*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Oklahoma City Thunder (11/30/23) Gm#20 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Just win the play in tournament. Do we put up a banner??
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:25 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
castle's gonna be a player

I like Castle-Rock a lot
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Now that the games done, I can calm down. Schedule loss. Thunder are already a great team and would be tough on any night. On a second game of a back to back, third game in 4 games, missing every perimeter defender and only having 7 rotation players available? We would have needed a miracle to win, and we didn't get one. Sucks, but what can you do?
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Good to hear all the wings may be back Saturday. Really hopeful Vando can bring back some hustle and energy to the team.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:27 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Now that the games done, I can calm down. Schedule loss. Thunder are already a great team and would be tough on any night. On a second game of a back to back, third game in 4 games, missing every perimeter defender and only having 7 rotation players available? We would have needed a miracle to win, and we didn't get one. Sucks, but what can you do?

I’m having a hard time being mad at them tonight whenever they could barely field a team
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
I'll always love Shai for his Kobe over Lebron take. Real respect real.

JUST-MING wrote:
Shai just cooked Lebron 1on1

No shame in that.
Shai cooks everyone.

The more bigger headline is that Shai acted like a whiny little girl because Lebron and KD kept on beating his dunk attempts in the past LOL

He’s a world class talent who’s fun to watch but he kind of threw me off with that weak statement, maybe a Canadian thing.

His hero Kobe wouldn’t approve of those salty comments that’s for damn sure
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:34 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
I'll always love Shai for his Kobe over Lebron take. Real respect real.

JUST-MING wrote:
Shai just cooked Lebron 1on1

No shame in that.
Shai cooks everyone.

The more bigger headline is that Shai acted like a whiny little girl because Lebron and KD kept on beating his dunk attempts in the past LOL

He’s a world class talent who’s fun to watch but he kind of threw me off with that weak statement, maybe a Canadian thing.

His hero Kobe wouldn’t approve of those salty comments that’s for damn sure

Ya screw SGA
AtlLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Japago wrote:
I got called a troll for saying that the Lakers weren't good just because they beat the Pistons.

That’s different you you’re not a troll for saying that the Lakers are a good team just because they beat a bad team

Atlanta Lakers fan has gotten nothing positive to say about this team ever he’s just a prick comes in here and starts up (bleep)

Haha prick ? Man gtfoh with that. I speak on what I see and I called this game and the 76ers game as a loss. Because I see what our issues are. Im not here to speak in fantasy land.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:40 pm    Post subject:

People seriously expecting us to beat a top team in the west on a second night of B2B on the road with 7 rotation players?
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:42 pm    Post subject:

2-2 on the 4 game road trip really isn’t that bad, especially with Vincent/CamRed/Vande/Rui out who would all be likely key contributors. Also, Hayes was out for the OKC game but not really expected to significantly contribute to Laker wins.

The problem is how they have looked in the Philly game and this one against OKC. Even tho the wins against Cleve/Detroit were impressive, the loses makes us wonder if AD/LBJ/AReaves/Dlo are capable of a ship run as the best 4 players, even without the injuries to key role players.

I’m actually glad we have until Jan15th so that a move isn’t made prematurely before have more time to we see what we have and where changes need to be made. It could be as simple as getting defenders back from injures and as complicated as switching out the coach/AR/Prince/JHSfino/Rui to bring in a scorer and big Center.
Valdarno
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:47 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
People seriously expecting us to beat a top team in the west on a second night of B2B on the road with 7 rotation players?

Can't wait for everyone to be back.

Then when the bad play continues, the "injury excuse" folks will not have any more injury excuses.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Valdarno wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Can't wait for everyone to be back.

Then when the bad play continues, the "injury excuse" folks will not have any more injury excuses.

Even fully healthy, it is just hard to beat a top team on the road, let alone 2nd night of a B2B. This is not the KD warriors which they just jog out there and make 3s
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
2-2 on the 4 game road trip really isn’t that bad, especially with Vincent/CamRed/Vande/Rui out who would all be likely key contributors. Also, Hayes was out for the OKC game but not really expected to significantly contribute to Laker wins.

The problem is how they have looked in the Philly game and this one against OKC. Even tho the wins against Cleve/Detroit were impressive, the loses makes us wonder if AD/LBJ/AReaves/Dlo are capable of a ship run as the best 4 players, even without the injuries to key role players.

I’m actually glad we have until Jan15th so that a move isn’t made prematurely before have more time to we see what we have and where changes need to be made. It could be as simple as getting defenders back from injures and as complicated as switching out the coach/AR/Prince/JHSfino/Rui to bring in a scorer and big Center.

I believe we’ll be noticeably better with all our guys BUT we are still not a championship contending team. Dlo and Reaves as our 3rd and 4th best players might’ve been viable back in 2020, when Lebron and AD were basically the 2 best players in the world.

Bron and AD have fallen off from that quite a bit. Legit low-level all star players would need to be 3rd and 4th options to make up for it. Obviously not realistic, but that’s what it would take to make us a top tier team IMO
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Had this a scheduled loss...

We been playing with 60% healthy rotation to start the season, and we don't really know what this team is capable of until they get everyone back. Specially Vando and Gabe.

I'll take being above .500 record with all that going on.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:13 pm    Post subject:

AtlLaker wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Japago wrote:
I got called a troll for saying that the Lakers weren't good just because they beat the Pistons.

That’s different you you’re not a troll for saying that the Lakers are a good team just because they beat a bad team

Atlanta Lakers fan has gotten nothing positive to say about this team ever he’s just a prick comes in here and starts up (bleep)

Haha prick ? Man gtfoh with that. I speak on what I see and I called this game and the 76ers game as a loss. Because I see what our issues are. Im not here to speak in fantasy land.

I said what I said
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:47 pm    Post subject:

This pattern is so fraudulent and embarrassing.
Andrew Evenstar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:52 pm    Post subject:

windycitycane wrote:
Just win the play in tournament. Do we put up a banner??

absolutely yes lol as a troll to the nba and ourselves.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:03 pm    Post subject:

We're a .500 team .... don't see much improvement over last year's team. Waiting till the team gets fully healthy -- glad I missed the game.

Losing to Philly and OKC is unacceptable for a championship team -- yesterday's win was meaningless since the Pistons would lose to UCIrvine.

Last edited by JerryWest_44 on Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:05 pm    Post subject:

We knew we would start better than last season but not be as good as we ended.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
We knew we would start better than last season but not be as good as we ended.

Well we did end at 0-4...
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:35 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
We're a .500 team .... don't see much improvement over last year's team. Waiting till the team gets fully healthy -- glad I missed the game.

Losing to Philly and OKC is unacceptable for a championship team -- yesterday's win was meaningless since the Pistons would lose to UCIrvine.

That’s unreasonable. Even championship teams lose games on the road against other good teams, especially when they’re down 4 rotation players.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:45 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

That’s unreasonable. Even championship teams lose games on the road against other good teams, especially when they’re down 4 rotation players.

Not saying we are similar to the 2020 team, but even that team was dropping games against top teams early in the season.

Can't really judge this team right now until they are fully healthy, specially only 20 games in the season.
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:43 pm    Post subject:

OKC should be trading some of their 1sts for guys that can help them this year. They can win right now with the right piece added

Shae/Holmgren can be the next Murray/Jokic. Damn near unstoppable when they get cooking
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:02 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

Not saying we are similar to the 2020 team, but even that team was dropping games against top teams early in the season.

Can't really judge this team right now until they are fully healthy, specially only 20 games in the season.

if you were going to tell me we have a 3 month break coming up, zero travel and guys vocally saying they dont want to be there from other teams, we would be in pretty good shape. the only difference now from then is that other teams may actually care more.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:28 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

it wasn't gonna happen
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15
Jump to: