued on April 28, came to light on Monday in a request by the Virgin Islands to serve Musk by alternative means because it had been unable to locate and serve him.

The U.S. territory did not seek to question Musk under oath, and its effort to subpoena him does not implicate him in any wrongdoing.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 9:20 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Recently, Musk has been tweeting and re-tweeting some offensive stuff, including antisemitic stuff. Did anyone catch this interview in which he defended doing that crap? It's extremely cringe-worthy and even disturbing.

This guy is mental. Something is off about him.

They are seeing 100% of the real Elon Musk, versus when he first appeared on the scene of pop culture and Hollywood when they only got a glimpse of the person who they thought would save humanity.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Twitter is now worth just one-third of what Elon Musk paid for the social-media platform, according to Fidelity

https://twitter.com/business/status/1663704113580736514?t=s_MFooAnl077v6RkrjTkKw&s=19
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:
A 59% drop in Twitter's U.S. ad sales, outlined in an internal document obtained by The New York Times, is a major hit to its main revenue stream. That performance is unlikely to improve anytime soon, according to current and former workers.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1665717545196998656?t=EXGgVe7lTE8fjTbMAE8hdw&s=19
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:57 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
A 59% drop in Twitter's U.S. ad sales, outlined in an internal document obtained by The New York Times, is a major hit to its main revenue stream. That performance is unlikely to improve anytime soon, according to current and former workers.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1665717545196998656?t=EXGgVe7lTE8fjTbMAE8hdw&s=19

Yeah, I don't see anyway that platform can be rebranded in a positive light even if Musk were to sell and completely disassociate himself from it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:59 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, I don't see anyway that platform can be rebranded in a positive light even if Musk were to sell and completely disassociate himself from it.

Before Elon Twitter was a nice place to voice opinions in short form. Reestablishing believability would be difficult but by focusing on truth and relevance it's possible. A well thought out TOS could restore Twitter to respectability. To do this fo sho Elon gotta go. I wonder if he'll sell. If he does it will most likely be at a loss.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:25 pm    Post subject:

This clown ruined Twitter.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:40 pm    Post subject:

I genuinely have to wonder if he’s trying to tank the platform entirely for some reason.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:47 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
I genuinely have to wonder if he’s trying to tank the platform entirely for some reason.

if he did it would probably be his greatest gift to society.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:54 am    Post subject:

Say what you want about Zuckerberg but his company releasing Threads means that Twitter finally has some competition. Elon Musk thinking Twitter has no alternative and purposely pissing off the user base is going back to bite him.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:50 am    Post subject:

I'm no fan of Zuckerberg (I deactivated my FB almost two years ago, but that was primarily due to my friends being mostly extended family that ruined the experience), but Threads had a great start. About 100 million users already, most major news organizations are active on it, most of the journalists/social commentators are active. It's not a great app yet and needs some improvements, but I'm sure they'll fix it.

Twitter has many problems, but the thing that bothered me the most lately is the army of paid blue checks (95% are either MAGA of Elon worshippers) showing up in every thread before everyone else. I must have blocked hundreds of people, but it didn't improve anything.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:38 pm    Post subject:

I downloaded Threads but I am not a fan of it. It must not be finished. I can only search for accounts, I cannot search for hashtags or post content. If I see half the 101 freeway shut down I go to Twitter and search “101 closed” sort by recent and it’s the quickest place to get up to date news. Will threads make this type of interaction possible?
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:46 pm    Post subject:

I think it's safe to say they didn't initially plan to roll it out now, but they probably wanted to take advantage of twitter's implosion even with an unfinished app before someone else did.

If they want to survive long term, they'll need to fix it and add more features. But it's useable now. I've barely checked Twitter in the last few days.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:03 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
This clown ruined Twitter.

Did he? Or has it always been trash for clowns?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:43 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
I downloaded Threads but I am not a fan of it. It must not be finished. I can only search for accounts, I cannot search for hashtags or post content. If I see half the 101 freeway shut down I go to Twitter and search “101 closed” sort by recent and it’s the quickest place to get up to date news. Will threads make this type of interaction possible?

It feels to me less like twitter and more like FB around 2010. People posting meaningless status updates and stuff like that. Like, apparently on July 10, 2011, I posted on FB "oh, i hate dolores umbrage[sic]" lol. Add in some irony and that's basically what people in my social network (90s kids) are treating Threads like.

What's weird is it blends into all the promoted accounts and celebrities and corporate brands (which I don't care about) but sadly for $$$ reasons the internet will always be global these days. BeReal is (was) a delightfully local app and unsurprisingly it died just as quick as it began (although I'm still using the app lol)
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:47 am    Post subject:

Whether Threads will ever be as successful as Twitter who knows, but Elon basically lit 44 billion on fire and will never get it back. He thought he had a monopoly and only had 10 months of glory and watched it vanish into thin air. Now all the people he ticked off are going to use a rival product even if its by a guy who they aren't fans of.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:44 am    Post subject:

Threads just passed 100M sign ups in 5 days. Twitter is going to be toast.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:24 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Meta's Twitter rival Threads overtakes ChatGPT as fastest-growing platform

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1678431555360808960?t=kkwetSLgqy6VUev0GdzmcQ&s=19
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:39 pm    Post subject:

The chief twit is at it again, passive-aggressively spreading lies and conspiracy theories.

This time, it has to do with Bronny James going into cardiac arrest.

Quote:
We cannot ascribe everything to the vaccine, but, by the same token, we cannot ascribe nothing.

Myocarditis is a known side-effect. The only question is whether it is rare or common.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1683852156749729793

Social media has been blowing up with people assuming Bronny went into cardiac arrest because he got a COVID-19 vaccine even though there is no evidence of that. Never mind that one is more likely to have myocarditis or blood clots from the actual coronavirus than from the coronavirus vaccine.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:53 pm    Post subject:

I haven't seen this answered anywhere

What will tweets be called Xeets?

I feel pity for Musk.. He is tracing Trump 2.0 territory. Have to wonder what is in his background biography that Putin/Xi could exploit against him?

He intentionally shut off Starlink in Ukraine temporarily one day to make a point... he became most pitiful human at that moment
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13
Jump to: