RUI HACHIMURA (3yr, $51M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Rui was nonexistent and it showed. He needs to learn how to box out and/or get conditioning so he's able to consistenty box out Lots of bad 2nd chance plays because of his inability to secure a board.
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Rui and Vincent for Portis and Pat C would be a nice trade

More scrubs that would sxht the bed in the playoffs
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Not sure what happened to Rui.
Hurt?
Lost confidence?
Not used correctly in the offense?
Really disappointed and I like the guy.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:03 am    Post subject:

Time for Rui to have the same growing experience.

Coming off the bench last season in the playoffs is different than starting.

And if anything it shows how badly we needed Vando.

Let's see how much more growth Rui has over the summer.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Just watched a video clip of Murray's last shot and Prince is telling Rui to double Murray so he doesn't get into the lane and Rui ignored him. Damn, what a bitter pill to see Rui could have stopped that drive which would have forced a pass to someone like KCP to take that last shot. Rui has one of the lowest BB IQ's I've ever seen.

https://twitter.com/stevejones20/status/1785163851731714104
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Rui needs to look at MPJ and Gordon, copy their blue print
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 1:44 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Just watched a video clip of Murray's last shot and Prince is telling Rui to double Murray so he doesn't get into the lane and Rui ignored him. Damn, what a bitter pill to see Rui could have stopped that drive which would have forced a pass to someone like KCP to take that last shot. Rui has one of the lowest BB IQ's I've ever seen.

It's not Rui's IQ it's his desire to do so. Lackadasicalness and being disengaged was a problem he had in Washington snd why they gave up on him.

He seemed to get over that last season in the playoffs and this season going into the Playoffs. But he became the worst version of himself against the Nuggets. He became Washington Rui against them and that was very costly.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 1:46 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:

I think Rui's just kind of a dummy and needs to be explicitly told what to do in every scenario beforehand. If they had a timeout or they took that foul-to-give, maybe somebody would've told him to double in that scenario.

This is why teams practice and get coached and do things during the regular season. The Lakers were doing unfamiliar things against the Nuggets. It's bizarre to me. Their FA moves and behavior all season long seemed to suggest they expected to never face the Nuggets again?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 3:26 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
ducasse wrote:

I think Rui's just kind of a dummy and needs to be explicitly told what to do in every scenario beforehand.

no, Rui gets told things, he just doesn't do them from time to time because he doesn't want to.

Again, this was a problem in Washington. A problem we thought he was over when he played well in the Playoffs last season and the season this season.

But from the looks of it, he may just be better coming off the bench than starting. Unfortunately that would mean Prince starting, because Vando was injured. So we had to pick our poison. Because Darvin Ham forgot Max Christie existed.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 3:33 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
levon wrote:
ducasse wrote:

I think Rui's just kind of a dummy and needs to be explicitly told what to do in every scenario beforehand.

no, Rui gets told things, he just doesn't do them from time to time because he doesn't want to.

Again, this was a problem in Washington. A problem we thought he was over when he played well in the Playoffs last season and the season this season.

But from the looks of it, he may just be better coming off the bench than starting. Unfortunately that would mean Prince starting, because Vando was injured. So we had to pick our poison. Because Darvin Ham forgot Max Christie existed.

Why wouldn't he want to stop Murray from driving? Is it because he's afraid KCP will make the shot and he will look bad for leaving him? Murray already beat you once, you don't let him do it again. So frustrating. If KCP beats you then you live with it.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 4:17 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
MJST wrote:
levon wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Why wouldn't he want to stop Murray from driving? Is it because he's afraid KCP will make the shot and he will look bad for leaving him? Murray already beat you once, you don't let him do it again. So frustrating. If KCP beats you then you live with it.

Imo, Rui is not a high-motor player. Which is why he struggles defending movement offensive players, and rebounding. His strength is a mixture of power, and skill, as an offensive player.

I would like to see Rui improve his defensive awareness, and not be quite so slow-footed on defense. I don't expect for him to become some great defender. But, he has the potential to be better, with just better effort on that end. Also, I believe Rui is best at the 4/PF spot. Coming off the bench, behind LeBron(?), would be idea. Would also provide that much needed offensive pop on the second unit.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 9:45 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
ducasse wrote:
MJST wrote:
levon wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Imo, Rui is not a high-motor player. Which is why he struggles defending movement offensive players, and rebounding. His strength is a mixture of power, and skill, as an offensive player.

I would like to see Rui improve his defensive awareness, and not be quite so slow-footed on defense. I don't expect for him to become some great defender. But, he has the potential to be better, with just better effort on that end. Also, I believe Rui is best at the 4/PF spot. Coming off the bench, behind LeBron(?), would be idea. Would also provide that much needed offensive pop on the second unit.

Rui needs to have the mentality that Wiggins had in the Warriors last Championship season. Where he played like he realized the kind of defender he could be and decided to do it.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 11:54 am    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:

Yea he should be higher up, you can just tell how (bleep) up the defensive spacing here is. Prince can absolutely play the 2v1 on the strong side especially with the game clock running down. Rui's job should be to stop Murray and then to rotate if he passes out (while Prince buys time). The Nuggets had bad offensive spacing here.

I'm gonna be honest, Rui is just not very good. (bleep) horrendous rebounder, horrible defensive awareness, very bad defensive technique as a 3. He is a talented scorer but it doesn't really make up for his other shortcomings as a player. Whatever he worked on with LeBron last year isn't what he needed -- he needs to sit at the film room everyday and build his BBIQ.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Rui lacks defensive instinct for sure. But that's a perfect example of what reps and coaching during the regular season would have helped. Our former head coach was too busy showing people he knew best to do that, and it's just one of a hundred ways Denver exploited us.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 12:12 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
MJST wrote:
levon wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Rui did help, it was just too late by the time he realized what was going on. He’s not lazy as in sees the play and chooses to not do anything. He just has zero court awareness and it cost us.

He was guarding KCP and I’m sure giving up an open 3 again to lose a game would’ve been just as bad too. But KCP was 1-5 on threes and Murray already hit a game winner on us, smart players can determine pros and cons to these kind of situations in a split second.

Prince saw it, Rui didn’t.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 12:14 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
ducasse wrote:
MJST wrote:
levon wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Rui needs to have the mentality that Wiggins had in the Warriors last Championship season. Where he played like he realized the kind of defender he could be and decided to do it.

Rui doesn’t have the physical tools to be an effective defender on the wing like Wiggins. But Rui should be averaging more than 3 rebounds per game though
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Rui should, Rui has to be our 2nd rebounder next to AD Ala Vando, it is what it is, we got some big front courts in the west
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97
Page 97 of 97
Jump to: