*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Indiana Pacers (12/09/23 • 6:30 PM PT) IST Final ***
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:09 am    Post subject: *** Los Angeles Lakers vs Indiana Pacers (12/09/23 • 6:30 PM PT) IST Final ***

* Los Angeles Lakers vs Indiana Pacers *
    T-Mobile Arena • Las Vegas, NV | Saturday, Dec. 09, 2023 • 6:30 PM PT

* TEAM ROSTERS:(link)

* INJURY REPORT: link
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Indiana Pacers

* MEDIA:

……….. LET'S GO 'VEGAS LAKERS!!...
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:13 am    Post subject:

Go Lakers!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:20 am    Post subject:

I love haliburton but this is a mismatch. Even though its only a money grab for players, the lakers franchise understands the importance of grabbing the first one. it will be shown in highlight clips all year and end of year and marketing next year. Plus a W
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:21 am    Post subject:

MUST WIN!

by 30
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:27 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
MUST WIN!...

by 30
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:37 am    Post subject:

"Tyrese Haliburton bears watching. He looks like an upcoming star. Also keep and eye on Buddy Hield. If he gets hot he'll be a big problem. Myles Turner is going to test AD's want. He's quick, unselfish, and shoots a great percentage from the field 49.8. AD better bring his A game. A lot of fans think this is going to be a cake walk. NOT! This really is a must win, it's for the NBA IN-SEASON TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONS "NBA Cup" LINK

GO LAKERS!!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:00 pm; edited 5 times in total
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:40 am    Post subject:

This is the kind of matchup where I would've liked to see what Gabe Vincent could do for us.

Guarding Hali is gonna be tough for Austin or DLo, even if we try to put Reddish or Vandy on him (Pacers will run high PnRs and hope for a switch). Having the option to put Vincent on him to chase around, especially to contest that set shot as opposed to a jumper, makes some sense if it were possible.

In any case, our team size should be able to overpower the Pacers' team speed in the end. Let's go Lakers!!!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:09 am    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
This is the kind of matchup where I would've liked to see what Gabe Vincent could do for us.

Guarding Hali is gonna be tough for Austin or DLo, even if we try to put Reddish or Vandy on him (Pacers will run high PnRs and hope for a switch). Having the option to put Vincent on him to chase around, especially to contest that set shot as opposed to a jumper, makes some sense if it were possible.

In any case, our team size should be able to overpower the Pacers' team speed in the end. Let's go Lakers!!!

even with Gabe, cam/vando should be the ones guarding him. his set shot won't go so well against big defenders. the scary part of the Lakers defense is that when you go PNR, you likely draw Lebron or AD. just ask CJ and BI.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:45 am    Post subject:

^^^Sure, which is why I mentioned those two, but when the Pacer PnR is run to screen them off, I'd rather have the Gabe Vincent of last season's playoffs picking Hali up instead of Dlo or Austin. Too bad he's not available as an option.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:08 pm    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:

Hopefully the coach is not dumb and primarily guards him with Prince/Reddish/Vando.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Andrew Nembhard won’t play for Indiana tomorrow, Rick Carlisle says.

https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/status/1733217221487595612
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:29 pm    Post subject:

See if they can keep pace with us
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Time for Cam/Prince/Vando come to lock down Tyrese Haliburton like they did with Ingram.

AD -> Turner
Bron -> Toppin
Cam -> Haliburton
Prince -> Hield
D'Lo revenge game on Bruce Brown.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Time for Cam/Prince/Vando come to lock down Tyrese Haliburton like they did with Ingram.

AD -> Turner
Bron -> Toppin
Cam -> Haliburton
Prince -> Hield

Haliburton is putting up some insane 2K style game stats for the Pacers It’s gonna be a tough challenge
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:12 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
joeblow wrote:

Hopefully the coach is not dumb and primarily guards him with Prince/Reddish/Vando.

Ham's small ball rotations was one of my top three main concerns coming into the season (behind only team health and AD's head issues), but so far I've been VERY impressed. He has really put an effort into playing defensively bigger than the opponents, often going with only one guard on the floor.

Considering he has also been tasked at integrating a ton of new players into the rotation in a season where we have championship aspirations, he gets a solid A- from me so far.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:45 pm    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
defense wrote:
joeblow wrote:

Ham's small ball rotations was one of my top three main concerns coming into the season (behind only team health and AD's head issues), but so far I've been VERY impressed. He has really put an effort into playing defensively bigger than the opponents, often going with only one guard on the floor.

Considering he has also been tasked at integrating a ton of new players into the rotation in a season where we have championship aspirations, he gets a solid A- from me so far.

I don't like some of Darvin's lineups and rotations but look at where we are. He's done a good job with what he has to work with. Young inexperienced players. Inconsistent play. Injuries up the yin-yang. No wonder he's like a box of chocolates. When I post in the game thread I smile at the LG armchair coaches. Some of their suggestions are laughable. How many wanted to get rid of Cam? How many don't want Prince. He's 42.1 FG% - 37.1 3P%. Trade AD is prevalent and ludicrous. I like it when Ham goes big. He seems to have figured out when to. This is a rebuilding process. Patience is key.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:

AD -> Turner
Bron -> Toppin
Cam -> Haliburton
Prince -> Hield

PatBev/T.Brown/JTA —> Cam/Vando/Prince
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:18 pm    Post subject:

They beat the Sixers, Celtics, and Bucks to get here. Absolutely can't afford to have a scoring drought.
Vencal
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:29 pm    Post subject:

I have surprisingly enjoyed the tournament, mainly because Lakers and LeBron look so fantastic in these games. But I just have to point out that Saturday's "championship" game with Indiana is basically just an exhibition game, not much different than any pre-season game in Las Vagas. It will not count for anything in any standings or provide any benefits, it just adds an extra uncounted game to the Lakers schedule to make them paly 83 games this year.

I understand there is some extra money to the winning players, but really it is not that much to multi-millionaire NBA players (even if they act like they win a power-ball lottery with their extra $250K).

For the life of me I cannot understand why the NBA would push this tournament so heavily and then make the final BIG game not count for anything? I am just going to ask as a hypothetical, why don't the Lakers rest LeBron and AD and just play the kids? (I know the NBA and LeBron would not allow, but it actually makes more sense to rest the old guys for the Lakers overall season...which does count.)
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:32 pm    Post subject:

I’m honestly shocked how good Halliburton is when you watch him play. He shoots basically a set shot 3. Barely jumping but he makes it work and his assists/turnovers are insane.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Vencal wrote:
I have surprisingly enjoyed the tournament, mainly because Lakers and LeBron look so fantastic in these games. But I just have to point out that Saturday's "championship" game with Indiana is basically just an exhibition game, not much different than any pre-season game in Las Vagas. It will not count for anything in any standings or provide any benefits, it just adds an extra uncounted game to the Lakers schedule to make them paly 83 games this year.

I understand there is some extra money to the winning players, but really it is not that much to multi-millionaire NBA players (even if they act like they win a power-ball lottery with their extra $250K).

For the life of me I cannot understand why the NBA would push this tournament so heavily and then make the final BIG game not count for anything? I am just going to ask as a hypothetical, why don't the Lakers rest LeBron and AD and just play the kids? (I know the NBA and LeBron would not allow, but it actually makes more sense to rest the old guys for the Lakers overall season...which does count.)

Then let us have our rooks, soph, 3rd stringer and 2-ways play the bulk of the minutes tmrw, they’ll be $500k motivated
Vencal
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:46 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Vencal wrote:

Then let us have our rooks, soph, 3rd stringer and 2-ways play the bulk of the minutes tmrw, they’ll be $500k motivated

From what I have seen so far, it might just work!
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Imagine Lebron, AD, or Hali tearing an ACL in a game that doesn’t count. I think they will definitely all be playing hard though.

Someone compared this to World Baseball Classic and I see the similarities. I wasn’t that into it but the players certainly were and I think I tomorrow night they will be playing like it’s the NCAA Championship
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
Imagine Lebron, AD, or Hali tearing an ACL in a game that doesn’t count. I think they will definitely all be playing hard though.

Someone compared this to World Baseball Classic and I see the similarities. I wasn’t that into it but the players certainly were and
I think I tomorrow night they will be playing like it’s the NCAA Championship
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:04 pm    Post subject:

LET'S GO LAKERS!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 1 of 37
Jump to: