“Eat Crow Thread” for MoB/TBj/LW4/Sho (FINAL)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:17 pm    Post subject:

You’re crazy. Hayes has been better than Bamba has been. Bamba just sucks. Hayes has been surprisingly effective for us as a backup big in limited minutes and has helped us win some games with his frenetic activity and ability to throw down alley oop passes.

Prince has been so much better than Troy Briwn, it isn’t even funny. TBJr was not a good defender for us. Prince has been better than him on that end, even with Ham being a dumbass and playing him out of position as a 4. Prince has been well worth his BAE contract, TBJr is massively overpaid as a vet min guy. Not Prince’s fault Ham decided he was a big minute player for whatever reason.

Cam sucks. But Lonnie wasn’t going to help us. Lonnie started hot, but he fell off big time (as he seemingly always does) as the season went on and he fell out of the Nets lineup since he was a huge liability on D. Cam at least should have had a decent role with us as a spot POA defender, but again Ham for whatever reason decided he was a starter deserving an automatic 30 minutes a game, regardless of how awful he was playing for a month or two. If Ham had kept Cam as a spot defender while the guys we expected to take the bulk of the minutes played, we would have been very good, as the last two months of the season well illustrated.

Losing Dennis sucked, but he also was terrible for us on offense against Denver. I would still love Dennis back since he’s a fighter, but Gabe in his brief time back has looked like that for us so far (very small sample size, and he has also been terrible on offense barring the last game). But having Dennis now wouldn’t likely matter too much. Dlo not crapping himself like he did last year against Denver is what we really need (along with AR and Rui staying effective).
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:19 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
You’re crazy. Hayes has been better than Bamba has been. Bamba just sucks. Hayes has been surprisingly effective for us as a backup big in limited minutes and has helped us win some games….

Overall I liked your post lol! Just picking on this one point, perhaps I’m crazy in other ways but not for the reason you say. It’s ok if we disagree but this is what I based it on. It doesn’t tell the whole story, I get that, but it tells enough to acquit of the crazy talk!

MoBamba: 12mpg/4.4ppg/39.1 3pt%/4.2rpg/1.1bpg
Hayes:.……12mpg/4.3ppg/0.0 3pt%/3.0rpg/0.3bpg

Also, Prince was what he was. It wasn’t his fault how Ham misused him. Prince hit some timely 3s for the Lakers this year but Brown didn’t do hardly squat.
Brown however, did have a higher defensive rating last year, and this year, than Prince last year and this year. Neither was with BAE imo tho. Matt Ryan and Ben Maclemore can hit 3s and do nothing else for vet min lol!
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Schroeder/LWalker/TBrown/MoBamba
Vincent/CamR/Prince/Hayes

No crow

I didn’t see a good offseason switching out the players already here and just couldn’t understand why so many were giving the off season an A or even a B grade. It gets a passing grade of C for maintaining the status quo of starters Dlo/AR/Rui but behind that it was a downgraded roster overall. Had Wood/Dinwidde not been a bust it could have turned out alright but it looks more like a D grade instead of anything higher than a C as suggested.

Even tho Brown had a sucky season this year, (higher Drtg than Prince last year and this year tho), he still had a better year with the Lakers than Prince had with the Lakers but I wouldn’t want either for BAE.

MoBamba was a disappointment and Hayes was encouraging but MoBamba still had more ppg/rpg/bpg in about the same minutes. The rebounding/blocks/3pt% advantage MoBamba had was considerably large.

Cam’s D vs Lonnie’s 3 meh, still would have preferred to stick with LW4 tho.

Vincent having more zero point games than scoring games was beyond atrocious. I think Schroeder could have scored 3pts in game 2 and 3pts in game 5 to send it back to LA up 3-2.

Bottom line - the off season acquisitions looked like they were inadequate to me at the time and was not an A or B as many opined. I don’t know if it would have been enough to make a difference anyway but the team would have been better off just sticking with who we had for the price they signed.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: