cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:01 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
windycitycane wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
I think its pretty obvious we are better than the Kings...The ball seemed to bounce right to them a ton of times on rebounds...Some bad officiating and Boom, a victory at home.
We should blow them out at Staples.
I'm really not worried about these chumps come playoff time.

The ball wasn't "bouncing right" for them. They were going get the ball. Something we were not doing.

Kings won but we are ‘better’ than them. The logic eludes us.

Were the Astros better than the teams they beat the year they cheated?
Pollyannish logic, and thats being polite.
Nice try tho.

Yes, the Astros were better. People need to stop with the "holier than thou" attitude. All the teams were probably cheating in some way. The Astros just got caught. And they followed it up a couple years later and won again.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

Halflife wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Halflife wrote:
we all knew minutes restrictions were not going to last.

Will regret it when he gets injured again. Need to be smart.

its more about being gassed, but the drop off is too significant and AD hasn't proved he can lead for an extended period of time.

AD is the only reason they made the playoffs, for the best record, had the best defense and make the conference finals post all star break with bron out and then returning to shoot the worst of any playoff player from deep.

What they do need to do though is come up with lineups that separate Bron and Russell from one another. They can both benefit and the team can too.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

Rui and Wood should have played more. We need a change of pace PG.... DS was always undervalued, but he is and was what we need as a counterbalance to LBJ. Or a wing that could take over....Reeves is going through the growing pains of being scouted. He missed shots today. I don't care for this offense, its tooooooo simple and not enough off ball motion. I like our team! Im not sold on how we utilize what we have though.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

The Lakers have too much size to be chucking three point shots on offense, especially when Potato Head had Harrison Barnes at center after Demontas Sabonis fouled out.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bright side for me is that it looks like Hachimura has found confidence again hopefully Reaves does the same tomorrow

Fwiw I don’t think his confidence ever wavered.
Just not enough consistent PT makes it’s hard to get a rhythm
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bright side for me is that it looks like Hachimura has found confidence again hopefully Reaves does the same tomorrow

He doesn’t find confidence in 1 game. If he found it, ham made sure he lost it by not putting him back in.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

Christie needs burn.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

eddiejonze wrote:
Would have preferred Dennis over Gabe tho and I've felt that since he left...

Too early to tell but yeah they are missing Shroder's grit and hustle. TP is a nice replacement, but he struggles to defend quicker players like Fox, while Dennis excels at it.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

venturalakersfan wrote:
MJST wrote:
1) should have went to AD more down the stretch even in "LeBron Time"
2) Gabe Vincent needs to NOT be in closing games unless he's on fire
3) Wood and Rui had earned to be one of the ones out there in the closing moments, not Vincent.

Sac went with 5 ball handlers, Rui and Wood would be useless against them. They need (and needed all off season) a guard who can match up with top guards. Pelinka whiffed on that.

Crazy to think at one point the Laker guards were Avery Bradley (back when he was good), KCP, Caruso, Danny Green, and of course Rondo (regular season he stunk but playoffs, different story). 4 of those guys could be thrown at opposing guards and cause them headaches. Alot has changed.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:03 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He doesn’t find confidence in 1 game. If he found it, ham made sure he lost it by not putting him back in.

Prince was killing it in the third and he yanked him too. He was consistent with that approach. Those two both should have finished the game out there with Bron and AD but they both got iced by their own coach
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Denny_Russo wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Would have preferred Dennis over Gabe tho and I've felt that since he left...

Too early to tell but yeah they are missing Shroder's grit and hustle. TP is a nice replacement, but he struggles to defend quicker players like Fox, while Dennis excels at it.

I was concerned about losing DS' quickness as well.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

JUST-MING wrote:
The Lakers have too much size to be chucking three point shots on offense, especially when Potato Head had Harrison Barnes at center after Demontas Sabonis fouled out.
we shot 45, they shot 48 !!!!!! These are normal numbers these days...it used to be 20 was a lot lol
AtlLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

KingKobe20 wrote:
AtlLaker wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
AtlLaker wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
HeatCandela wrote:
Oh well, we get a real easy game tomorrow vs. a poverty team. A sure fire win!

Nah this gotta be a joke.
Orlando is 2-0 right now and they got shooters.

Banchero is a stud.
They play us tough all the time.

We should win at home but I’m doubting it will be easy

Hell, I have us losing tomorrow night.

You had us losing the playin game against Minnesota last season as well how’d that work out for ya brah???? 💀💀💀

A sweep against Denver. We would’ve been better off losing.

What a loser response 🙃🙃🙃

🫡🇺🇸

I want this team to compete for Championships. Not to get blasted by the competition. We have a lot of money invested in Rui,Reaves and Vincent and they have gone Mia. No defense whatsoever.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Seriously....its a freaking November regular season game in a tight western conference. The overexaggerations on here......I mean hell even the 2012 Kobe Lakers stole some regular season games against the Westbrook-Durant-Harden Thunder.....if you thought for one second that those wins meant anything, you dont know basketball. Its the same stuff here.....watch what happens come playoff time.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:04 pm    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
we shot 45, they shot 48 !!!!!! These are normal numbers these days...it used to be 20 was a lot lol

If we are into the 3 shooting competitions, we’d probably lose a lot.
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Prince was killing it in the third and he yanked him too. He was consistent with that approach. Those two both should have finished the game out there with Bron and AD but they both got iced by their own coach

Sad but true. How your own coach ices you is just mind boggling.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

JUST-MING wrote:

This is why we don't need to be running a 5 out offense.

4 out 1 in with Davis being the one in would work a lot better ESPECIALLY in situations like that.

We fouled out Sabonis, and AD is on fire. You GO TO HIM constantly and make Sacramento pay for it. Having AD waiting by the three point line just makes the meme about LeBron sticking star bigs in a corner to shoot threes echo louder, and it does the Kings a favor by NOT going to AD when their big is out.

Remember the days when a Coach would run the same play over and over again and exploit another team till they figured out how to stop it. That mentality needs to come back and Ham should have went for the threat the moment Sabonis was gone and started giving it to AD so he could feast on the Kings. But we didn't.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

JUST-MING wrote:

It’s clear as F’n day when we go BIG (AD, CW or Hayes, Rui, Bron) we play more dominant on both ends of the court.

I can’t wait till Vando gets back. An yes he should start over Taurean back to our playoff lineup
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

It’s really concerning when we get a mismatch with De’Arron Fox on Anthony Davis under the basket and our starting point guard Dangelo Russell chucks a three point shot.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

JUST-MING wrote:

When Sabonis fouled out and Kings put Barnes on AD, the Lakers just took threes.

I was screaming on top of my lung. Like why the f did you not take advantage of that mismatch. Go to AD even if he missed, it would still have been the correct move. Ham should preach basketball intelligence to the team if he had any.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:06 pm    Post subject:

I don’t see why everyone is so upset, it was a good game but the Lakers didn’t come out on top. Sac is a top 6 team in the West, as are the Lakers. Two good teams battled it out and the home team came out on top. It could as easily been the Lakers who won.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:06 pm    Post subject:

I was hoping this is the year that we break out the shooting curse. Doesn’t look good. We would’ve been 3-0 if we shoot decent from the 3
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:07 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
It’s really concerning when we get a mismatch with De’Arron Fox on Anthony Davis under the basket and our starting point guard Dangelo Russell chucks a three point shot.

It was when they penetrated and kicked it back out to three two straight possessions with AD in the paint hand up that got me …

I still to this day say that we haven’t got an intelligent point guard for AD since Rondo left
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Need Gabe to not be in late in games unless he happens to be on fire from three. He doesn't really offer much to the team outside of his three point shooting WHEN he's having a game he's rolling. That's who he was last year with Miami too.

Gabe hadn't earned being out there in the closing moments, both Rui and Wood had better games than him and either should have been in over him, especially when we were in desperate need of key rebounds.

I am sure he wouldn’t if AR didn’t have the worst game of his life

Gabe was having a worse one.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

IMO we win if Ham used Wood properly this game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 35 of 37
Jump to: