*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Phoenix Suns | 12/05/23 @ 7:00 pm PT | Gm#22 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:15 pm    Post subject:

https://x.com/trevor_lane/status/1732294281556087034?s=46&t=VJNAyA603EB9oePT0uUvuw

So lebron called the timeout when AR had possession of the ball
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Amazing how good this team can be defensively with the now plethora of wings. Los Angeles Wings.

AR showed up as a big 3 member.

Lebron still looks the best I have seen him look since 2018-19 before LePop.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:27 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
https://x.com/trevor_lane/status/1732294281556087034?s=46&t=VJNAyA603EB9oePT0uUvuw

Theres video also you can here someone yelled timeout right after AR first dribble as he was falling.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:43 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Theres video also you can here someone yelled timeout right after AR first dribble as he was falling.

Lost in this social media discussion is the reason Reeves lost control of the ball.

Fouled on contact. Two shots for Reeves, an 86% FT shooter.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:41 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

They’re scrambling to cover for themselves
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:28 am    Post subject:

Have to talk about the 12 second no ball possession time out. The Lakers caught a break. Having said that IMO it was a makeup call. What caused the ball to be loose was a no call on Booker's bumping AR and causing the ball to come loose. AR was expecting a call and didn't vigorously go after the loose ball. If Devin hadn't bumped AR we wouldn't be having this conversation.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:43 am    Post subject:

we are a bad match-up for them without all 3 of their guys. They may never have them which sucks for them good for us.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:06 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Ham need to figure out that starting unit...

Only 17 points combined for DLO/Prince/Cam. That's not not going to get it done. It's not like we're going up against a power house defensive team.

Prince is like a ghost out there, his man D is aight but I'd rather see Vando or more Rui, really anybody but him - even Christie.

This is exactly where I am too.

I'd rather start Vando or Max or Rui... so tired of seeing TP with 25+ minutes and 0-1 3's made.

#BannersOverBillboards
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:05 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
we are a bad match-up for them without all 3 of their guys. They may never have them which sucks for them good for us.

i could see a problem if they have all 3 of their guys as DLO or AR would be forced to guard one of booker/beal because we sure as hell wouldn't want Lebron to guard them. Lakers were able to switch everything with their wings and AD, so it will be interesting to see how it looks.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:54 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

You are overrating Beal tbh.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:56 am    Post subject:

Bradley Beal hasn't been well for the last 2 seasons. He only played 50 games in 2022-23 and 40 games in 2021-22. I'm on the SAS bus with availability is key.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:00 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Lost in this social media discussion is the reason Reeves lost control of the ball.

The thing is it’s on AR to hold the ball there. The same thing happened at the end of the last game where he reacted to bait for a foul and lost it in phoenix because the refs let Beal play through while he snapped his head back. He has to man up there and hold on to the damn ball. It’s happened both games
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:01 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Only 17 points combined for DLO/Prince/Cam. That's not not going to get it done. It's not like we're going up against a power house defensive team.

Prince is like a ghost out there, his man D is aight but I'd rather see Vando or more Rui, really anybody but him - even Christie.

I'd rather start Vando or Max or Rui... so tired of seeing TP with 25+ minutes and 0-1 3's made.

Again Prince is shooting 40% from three on several makes, 46% from the field, and 78% from the line on the road this year. He’s clearly been the best wing on the road … I just don’t know why it won’t come inside staples
bryants2hot2handle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:28 am    Post subject:

man that loose ball was 2016 nba finals type of help for bron. like suspend Draymond type of help.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:30 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

The thing is it’s on AR to hold the ball there. The same thing happened at the end of the last game where he reacted to bait for a foul and lost it in phoenix because the refs let Beal play through while he snapped his head back. He has to man up there and hold on to the damn ball. It’s happened both games

If someone's trying to go up in ya, ya turn the ball loose. Look at the video above. Excuse me, ladies. I agree AR does go Hollywood to get a foul but not in this instance.

NBA Says Controversial Suns-Lakers Timeout Was Correct Call
The NBA's last two minute report says the Phoenix Suns are wrong in their complaints

LINK

Quote:
During live play the official felt that LA still had possession of the ball when LeBron James requested the timeout. Through postgame video review in slow motion replay, we did see that Austin Reaves had his left hand on the ball while it's pinned against his left leg, which does constitute control.[b][i]"1 hour ago

I thought the Lakers caught a break. Maybe not.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Halflife wrote:

You are overrating Beal tbh.

I have a feeling the Suns we saw yesterday isn’t gonna be the Suns we see by the time the playoffs come around, there gonna have Booker playing at a higher level, there probably gonna upgrade there roster, it will be a different challenge
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:09 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Again Prince is shooting 40% from three on several makes, 46% from the field, and 78% from the line on the road this year. He’s clearly been the best wing on the road … I just don’t know why it won’t come inside staples

I like TP and I'm pulling for him like I do everyone on the squad. Only player in P&G I couldn't stand ever was Russ...

Max has been more productive even with him trending up for a few games prior to that stinker v the Suns. I'd rather see him starting.

Rui and Vando are on minutes restrictions but when healthy I'd rather see either starting. Rui for O, Vando for D and I lean towards Vando.

It just makes no sense to me that this guy gets more minutes than 3 productive players when he isn't knocking down 3s.

TP would get a lot of Q2 minutes to see if he's stroking if I'm HC. If he is then he get's 2nd half minutes. If he isn't then he doesn't that game. He's a player with potential to extend leads, that's it for me.

#BannersOverBillboards
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30
Jump to: