RIP Jim Ladd

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:02 pm    Post subject: RIP Jim Ladd

Some of you fellow old timers who were teens listening to rock radio in the ‘70’s know who he was, especially if you were in the So Cal area. But for the youngsters, he was one of the most iconic rock radio DJs of the ‘70s. He had two highly regarded, syndicated radio shows: Innerviews and Headsets. On the former, he interviewed pretty much every top act and and the latter was a broadcast where he put together sets entirely designed to be listened to through headphones. I spent so many Sunday nights listening to the show on my home stereo with my headphones firmly in place and a nicely packed bowl; total ear/head candy. His excellent work continued for decades on the best radio stations before moving on to satellite radio. I can still hear his deep, smooth voice talking in depth about cuts he chose.

To say he was one of the primary sources forming my appreciation for music in my early teens would be a huge understatement.

Thank you Jim for all the great listens when radio was king and you were one the reasons for it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:31 pm    Post subject:

RIP
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:06 am    Post subject:

Lord have mercy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:07 pm    Post subject:

He was the last of a breed for LA radio.

I remember he had a cameo on Square Pegs, if I recall correctly.

I know he wasn't on regular airwaves here for a while, but still. Jim Ladd was a radio presence.

Sucks seeing all the DJs you knew or grew up with either on SiriusXM or just gone from this existence.

Bye.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: