*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors (05/12/23 @ 7:00 PM PT) Western Conference Semi-Finals - (Game #6) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:14 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
I'm hoping that Boston homer ref doesn't ref this game...

It’ll be Scott Foster.

It won’t. He just reffed game 4. It’ll either be the game 1 or 2 refs (which game 2 refs would be bad). I’m done talking about refs, either lakers come out with intensity or they’re losing. simple as that.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:15 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
I don’t see the need to guard the GSW bigs at the 3pt line so I don’t want to see AD out there doing it…anyone else on the team can do it. They have been shooting too many layups so the strategy from Ham should be to keep AD near the paint to limit those layups.

A zone against a 3pt shooting team may not be a good recipe but perhaps it should be considered to limit their paint points and make them hit enough 3s to compete with:

AD/LBJ primarily scoring in the paint,
Rui primarily mid range,
Dlo/DShro/AR/LW4 primarily 3s+drives to the hoop.

With the added benefit of Vandi’s perimeter defense I think the Lakers can win with that strategy.

the only zone you can play against the warriors is box and one which would give Klay and their role players open shots, but this is not easy to play give our relatively new team. i certainly hope they try it some times and stay as close to Klay as possible.

I still say we just switch everything and in this game where our defensive intensity and focus will be at its highest when we are already the best defensive team in the league, I think we just need to ensure we put a body in front of a man and we will win. What we cant do is give them any sort of confidence with an open shot. As long as our guys are flying around and staying in front of someone, this game will be ours

we have 3 guards out there, so constantly switching will give up mismatches and rebounds. box and 1 assures AD stay in the paint, but we have to try everything for this game. give them different looks.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:17 am    Post subject:

If the game was called half decent yesterday, we would have won.

I expect to get a better called game and if a miracle happens, some favorable calls our way. that with our defensive plan and we win.

the fact that the game was in reach the whole game yesterday with the warriors allowed to play football along with Draymond having his offensive night of the year should scare them more than anything.

I dont like to be that guy to blame reffing but that was a joke yesterday. I knew we were in trouble when they called LeBron for that 5 second violation, allowed draymond to scream in Vando's face, and bark in the refs face after calling a foul on him all within the first 6 mins of the game. If you dont think there was an agenda yesterday, I'm jealous. Ignorance is always bliss.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:36 am    Post subject:

So happy that JaMychal Green has an Instagram account and decided to mock LeBron on it today. Enjoy Game 6 JaMychal.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:41 am    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
So happy that JaMychal Green has an Instagram account and decided to mock LeBron on it today. Enjoy Game 6 JaMychal.

That was an odd post.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:50 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
ducasse wrote:

That was an odd post.

I was happy to see it too. I dont think someone like LeBron needs any extra motivation but I think some of the rest of the guys on the team might see it and get some extra juice to help their team and captain put away the dirty warriors
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:51 am    Post subject:

27 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
ducasse wrote:

That was an odd post.

I was happy to see it too. I dont think someone like LeBron needs any extra motivation but I think some of the rest of the guys on the team might see it and get some extra juice to help their team and captain put away the dirty warriors

What did it say
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:53 am    Post subject:

27 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
ducasse wrote:

That was an odd post.

What I really want to see is D'Angelo making a dagger three and doing the putting to sleep pose. Watching that frontrunner Curry dancing and smirking when things are going great being embarrassed would be wonderful.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:53 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
27 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
ducasse wrote:

That was an odd post.

What did it say

He put up a story of LeBron telling the media after the game how he and the Lakers dont flop...but he added a Cap emoji on LeBron's head. Clownish behavior
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:54 am    Post subject:

27 wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
27 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
ducasse wrote:

That was an odd post.

What did it say

He put up a story of LeBron telling the media after the game how he and the Lakers dont flop...but he added a Cap emoji on LeBron's head. Clownish behavior

Thanks! I see it. It has already made the media
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 11:32 am    Post subject:

Greens mocking of Lebron will give us extra juice tomorrow!!! And watch all the warriors fans blame him for costing them the series l
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 11:38 am    Post subject:

What is Kerr going to cry about today.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 11:42 am    Post subject:

Quote:
As I just reported on NBA Today, a source close to Anthony Davis told ESPN on Thursday morning he "doesn't envision any scenario" where AD would miss Friday's Game 6 against the Warriors. "It's the playoffs," the source added.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1656740545446944769?t=jelobyOiPgQW50qhQ8ifhw&s=19
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 11:54 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
As I just reported on NBA Today, a source close to Anthony Davis told ESPN on Thursday morning he "doesn't envision any scenario" where AD would miss Friday's Game 6 against the Warriors. "It's the playoffs," the source added.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1656740545446944769?t=jelobyOiPgQW50qhQ8ifhw&s=19

What i picked up also was that the team was not practicing with no film session....meaning we arent changing our defensive coverages at all.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Per Bres

Anthony Davis is not in the NBA concussion protocol and will be listed as probable for Game 6 tomorrow vs. GS, Lakers Coach Darvin Ham said.

https://twitter.com/mike_bresnahan/status/1656782272518041600?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Let's go!

Quote:
Darvin Ham on Anthony Davis:

“He’s doing great. He’s not in the protocol. He’ll be listed as probable tomorrow.”

https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/1656782036307431424
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 2:16 pm    Post subject:

I don't want to just beat them. I want to humiliate them on national tv.
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Need DLO to have a good game, and good news Reaves has been doing better. Warriors totally controlled tempo of the game 5 and that got us in trouble. That and the porous defense. They did a good job of getting Davis away from the basket and that reduces his impact of disrupting shots at the rim.

If we win in 6 and so does Denver is it known when will game 1 be?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 3:01 pm    Post subject:

There is a possiblity Scott Foster (the extender) will ref our game tomorrow.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 3:02 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
I don’t see the need to guard the GSW bigs at the 3pt line so I don’t want to see AD out there doing it…anyone else on the team can do it. They have been shooting too many layups so the strategy from Ham should be to keep AD near the paint to limit those layups.

A zone against a 3pt shooting team may not be a good recipe but perhaps it should be considered to limit their paint points and make them hit enough 3s to compete with:

AD/LBJ primarily scoring in the paint,
Rui primarily mid range,
Dlo/DShro/AR/LW4 primarily 3s+drives to the hoop.

With the added benefit of Vandi’s perimeter defense I think the Lakers can win with that strategy.

the only zone you can play against the warriors is box and one which would give Klay and their role players open shots, but this is not easy to play give our relatively new team. i certainly hope they try it some times and stay as close to Klay as possible.

I still say we just switch everything and in this game where our defensive intensity and focus will be at its highest when we are already the best defensive team in the league, I think we just need to ensure we put a body in front of a man and we will win. What we cant do is give them any sort of confidence with an open shot. As long as our guys are flying around and staying in front of someone, this game will be ours

we have 3 guards out there, so constantly switching will give up mismatches and rebounds. box and 1 assures AD stay in the paint, but we have to try everything for this game. give them different looks.

We haven’t been able to stay in front as defenders after switching, Steph has been just too fast and crafty, easy light contested layups over and over and over. Not sure how to fix that…just brainstormed zone but don’t really know what to do…really concerned about countering the high PnR taking AD out of the paint.

Do we dare go under the screen? They are an excellent 3pt shooting team but have been even better at shooting layups.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 3:56 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers’ injury report for Game 6. Davis is not listed with a head injury — instead, the right foot stress injury he’s been dealing with for months.

https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/1656810415597449217?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

So still the same

AD & LBJ - Probable
Mo - Questionable
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Referees allowed AD and AR to be hard fouled with no calls. If the Lakers retaliate with hard fouls I think there will be numerous calls made against them. I don't think referees play favorites. I think there just are some bad officials. The crew assigned to the game tomorrow is crucial.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 4:18 pm    Post subject:

LET'S GO LAKERS!

9 WINS TO GO

ROAD TO #18

MUST WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"CLOSEOUT GAMES ARE ACTUALLY KINDA EASY"
- Andrew Bynum
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Notable news: Andrew Wiggins is listed as questionable for Game 6 with a left costal cartilage fracture. That's an area of the ribcage.

Yeah he's playing.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Notable news: Andrew Wiggins is listed as questionable for Game 6 with a left costal cartilage fracture. That's an area of the ribcage.

https://twitter.com/anthonyvslater/status/1656820546666139648?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 3 of 83
Jump to: