“Eat Crow Thread” for MoB/Wen/TBj/LW4/Sho (edited initial premise)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:19 am    Post subject:

The torture starts lol!

LW4 avg more ppg than every Lakers in preseason except for AR 🤣
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:08 pm    Post subject:

TaP/Wood looking decent! (TBj/MoB)
Shro/LW4 looking pretty good! (Vin/Cam)

Plenty of game left. Not surprised…good or bad…by:
Vin/Shro, Cam/LW4, Hay/Wen, Wood/MoB

It’s TaP/TBj that are surprising to me tho TaP looked exactly as I expected (0rbs in 26 min and 0rbs in 18min sheesh!) in two games, shocked me (no Lakers 3pt slump) in two games as well. TBj so far looks like I made a bad call. Only 4 games in.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:

It’s TaP/TBj that are surprising to me tho TaP looked exactly as expected in two games, shocked me in two games as well. TBj so far looks like I made a bad call. Only 4 games in.

Hayes and Reddish look like a disastrous signing at least some of the other guys have given us something but overall I’m not Impressed with what Pelinka did in FA
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:36 pm    Post subject:

It’s still early…things could change drastically…so no conclusions can be made.

However…so far…it looks like Shro/LW4 should have been brought back for the price they left for if Cam could have been had along with them, maybe sell the 2ndRP for the roster spot or maybe even field 15 players if you want to keep MaxL. Either way, Shro/LW4 were the ones that got away but Cam seems like a worthy addition.

As far as TaP/TBj, neither one looks worth the BAE type money, both look like vet min players. But given the poor 3pt shooting from TaP and lack of defense needed at SG, even without playing time in Minny for TBj, it looks as if for now that TBj would have been a better option since he shot 38% from 3 with the Lakers and played better defense against SGs, which better fits the team needs. The bottom line here tho is that the BAE looks to have been a waste on TaP or TBj.

Hayes/Weny meh, and MoBa is getting no run.

Wood seems much better than either big in consideration.

I don’t see crow on the menu just yet tho Cam/Wood looks like decent moves and Hayes/TaP have been ineffective with Shro looking like an obvious choice to bring back over Vin. Also, LW4 looks good like he did for the Lakers prior to his injury making it a questionable move to pass on him for vet min.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

It’s TaP/TBj that are surprising to me tho TaP looked exactly as expected in two games, shocked me in two games as well. TBj so far looks like I made a bad call. Only 4 games in.

Hayes and Reddish look like a disastrous signing at least some of the other guys have given us something but overall I’m not Impressed with what Pelinka did in FA

Reddish looks disastrous? Guess you haven't been watching games. I know this post is a few weeks old but even then he was playing well.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:30 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Reddish looks disastrous? Guess you haven't been watching games. I know this post is a few weeks old but even then he was playing well.

Calling Minimum signings "disastrous" is pretty hard to take with any seriousness as well.. We're having to play some of our deeper bench guys much more then we'd like due to so many injuries to key players early this Season.. Most minimum guys deep on the bench aren't going to come in and light the world on fire.. It's awesome when it does happen but there's a reason why some role players are making 20-30 million while others are making a small fraction of that. It's almost always a gamble at that price and I agree Reddish when considering his salary hasn't been too bad at all.
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:25 pm    Post subject:

BTW and FYI, using too many three letter abbreviations can just lead to a response of WTF ?
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Scherm wrote:
BTW and FYI, using too many three letter abbreviations can just lead to a response of WTF ?

It’s cool man, I’ve gotten a lot of feedback about that so I relent. No more TaP…Prince instead, no more TBj…TBrown instead, no more Vin…Vincent instead, no more Van…Vande instead. I won’t even go AR…Reeves instead. AD/LBJ/Rui/Dlo are probably ok I guess.

At some point it’s necessary to hear what is being said

Dlo/Shro
Cam/Reaves/LWalker
Vande
LBJ/Rui
AD/Wood
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:46 pm    Post subject:

With Embiid out, MoBamba got 14 minutes tonight for Philly. 4blks and 4rbs
3-7 for 6pts.

Not sure yet if Hayes is actually better. We may never see it as MoBamba just can’t seem to play his way off the bench!
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:02 pm    Post subject:

3-7 for 6pts.

Not sure yet if Hayes is actually better. We may never see it as MoBamba just can’t seem to play his way off the bench!

Philly is paying him about $2.3M while it would’ve cost the Lakers about $10.3M to keep him before going to market. I think the lakers made the right choice.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:43 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
3-7 for 6pts.

Philly is paying him about $2.3M while it would’ve cost the Lakers about $10.3M to keep him before going to market. I think the lakers made the right choice.

MoBamba & $10m used in the same sentence!
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:15 am    Post subject:

Wish we kept Schröder instead of Vincent, who still has a chance to prove that it was the right choice. Also, Lonnie at the vet min? Easy, no idea why we passed. I like Christie and Cam has been excellent, but I'd still like to have Lonnie as well. The rest we let go, couldn't care less. They weren't good here.

Brown was useful in the RS, and Gabriel was useful from time to time as the energy guy. And TT also, he showed in the playoffs he's good for a few minutes per half. But those are all easily replaceable. Just Schröder and Lonnie man

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:04 pm    Post subject:

3-7 for 6pts.

Awww man, not MoBamba too smh. He got some more time tonight with Embiid out.

19 minutes, 11pts, 4-7fg, 2-4 from 3pt, 6 boards. He had 2 TOs with an assist and a block.

Troy Brown last 4 games since he started getting playing time:
41pts (10ppg)/14-24fgs (58%)/8-16 from 3 (50%), 17 rebounds (4rpg).

Prince last 4:
33pts (8ppg)/12-27fgs (44%)/9-18 from 3 (50%), 10 rebounds (2.5rpg). Prince does have 9 assists, Brown only 3, Prince about 20 more minutes, (5min/game Prince more than Brown). Seems kinda even.

It looked like MoBamba and TroyBrown were busts with their new teams getting zero playing time but both had decent games in their last couple outings. One or two games don’t really mean much, we’ll see how they do as the season progresses.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Trade Deadline check-in.

Prediction right that Vincent instead of Schroeder looks like a bad move;
Whether due to injuries or not it would have been the 3rd year of Schroeder with LBJ/AD and he was the starter for most of the year plus helped win the play-in game vs Minny, (should have had the game winning 3 but AD fouled 3pt shooter on last shot of reg), seemed like a no-brainer to me for defense in the back court and rim pressure. Vincent has been a no show mostly and didn’t look good for the few 5 games. Schroeder approx 14ppg and 35% from 3 with 6 apg, need that!

Cam instead of Lonnie Walker seems like a bad move;
I actually wanted to sell the 2ndRP used for MaxLewis so both LW4/Cam could be on the team with an offense/defense sub pattern used. Either way Lonnie’s 12ppg approx 48% shooting with 44% from 3 would have been useful considering 3pt shooting is one of the biggest weaknesses of the Lakers.

Troy Brown for TPrince seems meh;
Gotta give Prince credit for pivoting out of that Laker 3ball shooting downturn. As predicted his declining defense became a problem and as predicted he doesn’t provide much else, waste of a BAE for a 1 year contract as it should have gone to Oubre but I would not have wanted to sign TBrown to the BAE either. I still think TBrown would have been better than Prince tho since Prince is used as a SG defender where Brown was better along with better rebounding. I’m not eating crow on this one but also not saying Rob should have paid BAE for Brown. The best bet would have been to find a better use of the BAE or just go vet-min at the spot to have the BAE available for a back up C or at least have it useable next year.

I’ll take Hayes over Gabriel…tho the numbers are similar to Gabe’s last year…Hayes has provided better back-up C minutes than Gabe did which fits more with team needs. Good job Rob!

Wood over Mo Bamba looks like a mistake. I know some may not agree but Wood get’s 17 minutes to 10 with less than the expected production and fewer blocks. Mo is also shooting 44% from 3 with Wood at about 31%. The play would have been to sign Mo and Wood tho I like what I’ve seen from Hayes in the last couple of games. Given that Wood was signed late whereas Mo let go early with Hayes signed early it was Hayes chosen over Mo. Rob gets a break comparing Mo to Wood as if only one could be had when the better move would be to have both.

Summary:
Schroeder and Lonnie Walker should have been brought back;
Neither Prince nor Brown, either Prince or Brown meh;
Hayes is promising, Gabriel out of the league but should have been Wood/Mo.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:06 am    Post subject:

Lakers offered Mo the same contract as Philly. They also offered Beasley more money than Milwaukee. That's why it's not as simple as picking and choosing whatever player they or the fans want.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Lol @ “wish we had Bamba and his 44% shooting on .8 attempts per game”—all of which are wide open.

They’re shooting nearly identical true shooting percentage despite the fact over half of Bamba’s attempts are at the rim while Wood takes less than a quarter. Bamba creates zero gravity while guys still close out on Wood despite his off shooting this year. Oh and even though Embiid went out, Philly started a 6’8 guy instead at center. And then he went out again with another knee injury. What a loss. He could be sitting in street clothes at Staples right now.

People gotta get over LWIV already. He had one good playoff quarter for us. He’s scoring better on a low-pressure, non-playoff team in the east? Sounds about right! Does he still offer zero defense and zero playmaking?? Wonder if that has anything to do with his team’s lack of success!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:43 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Lol @ “wish we had Bamba and his 44% shooting on .8 attempts per game”—all of which are wide open.

They’re shooting nearly identical true shooting percentage despite the fact over half of Bamba’s attempts are at the rim while Wood takes less than a quarter. Bamba creates zero gravity while guys still close out on Wood despite his off shooting this year. Oh and even though Embiid went out, Philly started a 6’8 guy instead at center. And then he went out again with another knee injury. What a loss. He could be sitting in street clothes at Staples right now.

People gotta get over LWIV already. He had one good playoff quarter for us. He’s scoring better on a low-pressure, non-playoff team in the east? Sounds about right! Does he still offer zero defense and zero playmaking?? Wonder if that has anything to do with his team’s lack of success!

Very much all of this.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:30 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Very much all of this.

Walker had much more than one playoff quarter but you won’t get any more of an argument from me as it looks like trolling. Plus, much of what else said in the the reply is true.

Still…the point…we (I’m we too) expected Wood to perform better than Mo Bamba (neither are providing an impact) and so far he hasn’t and that Lonnie can be considered to be performing usefully.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:02 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Very much all of this.

Walker had much more than one playoff quarter but you won’t get any more of an argument from me as it looks like trolling. Plus, much of what else said in the the reply is true.

Still…the point…we (I’m we too) expected Wood to perform better than Mo Bamba (neither are providing an impact) and so far he hasn’t and that Lonnie can be considered to be performing usefully.

You’re judging off pure counting numbers. Our offense efficiency spikes when Wood is on the court just by the spacing he provides. Vando provides his highest offensive impact when he plays with Wood. Notice Lineups with Hayes were offensive death. Rotations with Bamba would have been severely limited here. You can’t play him with AD while Wood can. Wood is easily the better acquisition, even with down numbers. They have the upside to regress to the mean, while Bamba is giving Philly exactly what he’s been giving the lost few seasons: sporadic impact with frequent injury.

In terms of Walker, we just got Dinwiddie for free, and offers more than LW would.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:06 pm    Post subject:

I can see the argument for Bamba as a regular season minutes eater. But I can't imagine a scenario where he'd be effective in the playoffs. Extremely slow, foul prone and not really a lob threat/play finisher. He'd easily get schemed away in a playoff setting.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Lonnie Walker wanted a larger role and we wouldn't have been able to offer it.

I'm fine not keeping Mo. People here overrated him.

Hayes over Gabriel.

Prince is better than Brown.

The only real mistake was Schroeder.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Schroeder and D'lo were the weakest links against Denver. That's why the FO attempted to replace both of them.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:39 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

Hayes over Gabriel.

I don't see any mistake with Schroder, Raptors even traded him.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:08 pm    Post subject:

where's BEA? who's shooting 45% from 3? lol
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
drae wrote:

Hayes over Gabriel.

I don't see any mistake with Schroder, Raptors even traded him.

Shroeder 3/7/24 vs Pistons
31pts 12-17, 5-7 from 3, 8 assists, 3 turnovers…defense is way down tho.

Lonnie Walker 21pts.

I don’t think it matters anyway with Ham and Rob. This thread is just to track that some expected a struggling season showing the team was not upgraded despite all the praise on how good of an offseason Rob had.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: