Derek Chauvin Stabbed in Prison
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:47 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
VLF knows it wasn’t fentanyl that killed Floyd. He’s just one of those right wingers who believe LE can do no wrong and that anyone they kill deserves it, regardless of the circumstances.

If someone is able to scream repeatedly then they are by definition breathing. This was not a simple case of "murder" unless someone has a bias either way. We can't simply ignore the 4x lethal dose of fentanyl in his blood. Or the doctor who later admitted he was pressured into ruling it a homicide to protect his career.

This was an ugly case all around and personally I don't believe the narrative that Chauvin decided he just wanted to kill a black man that day, considering he used a maneuver the department taught all their officers, a maneuver that the use of force officer declared was a lower use of force than he was authorized to use in that situation, and it had been used hundreds of times prior without incident.

Personally I wish Floyd had just complied and gone to jail and served his time.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
VLF knows it wasn’t fentanyl that killed Floyd. He’s just one of those right wingers who believe LE can do no wrong and that anyone they kill deserves it, regardless of the circumstances.

If someone is able to scream repeatedly then they are by definition breathing.

He didn't scream loudly, he whispered. Hold your breath and say repeatedly I can't breathe. You can breathe but it's restricted and you won't be able to scream.

This was not a simple case of "murder" unless someone has a bias either way. We can't simply ignore the 4x lethal dose of fentanyl in his blood. Or the doctor who later admitted he was pressured into ruling it a homicide to protect his career.

This is the first time I heard that. Do you have something to validate it? Do you think fentanyl was the cause of Floyds death?

This was an ugly case all around and personally I don't believe the narrative that Chauvin decided he just wanted to kill a black man that day,

I don't remember that narrative. Where did you get it?

considering he used a maneuver the department taught all their officers, a maneuver that the use of force officer declared was a lower use of force than he was authorized to use in that situation, and it had been used hundreds of times prior without incident.

Are you saying placing your knee on the neck of a man for 9 1/2 minutes is a lower use of force than he was authorized to use is something taught by MPD?

He was complying. What did you see to contradict that?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Regardless of what Floyd was on, cops have to be better when there is no risk of a weapon. Every cop should be mandated to take jiu jitsu. It’s the perfect approach regardless of size difference. You can contain people without choking. IMHO
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:34 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

If someone is able to scream repeatedly then they are by definition breathing.

He didn't scream loudly, he whispered. Hold your breath and say repeatedly I can't breathe. You can breathe but it's restricted and you won't be able to scream.

This was not a simple case of "murder" unless someone has a bias either way. We can't simply ignore the 4x lethal dose of fentanyl in his blood. Or the doctor who later admitted he was pressured into ruling it a homicide to protect his career.

This is the first time I heard that. Do you have something to validate it? Do you think fentanyl was the cause of Floyds death?

This was an ugly case all around and personally I don't believe the narrative that Chauvin decided he just wanted to kill a black man that day,

I don't remember that narrative. Where did you get it?

considering he used a maneuver the department taught all their officers, a maneuver that the use of force officer declared was a lower use of force than he was authorized to use in that situation, and it had been used hundreds of times prior without incident.

Are you saying placing your knee on the neck of a man for 9 1/2 minutes is a lower use of force than he was authorized to use is something taught by MPD?

He was complying. What did you see to contradict that?

If Chauvin had enough confidence to put his hands in his pockets, he was not under any kind of serious threat.

Don't piss down my leg and tell me it's raining.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

If someone is able to scream repeatedly then they are by definition breathing. This was not a simple case of "murder" unless someone has a bias either way. We can't simply ignore the 4x lethal dose of fentanyl in his blood. Or the doctor who later admitted he was pressured into ruling it a homicide to protect his career.

This was an ugly case all around and personally I don't believe the narrative that Chauvin decided he just wanted to kill a black man that day, considering he used a maneuver the department taught all their officers, a maneuver that the use of force officer declared was a lower use of force than he was authorized to use in that situation, and it had been used hundreds of times prior without incident.

As someone who has watched the whole nine and half minutes of Chauvin smugly kneeling on George Floyd's neck, knowing Floyd was not threat, the whole idea that Floyd was "screaming" is ludicrous; particularly at the end when he was pissing himself as his body started to shut down. And the idea that there was a "narrative that Chauvin decided he just wanted to kill a black man that day" is a total straw man. But thank you for proving your bias.

Quote:

Personally, I wish Chauvin had decided to do his job as a law enforcement officer as he was trained to on all levels, and hadn't gone on a power trip when bystanders called him out on his obviously, beyond reasonable efforts to subdue a man who was wanted on a petty crime and who was no longer a threat to Chauvin. But he didn't, and now he is serving his time, as he rightly should.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Regardless of what Floyd was on, cops have to be better when there is no risk of a weapon. Every cop should be mandated to take jiu jitsu. It’s the perfect approach regardless of size difference. You can contain people without choking. IMHO

This. It'll never happen though. Have you seen some cops? They couldn't a run a mile downhill.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:09 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Halflife wrote:

This. It'll never happen though. Have you seen some cops? They couldn't a run a mile downhill.

As a bleeding heart liberal who thinks we need our police to be better I understand that might mean more funding for the police. If more money BJJ training and less murders by the police and the police felt more safe while doing their jobs I see that as an absolute win.

I think we need more training which means more money, but also more oversight, which could go down over time as we have less incidents. Not sure this is where we are meant to be talking about such things though, but that is just my feeling on the issue.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:33 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

I highlighted mental discipline because I think it will lessen police brutality.

Quote:
Japanese police officers are trained in several martial arts techniques, including Judo, Kendo, and Aikido. These traditional martial arts help officers develop physical fitness, mental discipline, and self-defense skills

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: