JAXSON HAYES to Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:41 am    Post subject:

I forget how young he is.

Has all the tools, hope he continues to put it together cause he could be big for us, not only now but in the future
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:01 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Hayes should get more minutes with AD….tons of energy!

The Lakers were making a lot of progress with using Vando in off ball actions while putting the ball in AD's hands to mitigate the effects of two bad shooters on the team offense. I didn't watch the last two games but I wonder if they can apply those same principles using Hayes. Plus Hayes is a bigger vertical threat.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:41 am    Post subject:

Continue to improve, young JaVale-ish. We have him on the min next yr too?
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:44 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

If he opts in, I think
#18 next...
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:45 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
governator wrote:

If he opts in, I think

Player option? Ok, he should opt in, he’s still a min level quality but feels like he found a spot in the team plays, still young
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:27 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
governator wrote:

If he opts in, I think

Player option? Ok, he should opt in, he’s still a min level quality but feels like he found a spot in the team plays, still young

Hopefully, I’m starting to believe he can be effective in a Jokic series
#18 next...
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:30 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
governator wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
governator wrote:

If he opts in, I think

He can rim run every possession, make dude spent energy
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:01 am    Post subject:

Had the pleasure of being at the game last night, and watching this guy run the floor. Wow, Jaxson has incredible potential. He is also having a ton of fun out there, and appears to be well loved by his teammates. Even saw him horsing around with C-Wood, who almost never smiles. Amazing to see.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:48 am    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
Had the pleasure of being at the game last night, and watching this guy run the floor. Wow, Jaxson has incredible potential. He is also having a ton of fun out there, and appears to be well loved by his teammates. Even saw him horsing around with C-Wood, who almost never smiles. Amazing to see.

I’ve been saying this since they signed him. Sure he’s raw, but the hustle energy is there. Runs the floor great. I’d like to see him and AD together when the matchups make sense.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:35 am    Post subject:

Hayes has improved a lot compared to a few months ago
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:41 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
governator wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
governator wrote:

If he opts in, I think

He can rim run every possession, make dude spent energy

Jokic won't spend the energy. He'll allow the rim run, then take the 100% guaranteed double-team on the other end to find a wide open 3pt shooter with 50% chance of going in. Otherwise, he'll take the 70% chance of making his shot in the paint. You won't win against the Nuggets if you have to double Joker on every possession because the guy guarding him is half his weight.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:48 am    Post subject:

Give Phil Handy a lot of credit. he noticed where Hayes was struggling with his fundamentals when it comes to playing defense and worked on them.

Hayes has fully bought into the verticality aspect of the rules in the same way Hibbert did. If he can wind up as effective on the defensive end as he was in his prime because of that, whilst being more athletic and having batter twitch reflexes, it's a win for us.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:50 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Hayes has improved a lot compared to a few months ago

I remember beginning of the season he would show flashes some games but were getting lost a lot. Now it seems like he has a better understanding on what his job is.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:50 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Give Phil Handy a lot of credit. he noticed where Hayes was struggling with his fundamentals when it comes to playing defense and worked on them.

Hayes has fully bought into the verticality aspect of the rules in the same way Hibbert did. If he can wind up as effective on the defensive end as he was in his prime because of that, whilst being more athletic and having batter twitch reflexes, it's a win for us.

That is a big difference maker. In addition to his technique, he's in position more often so he's less likely to jump into dudes. They've simplified his offensive and defensive role. I think he's setting less screens too so less opportunity for moving screens.

They've just told him to hound the glass which is important for the worst OREB team in the league. At the very least it makes the defense sweat about securing the rebound, giving time for the rest of LA's defense to set.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:09 pm    Post subject:

He is such a useful player when he isn't making silly fouls. He's helped us so much when we've had to go to the bench.

It is nice to see players making adjustments, especially the guys who come into the league very raw. It is really promising for his future as well as the future of this team.

He also seems like a really good teammate so it is nice to see him have success on the court as well.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
He is such a useful player when he isn't making silly fouls. He's helped us so much when we've had to go to the bench.

It is nice to see players making adjustments, especially the guys who come into the league very raw. It is really promising for his future as well as the future of this team.

He also seems like a really good teammate so it is nice to see him have success on the court as well.

Same! At a post game he seemed pleasantly surprised to get praised by Dlo and fist bumped with a thanks right there on camera during the interview. Humble kid with a likeable personality. I said in an earlier thread that MoBamba would have been better but I’m hoping Jax continues to improve to a valuable asset because I like him much better!
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:10 am    Post subject:

He has been playing great as of late. The kid is a spark. Its almost like we added a new player.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:37 am    Post subject:

I would caution that according to NOLA fans he does this every year. Looks like trash for most of the season then has a stretch where everything comes together before going back to trash. He's young enough that this might not be a mirage this time.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:39 am    Post subject:

The kid seems to have found his niche' with the team. He has embraced his role and thrived because of his energy and effort.
Jax is not very skilled but he provides energy, hustle and effort when he's on the court. He's not afraid to defend at the rim either.

He's an energizer bunny-type player.
He's starting to harness that energy and focus into becoming a more productive and efficient NBA player.

IMO he will opt in for next season
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:42 am    Post subject:

Another good effort by Jax!
Hayes is beginning to contribute on a consistent basis.

Quote:
Dancing Barry
Hayes -- -- Some nice hustle plays, saving a loose ball to a teammate to get a stop. He broke up a lob pass to ignite a break. He rejected a shot out of bounds behind Reaves to get another stop.
And he hit the glass well with 7 boards in just 13 minutes. He’s carved out a spot for himself with keeping the mistakes low and winning the possession battles.
The Stats: He scored 2 points on a 2-2 FTs to go with 7 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block, 1 turnover and 1 foul in 13 minutes. He was a +5.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:22 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Another good effort by Jax!
Hayes is beginning to contribute on a consistent basis.

Quote:
Dancing Barry
Hayes -- -- Some nice hustle plays, saving a loose ball to a teammate to get a stop. He broke up a lob pass to ignite a break. He rejected a shot out of bounds behind Reaves to get another stop.
And he hit the glass well with 7 boards in just 13 minutes. He’s carved out a spot for himself with keeping the mistakes low and winning the possession battles.
The Stats: He scored 2 points on a 2-2 FTs to go with 7 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block, 1 turnover and 1 foul in 13 minutes. He was a +5.

2024 Jackson with an X is an above min salary player value
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:20 pm    Post subject:

7 minute mark is where he is talking about work with Handy.. Good Kid.. I appreciate him
https://www.nba.com/lakers/videos/postgame-interview-austin-reaves-jaxson-hayes-03-10-24
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:40 am    Post subject:

JAXSON HAYES SLAM vs Raptors

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/SQMTaUBDGOg
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:22 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
7 minute mark is where he is talking about work with Handy.. Good Kid.. I appreciate him
https://www.nba.com/lakers/videos/postgame-interview-austin-reaves-jaxson-hayes-03-10-24

Yeah, started out below par but then around mid-season finally understood and fit into his role - along with better honed skills. He's a good 15-20 minute option for this team, kudos to him for his great attitude and work ethic and to the coaching staff for giving him the right guidance.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:44 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
JAXSON HAYES SLAM vs Raptors

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/SQMTaUBDGOg

YEAH JAX!

(Where was this during that boring ass dunk contest?!? )
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20
Jump to: