*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Miami Heat (11/06/23) Gm#7 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
we knew we were going to start better than last year but not be as good as we finished the year. ESPN had us at 43 wins which is probably right. we will eventually have a 5 game win streak.

ESPN probably took into account that our players would be dropping like flies 7 games into the season, and young ones no less
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Wood or Prince should have taken the last shot there is no if’s or but’s about it, Ham didn’t even draw up a play in that last possession he’s a lousy coach who is living off of last year’s run after the trade deadline

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:53 pm    Post subject:

We had back to back wide open 3s that we missed. I didn't like either shot at that point in time but they were both pretty good looks. We need reliable shooters and so far Reddish isn't it.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:53 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
we knew we were going to start better than last year but not be as good as we finished the year. ESPN had us at 43 wins which is probably right. we will eventually have a 5 game win streak.

ESPN probably took into account that our players would be dropping like flies 7 games into the season, and young ones no less

I think it has more to do with we didn't really upgrade that much
AtlLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:55 pm    Post subject:

A lot of fellow Lakers fans are to be hit with a reality check. Our team just isn’t good and we should’ve just kept Scroeder , instead of paying extra money on sorry DLO smh.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

They won 43 games last season with the same roster played 1/3 of the season together, so I think it would be normal to assume a slight improvement even if we didn’t upgrade by much. I think they have a chance to win 50 games, but I think it is trending to 45 now
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:59 pm    Post subject:

AtlLaker wrote:
A lot of fellow Lakers fans are to be hit with a reality check. Our team just isn’t good and we should’ve just kept Scroeder , instead of paying extra money on sorry DLO smh.

There was no option to choose DS over DLO, but I would be happy to offer DS the money Gabe got.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:03 pm    Post subject:

AtlLaker wrote:

If you’re gonna complain at least have some logic about it.

Signing Dlo had no bearing on signing Dennis.

It was Dennis or Gabe.

We had Dlo’s Bird rights. We either had to resign him or let him go without being able to sign anyone else to his salary slot.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:04 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
levon wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
LeBron should have gone to the rim.

The heat were ready for that. It would’ve ended like the ending of game 4 of the WCF last summer

He had Wood under the basket tho. That pass to Reddish was unnecessary

https://x.com/mcten/status/1721723305646801355?s=46&t=VJNAyA603EB9oePT0uUvuw
Would be a hard pass since the direct lane was blocked, but I believe wood would got the rebound if lebron force the layup

If you overanalyze all of these last second plays to death, you can come up with a lot of optimal situations in hindsight. For instance, LeBron boxing Bam out and tipping it in, or passing it to Prince instead of Reddish once Lowry dug in. It's like looking at a missed penalty kick and thinking, but what if he shot in the left corner, it was wide open!!! The reality is everyone's got a unsychronized mental clock running out in their head, there's a set play, and you really just look to get a single good shot out of this.
14% 3 point shooter taking a 3 is not a good shot.

I don't think that's a LeBron problem.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:06 pm    Post subject:

DLO looks worse then last year
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:06 pm    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
I would've rather lived with Lebron taking a contested layup vs Reddish who has missed 85% of his threes this season

Bam was in a good position and took Lebron's angle away... Reddish had enough time to swing it to Prince, or pump fake and drove baseline. Wood had Bam sealed under.

Last edited by miggz23 on Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:08 pm    Post subject:

AtlLaker wrote:

I expected them to struggle with 3-4 rotation of their top 8 rotation out. AD going out and DLO ejected. I was surprise they made a game out of it.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
AtlLaker wrote:

If you’re gonna complain at least have some logic about it.

Signing Dlo had no bearing on signing Dennis.

It was Dennis or Gabe.

We had Dlo’s Bird rights. We either had to resign him or let him go without being able to sign anyone else to his salary slot.

How are we going to Hate if you talking logic? Hate Hate Hate
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:11 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

They won 43 games last season with the same roster played 1/3 of the season together, so I think it would be normal to assume a slight improvement even if we didn’t upgrade by much. I think they have a chance to win 50 games, but I think it is trending to 45 now

bron is older hasn't played more than 56 games since being here outside of bubble.

AD hasn't played more than 56 games here outside of the bubble

Our key additions had zero market unless heat wanted gabe back.

west is stacked. We may have gotten marginally better, but the west got way better.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

bron is older hasn't played more than 56 games since being here outside of bubble.

west is stacked. We may have gotten marginally better, but the west got way better.

AD didn’t play 56 games last season, neither did bron and they won 43 games. West got stronger in terms of top tier talent but Memphis and Utah are falling out fast.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:16 pm    Post subject:

DLo averaging 18/7/3 as our 3rd or 4th option while playing noticeably improved defense, not sure what people are expecting. Hopefully his shooting %'s go up though.

The refs tonight seemed to have a vendetta, idk. That white lady and gucci ref were just awful.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:22 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

AD didn’t play 56 games last season, neither did bron and they won 43 games. West got stronger in terms of top tier talent but Memphis and Utah are falling out fast.

right. and the west got way better. We benefitted from Grizz being injured last year in the playoffs, Utah doesn't mean much. I will judge Grizz when ja returns.

Hope your right.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

right. and the west got way better. We benefitted from Grizz being injured last year in the playoffs, Utah doesn't mean much. I will judge Grizz when ja returns.

Hope your right.

Most Grizzlies fans claim they play much better and faster without Adams.
Brandon Clarke was more missed than aquaman. Their terrible start has more to do with Marcus Smart not being able to produce as many points and defensive stops as Dillon Brooks.

Ja will not save that franchise when they are 5-20. (25 game suspension)

Bottom line is they really miss Tyus Jones and Dillon Brooks who fit in well with their system.

I wouldn’t dismiss Utah as an easy walk in the park. Lauri and Jordan are solid and the last couple seasons dropping big numbers on the Lakers. I think JC ever since he got traded to the Cavs always murdered the Lakers whenever he faced them LOL LGSRS ELITE LOL
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
DLo averaging 18/7/3 as our 3rd or 4th option while playing noticeably improved defense, not sure what people are expecting. Hopefully his shooting %'s go up though.

The refs tonight seemed to have a vendetta, idk. That white lady and gucci ref were just awful.

I had to watch on dvr delay which sometimes I prefer because I can watch an entire game in an hour. I normally fast forward through free throws and any dead ball disputes coach/ref challenges ext.

Don’t know what the exact calls where but it did seem like Miami shot a bunch of transition take and technical fouls which where probably where it seemed like the referees were caught up in their feelings again.

I thought Adam Silver was trying to clean this crap up?

Didn’t even realize DLo got tossed. Hard for me to imagine him not redeeming himself from blowing that game winner agains there clips tonight against the heat. Definitely would of rather had him shoot that last shot over cam

Damn
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:14 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Day wrote:

I had to watch on dvr delay which sometimes I prefer because I can watch an entire game in an hour. I normally fast forward through free throws and any dead ball disputes coach/ref challenges ext.

Don’t know what the exact calls where but it did seem like Miami shot a bunch of transition take and technical fouls which where probably where it seemed like the referees were caught up in their feelings again.

Didn’t even realize DLo got tossed. Hard for me to imagine him not redeeming himself from blowing that game winner agains there clips tonight against the heat. Definitely would of rather had him shoot that last shot over cam

Damn

It was weird, he was arguing that there was a kick ball with one ref ( it should have been a kick ball ), and a ref from across the court ejected him; not the ref he was talking to. Was giga weird.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:04 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Day wrote:

Damn

Bron said he got a tech for delay of game for rolling the ball to where the ball was being taken out. Refs were definitely horrible this game. Not including all the missed call on Lebron getting hit on the face and getting body checked in transition.

DLO got a T from a ref he was not even talking to. Then ejected him when he told him that he was not talking to him.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:30 pm    Post subject:

At least this loss was more entertaining. But still sucks to see such a dumb loss.

Too many squandered opportunities throughout the game though. Stupid TOs, bad shot selection, giving up rebounds, etc. All the little details you would expect a veteran team to be better at.

Lakers had multiple opportunities to go ahead in the last few possessions. Heat were handing them the game. Yet they choose two off balance 3s, a turnover and a kick out to Reddish???

Lakers did not deserve a win. Margin for error is razor thin with so many out in a road game. Losing Russell and Davis just made it more difficult. Than to squander possessions.

Oh well. 3-4 and on to the next game.
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:56 pm    Post subject:

I think Wood and Prince def give the Lakers more juice than they had last year. Cam/DLo should not have been signed. I think their presence actually hurts the team.

We will see how much Lebron/AD have left in the tank by next April/May. In theory the Lakers should be at their best right now since Lebron/AD are as fresh as they will ever be. But so far very mediocre results.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:38 am    Post subject:

Next Game: #8

Los Angeles Lakers @ Houston Rockets
    Toyota Center • Houston, TX • Wednesday, Nov. 08, 2023 • 5:00pm PT
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:08 am    Post subject:

I am certain the league and the refs will come up with a myriad of excuses but I'm glad we are at least putting up a fight.

New story: The Lakers contacted the league office following the loss to Miami, sharing numerous clips showing what the team views as missed foul calls against LeBron James, sources told ESPN

https://x.com/mcten/status/1721967368346153101?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24
Jump to: