Derek Chauvin Stabbed in Prison
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:46 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if they caught the person who stabbed him or it went unsolved.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:22 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I'm guessing they know who stabbed him but rules are in place that won't allow the name to be made public.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I'm guessing they know who stabbed him but rules are in place that won't allow the name to be made public.

The population are unlikely to give the person up for obvious reasons. But if the prison authorities find out, obviously it will become known because that person will be charged with the crime, and in that case there is no anonymity.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Technically, is the guy who stabbed him a male anti chauvinist?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:17 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

The population are unlikely to give the person up for obvious reasons. But if the prison authorities find out, obviously it will become known because that person will be charged with the crime, and in that case there is no anonymity.

I've searched high and low and can't find the answer to the bold green.I'm of a mind media has asked for the name of the person who stabbed Chauvin. If so I think it would be given to the public. @ the lawyers in the forum, what is the answer? Are there rules, written or unwritten that keep the perps name from being exposed?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:18 am    Post subject:

The most relevant statement I can find is:

Quote:
While the Bureau of Prisons is not sharing details, they did tell Ellison the inmate responsible will be prosecuted.

It seems like they may have a suspect. Eventually the suspect would be sentenced before a judge and that would be public record I think. Im not concerned with the identity of the person just wondering if they got away with it.

LINK

Last edited by dont_be_a_wuss on Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:32 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
The most relevant statement I can’t find is:

Quote:
While the Bureau of Prisons is not sharing details, they did tell Ellison the inmate responsible will be prosecuted.

It seems like they may have a suspect. Eventually the suspect would be sentenced before a judge and that would be public record I think. Im not concerned with the identity of the person just wondering if they got away with it.

LINK

Can the records be sealed? My curiosity about the name stems from that, curiosity? What does concealing the name protect? Inquiring minds want to know.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:28 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Quote:

LINK

Can the records be sealed? My curiosity about the name stems from that, curiosity? What does concealing the name protect? Inquiring minds want to know.

If someone is prosecuted in this country, the defendant is identified (with the exception of minors) whether they are an inmate or not. Whitey Bulger's killers were identified, Jeffrey Dahmer's was . . . Why do you think they would keep Chauvin's attacker anonymous?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:36 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Quote:

LINK

Right now the prison is under FBI investigation so they are probably just saying as little as possible, as any entity under investigation usually does.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:07 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Quote:

LINK

If someone is prosecuted in this country, the defendant is identified (with the exception of minors) whether they are an inmate or not. Whitey Bulger's killers were identified, Jeffrey Dahmer's was . . . Why do you think they would keep Chauvin's attacker anonymous?

I have no idea, I'm curious as to why the name has not been revealed. What is the reason for it? Is it because it's an ongoing investigation or something of that nature? As previously stated, "Inquiring Minds Want To Know".

Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:08 am    Post subject:

^because it’s ongoing.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:08 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Quote:

LINK

Right now the prison is under FBI investigation so they are probably just saying as little as possible, as any entity under investigation usually does.

That's a possibility I've considered. I'm fairly sure all will come out in the wash.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:22 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
^because it’s ongoing.

Thanx Cut.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:39 pm    Post subject:

DELETED WRONG THREAD jodeke

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:33 pm    Post subject:

thankfully he hasn't turned into a sympathetic character.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:14 am    Post subject:

Looking forward to the day when someone succeeds in sending this pos to the afterlife
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:05 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Looking forward to the day when someone succeeds in sending this pos to the afterlife

That may be the easy way out. I was listening to Cliff and Janine a KJLH radio morning show some time ago. A recently released prisoner said he hadn't had a normal bowl movement in years. That's a fate I wish for Chauvin.

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:14 am    Post subject:

I was reading the Chauvin thread on r/prison, and some posters said when they were in prison there was a special Thanksgiving meal every year which was the only time all the populations were together to eat. They could’ve got him during something like this. Someone also said that he might’ve had a court appearance they got him when he was passing through Gen pop.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:14 pm    Post subject:

The man who stabbed Derek Chauvin has been identified and charged with attempted murder. The 52 year old man serving a 30-year sentence for crimes committed while a member of a Mexican mafia gang who stabbed Chauvin 22 times, says he stabbed Chauvin on Black Friday as a symbolic gesture of the Black Lives Matter movement and the black fist.

Quote:
MINNEAPOLIS — The inmate who stabbed former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin in federal prison last week did so 22 times, with an improvised knife, according to recently filed criminal charges. He also admitted to corrections officers that he would have killed Chauvin had they not responded as quickly as they did.

The U.S. Attorney's Office identified the alleged perpetrator as 52-year-old John Turscak. He now faces charges of attempted murder, assault with intent to commit murder, assault with a dangerous weapon, and assault resulting in serious bodily injury.

Chauvin was badly hurt after he was stabbed in a federal prison one week ago; the charging documents indicate the stabbing happened in the law library at the Federal Correctional Institution in Tucson, Arizona. Chauvin is currently serving his 22-year sentence there. The former police officer was convicted of killing George Floyd during an arrest in May 2020.

A WCCO source earlier this week said that Chauvin was hospitalized following the attack, but was said to be in stable condition.

The Associated Press reports that Turscak told investigators that he attacked Chauvin on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, as a symbolic connection to the Black Lives Matter movement and the "Black Hand" symbol associated with the Mexican Mafia gang, prosecutors said. Turscak is serving a 30-year sentence for crimes committed while a member of that Mexican Mafia gang.

However, in contrast to what corrections officers reported, Turscak told FBI agents that even though he'd been thinking about assaulting Chauvin for a month because he is a high-profile inmate, he denied wanting to kill him.

CBS News
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
thankfully he hasn't turned into a sympathetic character.

You must have missed VLFs post.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:46 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
slavavov wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Hoping people get murdered in prison is a pretty gross mindset.

Maybe we can say Derek Chauvin deserves to get killed since he murdered George Floyd. But it's not right for a human being to kill Chauvin, imo.

He should have ingested the fentanyl that killed Floyd.

Fentanyl didn't kill Floyd, Derek Chauvin did.

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:57 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
slavavov wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Hoping people get murdered in prison is a pretty gross mindset.

Maybe we can say Derek Chauvin deserves to get killed since he murdered George Floyd. But it's not right for a human being to kill Chauvin, imo.

He should have ingested the fentanyl that killed Floyd.

Fentanyl didn't kill Floyd, Derek Chauvin did.

I can’t believe anybody could watch the entire 8 minutes and 46 seconds and think fentanyl killed George Floyd. I try to give police some benefit of the doubt because they have to handle some situations I wouldn’t want to handle for my job. But in this situation I just can’t see it. The recently released autopsy also stated that he died of cardiopulmonary arrest” from “law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression.” but somehow the like of Tucker Carlson hung on to one sentence about “life threatening injuries” and claim that means it was an overdose.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:19 pm    Post subject:

VLF knows it wasn’t fentanyl that killed Floyd. He’s just one of those right wingers who believe LE can do no wrong and that anyone they kill deserves it, regardless of the circumstances.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:35 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
VLF knows it wasn’t fentanyl that killed Floyd. He’s just one of those right wingers who believe LE can do no wrong and that anyone they kill deserves it, regardless of the circumstances.

I have a few friends who question the Floyd killing and think it could be fentanyl, but none of them have watched the 8:46 video when I ask them. They don’t want to watch a man die, I can understand that. When I initially saw the social media posts of people claiming fentanyl killed him after the first protests, I had to watch for myself, and it was a real turning point for me. Just the sheer ignorance and evilness of the people supporting police killings of black men who refuse to watch readily available footage of the incident and fault the black man at all costs .

When you watch the footage of GF, there is a moment where officer Tou Thao has the most noticeable “gulp” moment when the camera man says Floyd “is out”. Chauvin was just so stubborn and none of the fellow officers or bystanders could come up with a way to get him to back down.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:10 pm    Post subject:

I happened to be in Minneapolis this past June with my kids for a college reunion. We went to George Floyd Square. Coincidentally, it was on Juneteenth. There's a silence that exists in that place that's hard to describe. I am glad my teenagers got to experience that. They both walked away with a very solemn attitude and admitted to feeling disturbed.

I have zero regard for police officers who place themselves above the law or the movement, institution, sympathy or discourse that supports those types of individuals. I grew up in 1980s LA and the police operated as a gang as much as any of the street gangs in the city. Many of us from that generation (especially minorities) remember what it was like to fear the cops more than the gangs.

So where Chauvin is concerned, c'est la vie. It's not about wishing something bad befall him, it's simply a fact that life catches up with all of us. You reap what you sow.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: