*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Phoenix Suns (10/26/23 @ 7:00 pm PT | Gm#2 ***

Last edited by pio2u on Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:10 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
I hope we’re not on the road to another 2-10 start.

0-2 is definitely possible, but this is a better team

Yes, anything worse than 5-5 would surprise me, even with a tough opening schedule.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Quote:
Darvin Ham on if LeBron James’ 29 minutes will be a trend this season: “We’ll see. In all likelihood, yes.”

Ham added that it could build from that number depending on how James feels and what the team’s training staff decides.

I agree with Ham on this one
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

Maybe start

AD
LbJ
Reddish
Prince
DLo

AR, Gabe, Rui, Wood, and whatever off the bench with AR playmaking duties
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think our path to the championship is by not having to play Denver. Maybe the Suns or Clippers will take them out for us. Hopefully, we could beat the Clippers this year.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

venturalakersfan wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Yes, anything worse than 5-5 would surprise me, even with a tough opening schedule.

See even VLF isn’t so negative today,
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:11 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

on paper.

Well, the core of this team went to the WCF, the core of last year’s team didn’t make the playoffs.

right, but as has been discussed how good were we? everything lined up for us post trade and postseason. We played 2 healthy/non-dysfunctional teams. Nuggs/Wolves. We should be better but you are relying on
Reddish - No one wanted him
Woods - no one wanted him
Dlo - no one wanted him

our best signings were prince and gabe +rui/AR/vandy. We are substantially better but we are deeper. We lost some decent guys too.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:11 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
MJST wrote:
The problem with the Lakers today was after the first half they started playing as if LeBron was their first option on offense, instead of their second. We ran our offense through Davis in the first half and got to rolling. We cut the lead in the 2nd half and then started forcing things through LeBron and left AD out of the equation and by the time we decided to go back to him it was too late.

We can SAY it's AD's team all we want to, but till we start coaching like it, he'll have on fire halves and quarters and then not see the ball again for 2 quarters and we'll wonder, ''What happened?".

We run our offense through AD first and foremost, that's how we're going to win games, and we stop trying to force it to LeBron to finish runs when we should continue to go through our main guy.

We had the right idea in the first half, got away from it in the 2nd half and it cost us.

The issue is AD isnt a guy u can consistently run an offense through because the dude frankly doesnt have go-to moves that can consistent get buckets in high leverage situations. Running an offense through AD as some sort of go-to player is a fool's errand.

ADs jumper is still MIA. Because of that AD tries to force it inside where Jokic can hold his own. We need bubble AD to have a chance.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

on paper.

Well, the core of this team went to the WCF, the core of last year’s team didn’t make the playoffs.

right, but as has been discussed how good were we? everything lined up for us post trade and postseason. We played 2 healthy/non-dysfunctional teams. Nuggs/Wolves. We should be better but you are relying on
Reddish - No one wanted him
Woods - no one wanted him
Dlo - no one wanted him

our best signings were prince and gabe +rui/AR/vandy. We are substantially better but we are deeper. We lost some decent guys too.

Besides DS, we lost nobody that played meaningful minutes. If we were good enough to make it to the WCF, it is a better team. The bar was very low.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:12 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
I think our path to the championship is by not having to play Denver. Maybe the Suns or Clippers will take them out for us. Hopefully, we could beat the Clippers this year.

Maybe we hope for an injury. Its definitely possible with Murray and Porter Jr. Last year's champion Nuggets team was THE strongest champion of this decade starting from us at 2020. Last years Nuggets team would have clobbered 2022 GSW, beat 2021 Bucks and beat us in 2020 in a close series.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
MJST wrote:
The problem with the Lakers today was after the first half they started playing as if LeBron was their first option on offense, instead of their second. We ran our offense through Davis in the first half and got to rolling. We cut the lead in the 2nd half and then started forcing things through LeBron and left AD out of the equation and by the time we decided to go back to him it was too late.

We can SAY it's AD's team all we want to, but till we start coaching like it, he'll have on fire halves and quarters and then not see the ball again for 2 quarters and we'll wonder, ''What happened?".

We run our offense through AD first and foremost, that's how we're going to win games, and we stop trying to force it to LeBron to finish runs when we should continue to go through our main guy.

We had the right idea in the first half, got away from it in the 2nd half and it cost us.

The issue is AD isnt a guy u can consistently run an offense through because the dude frankly doesnt have go-to moves that can consistent get buckets in high leverage situations. Running an offense through AD as some sort of go-to player is a fool's errand.

ADs jumper is still MIA. Because of that AD tries to force it inside where Jokic can hold his own. We need bubble AD to have a chance.

Yessir.....forcing it inside and getting consistent buckets is what you do with Shaq and Hakeem. If we try that with AD, he will look like David Robinson out there in the playoffs.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:14 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Maybe we hope for an injury. Its definitely possible with Murray and Porter Jr. Last year's champion Nuggets team was THE strongest champion of this decade starting from us at 2020. Last years Nuggets team would have clobbered 2022 GSW, beat 2021 Bucks and beat us in 2020 in a close series.

Nah, I don't wanna wish injuries on anyone. I'd like to see all teams perfectly healthy. No injuries.
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
We fought and battled. They just big brother’d us. No scheme or coach can overcome the talent deficit. Yes, we are deeper…but they’re top talent beats ours. Simple as that.

We’ll get better for sure, and we don’t know who will be healthy come playoff time. But all else being equal…Nuggets are better.

Agree. Different coaching isn’t going to matter. The Nuggets have the closest thing in the league comparable to Shaq/Kobe (best big man/best scoring wing- both in their primes). That Laker era won 4 titles in 5 years

Nuggets given how young and athletic their role guys are (Porter, Gordon, Braun) could certainly go on a 3 peat given that the rest of league’s stars are mostly past their primes. Nuggets are for real.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
MJST wrote:

Jokic couldn't do squat against AD today when AD took it to him inside. He had no answer defensively, we just went away from it.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:18 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
deal wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Nuggets fans sure love to talk smack yet ignore the Kobe teams literally OWNING the Thuggets...
In fact, we've owned these chumps for 30 freaking years!!!

That was then, this is now. Let Kobe rest.

I'm good, I think I'll bring up Kob any damn time that I want.

IF it makes the sting from the loss better, hide there.

Go for it.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:18 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Both teams will look totally different by the end of the season. Judging this team on the first game is just a waste of time at this point.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
We fought and battled. They just big brother’d us. No scheme or coach can overcome the talent deficit. Yes, we are deeper…but they’re top talent beats ours. Simple as that.

We’ll get better for sure, and we don’t know who will be healthy come playoff time. But all else being equal…Nuggets are better.

Agree. Different coaching isn’t going to matter. The Nuggets have the closest thing in the league comparable to Shaq/Kobe (best big man/best scoring wing- both in their primes). That Laker era won 4 titles in 5 years

Nuggets given how young and athletic their role guys are (Porter, Gordon, Braun) could certainly go on a 3 peat given that the rest of league’s stars are mostly past their primes. Nuggets are for real.

Yup same look....but look at it this way. In 2013, the Miami Heat looked like they would be unbeatable for the foreseeable future with that 66-16 record and that ridiculous win streak with Bron at his peak. Ditto Durant's Warriors. Ditto us after destroying the Nets in 2002.....who would have guessed at that time that that would be the end of Kobe/Shaq's titles. The end can come quick.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:20 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Both teams will look totally different by the end of the season. Judging this team on the first game is just a waste of time at this point.
Exactly!
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Well, I don't get why people don't get it. Tonite was ring ceremony, but Malone played:

Joker 36mins
KCP 36 mins
JMurray 34 mins
AGordon 34 mins
MPorter 30 mins

Malone wanted the win more than you guys, just saying...
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:22 pm    Post subject:

But it does look somewhat like Groundhogs day similar to the eastern conference in the 90s whenever they had to face the Bulls. You try so hard (KNICKS AND PACERS) and yet that team in Chicago is just too good.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:24 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Why would the Nuggets change anything? They've just won a championship and this same team is playing great. I think you're mistaking the Nuggets front office with the Lakers front office in 2020.

Lakers are a decent team too. At least they look much better than when they still had Westbrick. Lakers are good. It's just that Nuggets are just much better right now and I doubt there's any trades that would improve the Lakers that much considering their lack of assets.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:25 pm    Post subject:

We just have to wait for the inevitable dropoff from the Nuggets in terms of skill or injuries. Once that happens, they will be toast cause they dont look like they have the leadership or drive to keep going like an insane Michael Jordan during the 1998 season when Chicago was finally NOT the best team in the NBA (that would be Utah). Else we wont beat them.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Got our ass kicked in the season opener no surprise.
Denver led by Nikola is still a good team but as far as great not too sure about that.
Not seeing enough from their bench compared to the team we saw last playoffs with Bruce and Jeff.

I think our Lakers will continue to grow and get better throughout the season. Denver to me is running off borrowed time of what worked for them in last season’s championship.
Don’t think it’ll last all season this time around
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:27 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Well, I don't get why people don't get it. Tonite was ring ceremony, but Malone played:

Joker 36mins
KCP 36 mins
JMurray 34 mins
AGordon 34 mins
MPorter 30 mins

Malone wanted the win more than you guys, just saying...

jokic is 28. we cant play our 2 guys those minutes, especially at altitude. This year has to be the year where we manage his minutes or else he will be done by xmas.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:30 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Why would the Nuggets change anything? They've just won a championship and this same team is playing great. I think you're mistaking the Nuggets front office with the Lakers front office in 2020.

Lakers are a decent team too. At least they look much better than when they still had Westbrick. Lakers are good. It's just that Nuggets are just much better right now and I doubt there's any trades that would improve the Lakers that much considering their lack of assets.

Denver won last year because their bench produced the same amount of points their starters put up.

Reggie can go off but not too sure Braun and Nnaji can give the same amount of firepower Brown and Green gave.

Jeff Green sucks.....dude was soft when he was younger but now he sucks as a player even if he isnt as soft anymore. Its the way Denver scores....its easy and with so much confidence knowing they can kick it to another gear whenever they need to. Bruce Brown's impact will not be as missed as long as their starting 5 is healthy
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 34 of 36
Jump to: