*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Phoenix Suns (11/10/23 @ 7:00 pm PT | Gm#9 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Cam is obviously a smart guy if he got into Duke...He'll figure it out.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:03 pm    Post subject:

This win makes up for one of the past 3 debacles. Orlando, Miami or Houston…whichever you want to choose.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:06 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I want some of you guys to go back and look at your early posts. I took down a few names. rock0100, LakerSD, and HangingtheRafters. Negativity is why I sometimes don't post in the game thread. It takes from the thrill of the game. Send positive vibes the team may pick up on them. Cosmic.

Lakers deserved all the negativity early … they sucked in the first half

It was early. Reminds me of the commercial in which fans burned team gear, threw food off of a counter, and were reminded it was just the first play. Giveupitus ain't in my game.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
This win makes up for one of the past 3 debacles. Orlando, Miami or Houston…whichever you want to choose.

No it doesn't. We have to win games
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:08 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
There are no easy wins in the NBA anymore, but we’ve got a relatively soft schedule coming up. We need to really take these games seriously and capitalize.

If nothing else, just to avoid chasing a spot the entire second half and playing catch up like last season.

LeGrandpa and Davis need a less stress regular season for us to legitimately compete for a chip.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Houston Miami sure... But not the Orlando game. We had no business losing that game.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:10 pm    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

No it doesn't. We have to win games

We weren’t going 4-0, so this win covers for one of the previous 3, but still 1-3 not good enough and especially with 2 being blow outs.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Reaves was masterful leading the second unit and he did a great job finishing too!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:11 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Houston Miami sure... But not the Orlando game. We had no business losing that game.

Yeah but you know how it goes…we always lose at least once per season to ORL
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Yeah but you know how it goes…we always lose at least once per season to ORL

I’m the complete opposite. I felt Miami was up for grabs

Orlando and Houston have a bunch of young and hungry players who’ve spent the past 2-3 seasons together getting obliterated (season series sweeps) by the Lebron and AD Lakers.
They were due to get us this time around. Hopefully we get them back later this season with our full squad
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:32 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I want some of you guys to go back and look at your early posts. I took down a few names. rock0100, LakerSD, and HangingtheRafters. Negativity is why I sometimes don't post in the game thread. It takes from the thrill of the game. Send positive vibes the team may pick up on them. Cosmic.

You go back and look at them, I didn’t say anything inflammatory nor misspoke. Learned my lesson after the Dallas game last year. You’re like that snotty nosed teacher arse kisser that she tells to take names in class lol! It’s all good, call us out if you feel like it. It needs to be done sometimes
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:35 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Reaves was masterful leading the second unit and he did a great job finishing too!

He plays better coming off the bench. I think when he starts he puts to much pressure on himself.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You go back and look at them, I didn’t say anything inflammatory nor misspoke. Learned my lesson after the Dallas game last year. You’re like that snotty nosed teacher arse kisser that she tells to take names in class lol! It’s all good, call us out if you feel like it. It needs to be done sometimes

That's the first time I did that. I've been meaning to for some time. There's a lot of negativity in game threads. I shouldn't let it get to me. I'm gonna stop letting it. It's a part of the thread. I got your screen name wrong.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:40 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
Reddish was close to being out of the league? He’s played big minutes and has done nothing?

And yet he’s now in the starting lineup? Ham’s rotations/roster decisions are HORRID. They have been since he’s been here.

Cam’s defense and hustle has been great.
He needs to stop shooting all these damn threes thinking he’s Steph LMAO

😂🤣😂

I like putting Tabasco and Sriracha on my fried crow sometimes
I’ll dice it up we’ll throw it over some fries with pico guacamole shredded cheese 💪💪💪
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:44 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Cam is obviously a smart guy if he got into Duke...He'll figure it out.

Then you got Jay Williams who was #1 overall pick out of Duke

Crashes his motorcycle ending his career tragically 🤕🤕🤕🤕now he’s probably one of the worst lakers haters at ESPN 🤡🤡🤡

Cam’s defensive intensity and lateral quickness was such a huge surprise for me. Can’t wait till Vando gets back so they both can terrorize opposing teams together 😤😤😤💪🏀
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:46 pm    Post subject:

One thing I do not miss about Vogel is how he sat out our main guys for too long in the 4th. He did that with KD today, and I appreciate that. LOL! Bradley Beal has always been empty buckets to me in Washington, and when it mattered most today, he went cold. Hopefully tonight is the beginning of the Reddish era! Lets go!
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Lol! Should have split with the Suns and beat the Magic both times so we’ll say it makes up for the Orlando game. The Flips win makes up for Mia game so now the Rocks loss is the only one of the 3 still not redeemed!
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
pio2u wrote:

He plays better coming off the bench. I think when he starts he puts to much pressure on himself.

He’s exerting himself harder defensively with Vando out.

Cam was great tonight but I think it’s unfair to depend on him to shoot threes like he’s Nick Van Exel every game.

When Vando gets back I’d like Austin to start again giving our last years playoff squad more reps
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:51 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Looks like Ham actually did some coaching and got his "must win" to keep the heat down tonight.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:54 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:

That's the first time I did that. I've been meaning to for some time. There's a lot of negativity in game threads. I shouldn't let it get to me. I'm gonna stop letting it. It's a part of the thread. I got your screen name wrong.

The ones that say “we suck” or “we’re not gonna win” or “I can’t watch I’m out”, “fire the coach”, “player is trash”, “get rid of so in so”, yea those need to be called out. Posters saying things like we’re giving up too many 2nd chance points or pointing out the reoccurring 1st quarter deficit like I mostly did aren’t really bad are they? Negativity is bad I get it, homerism denial is too! Still, I like the balance so stay on all of us!

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:54 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
jodeke wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Looks like Ham actually did some coaching and got his "must win" to keep the heat down tonight.

Yup. He made some adjustments.

leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:15 pm    Post subject:

good strategy cutting DLo and Reaves minutes playing together. Both getting pick on defense. Need another defensive player alongside them.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:15 pm    Post subject:

good strategy cutting DLo and Reaves minutes playing together. Both getting pick on defense. Need another defensive player alongside them.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:54 pm    Post subject:

*The ball was flowing much better in the second half as evidenced by the teams 27 assists.

*Really nice seeing the three ball dropping! (12-27/ 44.4%)

*The defense was swarming with 9 steals, 7 blocks and 34 defensive rebounds.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:24 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Lol! Should have split with the Suns and beat the Magic both times so we’ll say it makes up for the Orlando game. The Flips win makes up for Mia game so now the Rocks loss is the only one of the 3 still not redeemed!

Yeah ideally I would have liked a 2-2 road trip at a minimum, but we were missing some rotation players so moving on, let’s surge these next stretch of games. Don’t think anyone thought we would be 2-0 vs. Suns so that’s a bonus.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31
Jump to: